Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    Michael_VaughanMichael_Vaughan Posts: 12,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It had to be didn't it, Luis Suarez with the winning goal in CL final.

Hat trick of trophies in his first season with Barca.

Come on now then Luis, you've won it all in spain come back to LFC :cool:

That bleeder Neymar stole his thunder in the last moment of the game though!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how Evra feels;-)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was only here for 3 and a half years, and he's certainly no childhood hero. But Suarez might just be my favourite Liverpool player ever. I really bloody miss him right now, but his move away has been more than vindicated, as if that was ever in doubt.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,955
    Forum Member
    I hope we negotiated an add on for a CL win :)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We're better off without Suarez"

Joe Allen
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Suarez is the one that plays in the middle of that front three says it all. Luis is a phenomenal player and even though it still hurts that he is not a Liverpool player any more, what a privilege it is to say that he played for us at one point!

Barcelona is the benchmark, All done with mostly homegrown talent too, world class players all over the pitch and they play football which is great to watch too!
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how Evra feels;-)

Content with the CL winners medal he's already got, no doubt.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Wonder how Evra feels;-)

We still on that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Good for him.He probably doesn't want to face Barcelona in another final though.

I hoped the wink emoticon would've made it clear my post was tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now that's a good link, the one I had hoped for so here's hoping there's something in it
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't. Rather see people involved who have a passion for the club not an ex Man Utd number 2 who had a brief but poor managerial spell with Fulham.

Totally agree Lone.

Those saying they would have no problem with an ex MUFC employee becoming our assistant manager are to me showing no grasp of the history of our club or the way our fan base thinks. It would go down like a lead balloon and such a person would be on a hiding to nothing from day 1. I think there are enough good coaches around for us to be able to find one without MUFC links for sure - and I would like them to have past links to our club if possible. Pako is a good shout - as would Sami be - and others too.

I think whoever we get needs to start with the crowd on their side or if not actively on their side at least not against them - if we got someone with MUFC links I can say with absolute certainty that they would start off with many people against them from the word go. Maybe that's wrong but that's the way it is and we have to take decisions accordingly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    We still on that?

Oh yes!!
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how Evra feels;-)
    Oh yes!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how Evra feels;-)

After chomping on that fake arm after they won the prem, it was wonderful to see Suarez pip Evra to the loose ball and win the CL for Barca. Suarez is a genius and it's pleasing to see him winning major trophies. As much as I would have loved him to stay here, we're not good enough for him, he deserves to be playing with Messi and co.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree Lone.

Those saying they would have no problem with an ex MUFC employee becoming our assistant manager are to me showing no grasp of the history of our club or the way our fan base thinks. It would go down like a lead balloon and such a person would be on a hiding to nothing from day 1. I think there are enough good coaches around for us to be able to find one without MUFC links for sure - and I would like them to have past links to our club if possible. Pako is a good shout - as would Sami be - and others too.

I think whoever we get needs to start with the crowd on their side or if not actively on their side at least not against them - if we got someone with MUFC links I can say with absolute certainty that they would start off with many people against them from the word go. Maybe that's wrong but that's the way it is and we have to take decisions accordingly

So you think former Man Utd backroom staff would be hounded and the appointment would go down like a lead balloon but you then create a thread to say how you think the two clubs should look at doing transfers with each other?

Make your mind up.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    4 of the front 6 starting for England are Liverpool players (including Milner). I don't know if that's good news for Liverpool or bad news for England.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I just want what's best for the club. And if Rene Meulensteen coming in improves the side, then I'm all for it. I couldn't care less how well it was received, and I couldn't care less if he's a former United coach. So long as he improves the club, that's the most important thing. Dismissing someone because of a previous club affiliation seems petty.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    4 of the front 6 starting for England are Liverpool players (including Milner). I don't know if that's good news for Liverpool or bad news for England.

Bad news for Liverpool if there are big injuries to any of our lot. :blush:
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Honestly, I just want what's best for the club. And if Rene Meulensteen coming in improves the side, then I'm all for it. I couldn't care less how well it was received, and I couldn't care less if he's a former United coach. So long as he improves the club, that's the most important thing. Dismissing someone because of a previous club affiliation seems petty.

Agree - hell, they may even have a point to prove. We've signed ex-United players but it's seemingly fine as long as we've not had the opportunity to hate them. I thought the United cast-off Peter Beardsley did OK for us... I get the idea we shouldn't strengthen each others' teams directly but otherwise it's what's best for the club - forget the petty posturing.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I can just imagine the fume if we signed someone like Tevez. I'd be absolutely distraught with him being an ex United player! ;-)
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best 75 million quid Barsa ever spent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

He created a record last night actually - the first player to play in losing CL finals for 3 different teams.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    promo-only wrote: »
    So you think former Man Utd backroom staff would be hounded and the appointment would go down like a lead balloon but you then create a thread to say how you think the two clubs should look at doing transfers with each other?

Make your mind up.

I do not see any issue - I stated that if RM joins LFC it would go down like a lead balloon amongst the fans - that is true imo. Do you disagree?

Personally I think it not be a good appointment - mainly cos of that as any new coach would find it hard enough without having to overcome fans suspicions too. I also happen to think he is not the best coach available.

I think it would be easier for a player than a member of management to go between the 2 clubs or work for both and as I implied on the other thread I would like to see such a player move fairly soon if possible.

Re replacing Marsh and Pascoe I think it would be better and easier for us to find someone with a LFC link (ex player, coach, mate with LFC legend, born in the city, life long fan ...etc) or with no baggage that will make the job harder (like BR coming from Swansea) - that way the bond between fans and management would be stronger from the outset which has to be desirable. There must be many suitable options out there - altho I am not going to state one right now - I am not doing the choosing, that is FSGs job - hopefully they will be listening to the input of many before they make their choice.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If LFC are basing recruitment decisions or staffing decisions based on fans they may as well give up! Quite frankly half the fans haven't a clue what they are talking about. For instance I remember when They were saying Suarez wasn't a natural finisher!

I'm quite happy to admit I have opinions on football but if I really knew what I was talking about id be earning a few thousand a week actually doing it.
This discussion has been closed.