This commerative Sun to every household

Comments

• PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems a peculiar day to do it, given the Sun's less than consistently enviable record of reporting on football-related issues.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    It's already been recycled without being read.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping it's been delivered to my house. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Page Three lovely has to say about things.:)
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping it's been delivered to my house. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Page Three lovely has to say about things.:)
    This is unsurprising with your username.

I still remember when they sent a few of them over to fight the Falklands war in the early eighties under the headline "GO GET 'EM GIRLS".
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it includes columns from Jeremy Clarkson, Katie Hopkins and Rod Liddle talking about how they're 'proud to be English.' Enough to make one consider emigrating surely.
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I enjoyed looking through it and reading about what we had given to the world.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    WTF I don't want their shit through my letterbox they can **** off!
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want it, just recycle it. At least that way you are doing something good.

Save the rage for things that are really important.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    luba wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed looking through it and reading about what we had given to the world.

Any paper that prints these filthy lies should be closed down >:(>:(>:(

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/media.shtm
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There isn't a "Page Three lovely" as such, though Kelly Brook is featured on page three as the "number one English Rose."

I found nothing worth reading in it, other than the free bottle of coke offer.
  • collitcollit Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's only one thing this rag is good for, but I prefer a softer toilet tissue myself.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Do people of Liverpool also boycott Sky Sports?
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I won't be receiving it here in Liverpool.

Surely that's like blaming the current generation of Germans for what Hitler did.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking through it now :D

no page 3 tits though :(
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Surely that's like blaming the current generation of Germans for what Hitler did.

Way ta Godwin the thread!

But. No, it isn't.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    >:( I already get a ridiculous amount of free papers a week that go straight in the recycling, I don't need any more.
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Way ta Godwin the thread!

But. No, it isn't.
    Do you have Sky?
  • Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moodles wrote: »
    It went straight into the recycling bin.

Why there is a coupon for a 1.25L bottle of coke, diet or coke zero lol take it to most super markets it says!
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    Do you have Sky?

Nope.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people of Liverpool also boycott Sky Sports?

Why would they? It's the Sun they hate with a passion not Murdoch (although he's no angel).
    Forum Member
    Why would they? It's the Sun they hate with a passion not Murdoch (although he's no angel).

I will not have anything to do with the Murdoch empire.

It strikes as double standards to me to boycott the Sun but continue to have Sky TV.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    luba wrote: »

Yes, but it was all the usual rabble-rousing jingoistic shit. Where were our artistic or literary triumphs, or our scientific high points? (Probably all way over the head of the average football fan, that's why!)
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on page 11 it says robbie williams is leaving LA for north london

guess he's heard how the beckham kids sound then :p
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not have anything to do with the Murdoch empire.

It strikes as double standards to me to boycott the Sun but continue to have Sky TV.

Personally I agree but didn't Murdoch order McKenzie to apologise and he either didn't or did it so half heartedly it wasn't accepted?
    I can't remember for sure to be honest.
    Forum Member
    Personally I agree but didn't Murdoch order McKenzie to apologise and he either didn't or did it so half heartedly it wasn't accepted?
    I can't remember for sure to be honest.

Mckenzie is not there anymore and they still boycott the Sun, so their boycott is with the organisation.