MASS EFFECT Of the Daleks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
Forum Member
Watching the recent trailer for Asylum of the Daleks, I thought something seemed familiar. I watched it a bunch more times, and then it finally dawned on me: the music in the background is a remake of the ending music from Mass Effect 2 :)

I'm wondering if this is a deliberate clue: could the internet-exploding secret actually be something like Commander Shepard turning up? Maybe the Asylum Daleks have been indoctrinated by the Reapers? That would be absolutely MIND BLOWING, and I would pay a hundred times over to see that happen in the cinema!

I know this sounds ridiculous, but compare the two pieces of music and you'll see how obvious it is.

In the Mass Effect 2 clip, skip ahead to around 0:45 to see the part which I'm referring to. Imagine that sped up a very small amount, and then watch the Doctor Who trailer. Spooky is not the word for it :eek:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression the music was just a remix of a part of the song "I am the Doctor", as it's been used before in Series 5 and 6...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression the music was just a remix of a part of the song "I am the Doctor", as it's been used before in Series 5 and 6...

I posted my idea over on Gallifrey Base. Apparently, the track is called "The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)", a remix of sorts based on "I Am The Doctor", but it's so far gone in the mixing process that it's hard to recognise in it's new form.

As soon as I realised though, it seems rather silly :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I posted my idea over on Gallifrey Base. Apparently, the track is called "The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)", a remix of sorts based on "I Am The Doctor", but it's so far gone in the mixing process that it's hard to recognise in it's new form.

As soon as I realised though, it seems rather silly :o

Ah yes, that's the song I was thinking of! You never know though, Mass Effect 2 was released in Jan 2010, Doctor Who series 5 didn't start til april 2010, and that particular Doctor Who song was for Series 6, so Murray might've gotten his inspiration from the Mass Effect song :D
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The soundtrack is a piece of music called "The Majestic Tale (Of a Madman in a Box" and is quite possibly one of the best pieces of music ever written! :D

Why isn't stuff like this on the charts instead of complete and utter rubbish like dubstep, rap, or songs which repeat the same inane words over and over?

Edit: Bloody Hell, that game's music does sound like "I am the Doctor"! :eek: