Call The Midwife Series 2 Discussion- Sundays on BBC One

Comments

• seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Have to get the TV Times tomorrow to see this Patrick Turner And Sheila very interesting.;)

My aunt who used to be a nun is called Sheila :D
  • modernistimodernisti Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    A comment from Laura Main interview from PBS website, commenting on the chemistry:

"What are your favorite scenes to film?
    I got to do my first birth scene in this series, which I found really helpful because that is ultimately what they are all about. It felt important for me to get to experience what Sister Bernadette has tons of experience in. Especially as we know she was an extremely good midwife. I do enjoy when we have a full complement in a scene! We all enjoy each other’s company so much and so it’s great to be all together. There is lots of gossiping and laughter on days like that and I feel very lucky to be a part of such a great gang. And I have to say, I have loved working with Stephen McGann. When you throw two characters together, there is not necessarily going to be any chemistry between the actors, but we had a wonderful working relationship and hopefully that will translate on screen."
  • Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    i have seen a trailer of sister bernadette in plain clothes carrying a suitcase and the doctor and his son driving after her with the son shouting out of the car window
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have seen a trailer of sister bernadette in plain clothes carrying a suitcase and the doctor and his son driving after her with the son shouting out of the car window

Source?
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where was it between programmes? Would love to see it am dying for sunday.;)
  • modernistimodernisti Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    a clip by BBC. Funny. No Sister B nor Dr Turner.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015z8j0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has just tweeted about a new trailer with sister bernadette. Sounding very excited. I assume it must have been on tv
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the BBC trailer should have a spoiler warning before they show it :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gee-em wrote: »
    I think the BBC trailer should have a spoiler warning before they show it :mad:

What happened?! I'm dying to know!
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Radio Times it's says for this Sundays episode 'there is a sense of new beginnings particularly for Chummy and nice Sister Bernadette' . So it gives the impression (maybe false ) that Chummy and Sister Bernadette will be OK.;)
    Chummy features heavily in Call The Midwife's Comic Relief Special so if anything drastic happened to her it would be an odd choice for Comic Relief!
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum said she saw the clip of Sister Bernadette (walking down the road, wearing ordinary clothes) and Dr Turner going past in the car. Sounds good stuff!

I doubt Chummy will die. I don't think they'd kill Jenny Lee off either (it'd be a bit abrubt with the real Jennifer Worth living decades longer and only recently dying). I reckon it's either Sister Monica Joan or Sister Bernadette (if any).
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
  • DunnroaminDunnroamin Posts: 2,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=ruby-tuesday;64588588]thank you for your interesting post, I've never been to Poplar but I'd now like to visit this area after reading your comments

Save yourself the bus fare friend, Poplar is not even a shadow of what it once was, poverty stricken or not, the planners and politicians saw to that. Now, it's not even a blot on the landscape.

sorry to crop your post a bit jerseyporter but I completely agree with your comments here, I've been involved with several people who've had dementia and this proves what an excellent actress Sister Monica Joan is, to portray a dementia sufferer so well and what a lovely thing for Sister Julienne to say

my favourite too, I wish they'd repeat the whole series

well, I've now watched the Christmas edition and some of those scenes stayed in my mind for a long time, once again a combination of very moving scenes with a touch of humour, I particularly liked Chummy's comment when she was weighing a baby "he's 18 lb, the same size as a turkey".[/QUOTE]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    modernisti wrote: »
    a clip by BBC. Funny. No Sister B nor Dr Turner.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015z8j0
    dome wrote: »

Nope can't look at it disadvantage being in the Irish Republic have to be patient and wait till 8pm on Sunday.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum said she saw the clip of Sister Bernadette (walking down the road, wearing ordinary clothes) and Dr Turner going past in the car. Sounds good stuff!

I doubt Chummy will die. I don't think they'd kill Jenny Lee off either (it'd be a bit abrubt with the real Jennifer Worth living decades longer and only recently dying). I reckon it's either Sister Monica Joan or Sister Bernadette (if any).

It better not be Sister Bernadette although it sounds interesting would love to able to see the trailer.:(:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It better not be Sister Bernadette although it sounds interesting would love to able to see the trailer.:(:)

The trailer posted on here doesn't have Sister Bernadette in. That trailer is one that's apparently been on tv today, but I haven't seen it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xAbiVx wrote: »
    The trailer posted on here doesn't have Sister Bernadette in. That trailer is one that's apparently been on tv today, but I haven't seen it :(

Thanks i'll just have to look out for it.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-06/call-the-midwife-series-two-episode-eight---preview-pictures-and-predictions

I found this
    It does'nt look good for Sister Bernadette regarding her health.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    My aunt who used to be a nun is called Sheila :D

Does she know a Dr.Turner.;)
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Does she know a Dr.Turner.;)

Sadly no :D

She stuck it out in the convent for over 10 years, which surprises me. She's not the sort of person who likes to take orders - she always has to be in charge. It must have been a living hell for her :D
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is marginally better than Mavis :D

It would be really strange for the characters to have to start calling her Sheila. And if she does stay on the show and isn't a nun anymore then her dynamic with Jenny, Chummy, Trixie and Cynthia will completely change. They've always been a bit distanced from her because she was a nun, but now she's not much different to them.

It's nice that Sister Bernadette has found someone special with Doctor Turner, but the scene involving her that's always stuck in my head the most happened long before there was any suggestion of a romance for her, and involved her listening outside the midwives' door with a longing look on her face as they all got ready for a night out. It would be good to see her settle down with her doctor, but I hope she gets the chance to do at least a little living first as she's missed out on a lot of the things that single girls her age do.

Perhaps that will be the next source of conflict for the character.

Hmmm... Endless samey girlie nights out, watching Trixie pull and waiting for the next random expected-but-unexpected appearance of Boomerang Jimmy in the vicinity, or a lifetime of bliss in the arms of tall, dark, handsome, caring and educated Doctor Turner. I can't see her being conflicted for very long :)
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    xAbiVx wrote: »

I've seen it, they showed it tonight.

You see her walking along the road with two suitcases and hear the son calling her to stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice that Sister Bernadette has found someone special with Doctor Turner, but the scene involving her that's always stuck in my head the most happened long before there was any suggestion of a romance for her, and involved her listening outside the midwives' door with a longing look on her face as they all got ready for a night out. It would be good to see her settle down with her doctor, but I hope she gets the chance to do at least a little living first as she's missed out on a lot of the things that single girls her age do.

Perhaps that will be the next source of conflict for the character.

Hmmm... Endless samey girlie nights out, watching Trixie pull and waiting for the next random expected-but-unexpected appearance of Boomerang Jimmy in the vicinity, or a lifetime of bliss in the arms of tall, dark, handsome, caring and educated Doctor Turner. I can't see her being conflicted for very long :)

The life with the handsome caring doctor please.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You see her walking along the road with two suitcases and hear the son calling her to stop.

Damn what time was it shown I'll try and look out for it tonight.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw it too in the end, finally!