Options

Week 3 (Movie Night) Dances

Comments

• Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline and Pasha better be good they are dancing to one of my favourite songs ever
  • Options
    mushypeasmushypeas Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    So, not so much movie week as musicals week???
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mushypeas wrote: »
    So, not so much movie week as musicals week???

I don't care! Couple of my all time favourites in there,looking forward to the show now:):)
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I'm in the minority as I can't stand 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' - overplayed, sappy nonsense :p

Been waiting for a Paso Doble to ‘America’ from ‘West Side Story’ so very much looking forward to seeing what Frankie and Kevin have done with it.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some have really approriate music AGAIN ie pixie and Jake

and some have music with wrong rythm ie Frankie
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Caroline and Pasha better be good they are dancing to one of my favourite songs ever

Ditto.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Dear...TEAM ALLI with the Jive :(.........
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    Official list with songs and dances:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Week-Three-Music-and-performances-revealed

Alison and Aljaz will be Jiving back to the 80s as they rock out to Kenny Loggin’s ‘Footloose’ from the film of the same name.

Caroline and Pasha will perform the Rumba to Aerosmith’s ‘I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing’ from 1998’s ‘Armageddon’.

Frankie and Kevin will dance the Paso Doble to ‘America’ from the brilliant Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim musical ‘West Side Story’.

Jake and Janette are Waltzing to the ‘Godfather Waltz’ by Nina Rota from the unforgettable mobster flick ‘The Godfather’.

Jennifer and Tristan will perform the Foxtrot to Abba’s ‘Mamma Mia’ from the film of the same name.

Judy and Anton will be Quickstepping to ‘Don’t Rain on My Parade’ originally sung by Barbra Streisand in the film ‘Funny Girl’.

Mark and Karen are performing the Paso Doble to the John Williams penned theme from ‘Superman’.

Pixie and Trent will Quickstep to ‘Be Our Guest’ from Disney’s enchanting ‘Beauty and the Beast’.

Scott and Joanne will dance the Samba to ‘Under the Sea’ from another Disney classic ‘The Little Mermaid’.

Simon and Kristina perform the Rumba to Berlin’s ‘Take My Breath Away’ from the film ‘Top Gun’.

Steve and Ola will be Quickstepping to the joyous ‘I Wanna Be Like You’ from Disney’s ‘Jungle Book’.

Sunetra and Brendan are performing the American Smooth to ‘The Way You Look Tonight’ originally sung by Fred Astaire in ‘Swing Time’.

Tim and Natalie will be dancing the Charleston to ‘Money, Money’ from the Bob Fosse musical ‘Cabaret’.

Thom and Iveta will also perform the Charleston to ‘New York, New York’ from the soundtrack of the Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra musical ‘On The Town’
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    some have really approriate music AGAIN ie pixie and Jake

and some have music with wrong rythm ie Frankie

yeah, I'm mega confused. How can you dance a Paso to that. :confused::confused::confused:

The traditional choices are ok, if unadventurous (Judy, Sunetra, Steve) but some of the other choices are completely off the wall!
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    They really want Jenifer out, don't they? A foxtrot to Mamma Mia? Jesus wept.
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wahey I called Pixie's song. :p xD
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    They really want Jenifer out, don't they? A foxtrot to Mamma Mia? Jesus wept.

Scott will have a pathetic half assed Samba and will be bottom of the score charts along with Judy Murray. However, some voters will put him through and Tim Vs Jennifer Dance off. Its so obvious that is whats going to happen this week. >:(>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Do not like them reusing Natalie and Scott's song for Steve and Ola and think the wildlife theme is too obvious. Jennifer's song should be fun but is also a bit obvious (I guess we should be glad Judy isn't dancing to it with Anton dressed as an obstetrician).

The Superman theme is great film music but not anything anyone should ever dance to unless they are a five year old running around the living room pretending to be Superman.

Do they hate Scott or something?

Pixie's song is a bit drippy and twee.

Simon and Caroline - meh!

I love Frankie's song but think Kevin will do another cheesy Benidorm of a Paso to it.

Love the choices for Alison, Judy, Jake, Sunetra, Tim and Thom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cannot see how in any way Mamma mia will work as a foxtrot have only ever heard it remixed as a cha or tango totally beyond me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not like them reusing Natalie and Scott's song for Steve and Ola and think the wildlife theme is too obvious. Jennifer's song should be fun but is also a bit obvious (I guess we should be glad Judy isn't dancing to it with Anton dressed as an obstetrician).

The Superman theme is great film music but not anything anyone should ever dance to unless they are a five year old running around the living room pretending to be Superman.

I love Frankie's song but think Kevin will do another cheesy Benidorm of a Paso to it.

My conspiracy theory is that BBC paid him one of the top salaries to do the show. Now they know he is rubbish they're desperate to make him this years Dave Myers / Widdecombe. You can tell with the cheesy VT's and he always gets the comedy edit. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cannot see how in any way Mamma mia will work as a foxtrot have only ever heard it remixed as a cha or tango totally beyond me

They need to "Jazz" the show up for Donny Osmond obviously....

*sigh*

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »

This has potential to be one of Caroline's stand out performances. Lets hope Pasha does a good job and no props galore of space ships or floating Comets etc. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes America is a great track but just not suitable for a paso - frankly if Kev can produce even a cheesey paso he will be lucky
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    A Charleston to 'New York, New York'??? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cannot believe they are using Don't Want to Miss A Thing again so soon Karen and Nick used it 2012 (and struggled with the lack of rumba beat in it ) what are the producers thinking of?? have they no imagination??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cannot believe they are using Don't Want to Miss A Thing again so soon Karen and Nick used it 2012 (and struggled with the lack of rumba beat in it ) what are the producers thinking of?? have they no imagination??

Agree, they could have used a James Bond Theme. That would count as a Movie.

Like Nobody Does it Better / For Your Eye's Only etc. Would be easy to do a Rumba too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Charleston to 'New York, New York'??? :confused:

Even The On The Town one which they are using though faster is still all wrong they just wanted Thom in salior suit
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I feel like TPTB are deliberately setting up some of these couples for failure with some of these songs choice...........

Like someone else said how could you dance a foxtrot to Mama Mia :confused: ....sure you can try to slow the tempo but STILL :confused: ; Dance a Tango to Spice Girls " STOP " :confused:
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they hate Scott or something?.

At least it is a samba rhythm although not a particularly easy one; a bit busy.

A smoother elevator version of Mama Mia might be only just about useable as a foxtrot although it has absolutely no swing to it. And as Bendy says, America is the wrong rhythm unless there is an reworked version of it somewhere.

I've no problem with the reuse of music for Steve and Ola although it would be nice to have some dances that get away from the jungle theme. Are we going to have a jungle american smooth and charleston too?

Edit: just checked and can only find Mama Mia cha chas.
  • Options
    Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Guess I'm in the minority as I can't stand 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' - overplayed, sappy nonsense :p

Been waiting for a Paso Doble to ‘America’ from ‘West Side Story’ so very much looking forward to seeing what Frankie and Kevin have done with it.

That should be fab. I liked the drama created last year with Kevin and Susanna's Paso. Do like a traditional Paso