Stephanie was no worse than Melanie!

Dave_Morris1Dave_Morris1 Posts: 693
Forum Member
✭✭
Yet she gets kicked out ffs! :mad:

Melanie was totally unsuited to the song and looked uncomfortable yet sails through :confused:

Little Irish girl is the chosen one though :rolleyes:

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually better i thought.
  • cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was far better than Melanie. I'm so sick of this Melanie favouritism.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cctps wrote: »

Careful now, you will upset a lot on here saying that.
  • HartoHarto Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Melanie is one of my favorites, and I've never really been Stephanie's biggest fan, but I have to agree.
    I actually think Stephanie sang the best of the three then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    This is why if Melanie ever ventures onto DS... she can take peoples comments with a pinch of salt.. if you actually think she was equal or better to Melanie.. she even admitted she messed up, Sharon who loves her, was pleading for another chance as she knows she messed up... and i actually was rooting for her....as i like Stephanie ....
  • Dave_Morris1Dave_Morris1 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's got a nice voice and can certainly sing but she is so one dimensional!
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be fair we didn't get to see the whole performance so Steph could've been off-key in a few more parts not shown. I still cannot believe how quickly they raced through that first segment, almost no point in even showing it!!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Melanie was given the toughest part of the song to sing
  • hrh7hrh7 Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Yet she gets kicked out ffs! :mad:

Melanie was totally unsuited to the song and looked uncomfortable yet sails through :confused:

Little Irish girl is the chosen one though :rolleyes:

Looks like it's cheered you up a bit to post tho Dave. Hope you are feeling a bit better :)

They do make some odd decisions don't they? And Nicole seems to be picking all the same sounding girls, very dull.
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But 'magical' Melanie McCabe sounded like a strangled cat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Cosya wrote: »
    But 'magical' Melanie McCabe sounded like a strangled cat

:D

will they bring Steph back , as the wild card

i think it was fixed, all tears and fake, then she will be back :D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked at the outcome of that audition, personally I thought the other two were week and the girl who left was the strongest out of them all.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I found Melanie very generic. Don't know how she got picked over girls with interesting voices and images who potentially could have an artistic career.

I can already hear Melanie being pitchy and bland in the live shows (if picked). She has no chance of a successful solo career in a saturated female market.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both were awful.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephanie sang much better than Amy, who got every word wrong, and out of tune Melanie.
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually liked Melanie's other performances, Diamonds and Titanium. Nothing magnificent but with an in tune, clear and pleasantly listenable voice. But this one? Wrong song, uncomfortable and I cannot believe they chucked someone off of their chair for her! And she's one of the favourites to win?

Really?
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I preferred Stephanie to the other two girls, was disappointed to see her go out from what we heard I thought she sang the best. They were never going to kick Melanie out though it seemed obvious from the build up at the auditions that she wasnt going to be rejected again.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Melanie is on her 4th attempt and Stephanie her 2nd. Much as I like Melanie, this makes it look as though it is early days yet for Steph!
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually better i thought.
    cctps wrote: »
    I was shocked at the outcome of that audition, personally I thought the other two were week and the girl who left was the strongest out of them all.
    Satanel wrote: »
    Stephanie sang much better than Amy, who got every word wrong, and out of tune Melanie.

I agree with all of the above. The choices made were :confused:: to say the least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't anything special but nor is Melanie. Melanie has a lovely voice, she can really sing and there's no doubt about it. But she does NOT have 'it'. There's a reason she's failed 3 times before, I really cannot see how suddenly she's a magical favourite who is supposed to be sailing through and challenging for the win...

She might be being set up for a Gamu style controversy though. Her and Tamera :(
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't anything special but nor is Melanie. Melanie has a lovely voice, she can really sing and there's no doubt about it. But she does NOT have 'it'. There's a reason she's failed 3 times before, I really cannot see how suddenly she's a magical favourite who is supposed to be sailing through and challenging for the win...

She might be being set up for a Gamu style controversy though. Her and Tamera :(

I really liked Melanie's auditions but last night kind of confirmed this and what everyones been saying about, she just does not stand out, she's just lost around the stronger females. Stephanie and Melanie are very similar actually I think. I still think Melanie has a lovely pure tone but if she were to go further I can just see her getting lost
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    How naive many of you are.

Do you think they chose the songs they sang? Not they did not.

Had the song choices been different, so would all of your perceptions. Last week Hannah was bland and now she's world class, because of one song!

Give Melanie the right song and she'd shine.

As for Stephanie, I loved her, always have. It's not her 2nd try, she's been back about 5 times but this is the first time since 2007 that she's received air time.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say she was better than Melanie, but she was leagues ahead of Amy I think. Should've gotten through.
  • carlyxxxcarlyxxx Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Ill be honest stephanie should have got through back in 2007 she was the only good girl back then. I'd rather she made the live shows this year rather than melanie or if she got put in a group like liam payne did. To be fair I wish gary got the girls and nicole the groups.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Steph best chance of making the lives were if Sharon had the girls or the groups...
    i liked Steph she is passionate young woman.. and you could tell how much it meant to her.. but i think we probably never saw the best of her because she was too emotional, also they went at her from day 1, about her song choices... why they go on about song choices drives me nuts.. cos they should be looking for the talent.. cos come the lives they pick the songs for them anyway that is the easy bit to fix.. and even then every week the so called experts are slaughtered by their colleges for picking the wrong song choice for their acts.. so how are the contestants expected to pick right if they cannot do it themselves?

That rant said... She was not better than ?Melanie