Call The Midwife Series 2 Discussion- Sundays on BBC One

CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Didn't see a proper thread for this, so thought I'd start one. There was a thread saying "Is anyone looking forward to Call the Midwife" but that doesn't seem appropriate anymore!!

Anyways, the second series starts on 20th January! I hope Chummy remains a brilliant character, hopefully marriage won't ruin her. :)

Comments

• PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1615144

There is long running thread going since it started and right up to the Christmas special .
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking maybe this thread would be better as some seem to bypass the long title of the other thread?

Anyway,

I got the Christmas special on DVD today and watched it. It was brilliant. The scene where Jenny takes Ms Jenkins to the public grave of her children is utterly heartbreaking but beautiful at the same time. I will remember that scene forever. There's something quite realistic about 'CTM' which I don't always feel from other period dramas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Radio Times will be a Call The Midwife themed cover! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on on Sunday :D

My mum's friend from work's baby was used in a birth scene in the Christmas special (stay with me) AND will be the same baby who is given birth on Sunday's episode (a ship scene!) :p
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought this would be my thing...but it is! Cant wait till Sunday!

CTM then Ripper Street! Excellent! Blood and gore followed by more blood and gore! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back tonight!! So excited!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one? :confused:

I'm thinking it will get big ratings what with the weather being freezing and snow everywhere. Perfect combo! :)
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see a proper thread for this, so thought I'd start one. There was a thread saying "Is anyone looking forward to Call the Midwife" but that doesn't seem appropriate anymore!!

Anyways, the second series starts on 20th January! I hope Chummy remains a brilliant character, hopefully marriage won't ruin her. :)

I did start one yesterday.http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1786839. But it go lost within the forum. I was saying in it how i wonder will they develop more on the storyline of Sister Bernadette and Dr Turner a hint of a romance was given in the christmas special and also how they were going to do the ships woman story tonight as it was quite shocking in the book. And looking forward to Chummy.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for more Chummy :D

I also love Trixie (Helen George) too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dawn Sun wrote: »

CTM then Ripper Street! Excellent! Blood and gore followed by more blood and gore! :D:D

What a contrast :D
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dawn Sun wrote: »

BIB. Nor did I.....

Great that CtM is back after a fantastic Xmas special, and paired with Ripper Street, what could be better?...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was totally surprised by it too. I thought I wouldn't like it, managed to see half of episode one (from series 1, last year)..was hooked from then onwards :D
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woop woop tonight's the night! 3 mins left! :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know the actress who is playing Molly Brignalls( I think) mother? I remember her from a show back in the 80s I think but cant remember her name.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tilly Vosburgh
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    fleet wrote: »
    Tilly Vosburgh

Brilliant, thankyou :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show so much!! perfect opening episode.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Excellent episode, I'm so glad there aren't any signs of a second series slump like we got with Downton. Although I shouldn't be surprised, Heidi Thomas' Upstairs Downstairs got even better in the second series as well.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show so much!! perfect opening episode.

Got to admit this was the first time I've seen CTM and I got 2 say I really enjoyed that episode looking forward to the rest. Right now it's time for ripper street :)
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was excellent, really enjoyed that.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed that, no dip in quality - and now Ripper Street :D
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Loved it - quality tv and now Mr Selfridge - a good Sunday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw that was so good, I love Call The Midwife. They tell the stories in such a caring way.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Go Trixie !! Loved her tonight .
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    OMG just spotted that I missed this...turned on to watch Mr Selfridge and flicked around and saw it had just been on..does anyone know if this is repeated..watched the whole last series..seen the ads saying its coming back but missed WHEN it was back...bah!!!!!!

Repeated????