Options

Face powder to match Number 7 - Cool Ivory foundation?

tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
Forum Member
✭✭✭
About a year ago, I had one of those colour match things done at Boots. They matched me with Cool Ivory which is a very good match.

I bought some pressed foundation (not sure what the actual name is) and some concealer. I dont wear make up a huge amount I just have particular parts of my face that need a bit of concealer and then powder over the top of the rest of my face. I still have all the foundation and concealer left really, I just need a bit under my chin some days.

But, I noticed that boots dont do a colour match powder. I think at the time she suggested translucent but I want something with a bit more colour.

Is anyone else a Cool Ivory and if so what powder do you use over the top (even if its not a Boots one)

Comments

• Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this. I am very pale and the only face powder I use is Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in tansparent. It matched every foundation I've tried, doesn't look coloured on the face and keeps my oil at bay for a decent amount of time. It doesn't come with a pad to apply it though so I just buy the facepowder pads in a pack from Boots or Superdrug and one fits inside nicely so you can leave it in there and pop the lid back on.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Even if they don't have a specific matching service for powder I'm sure they'd help you out if you went and asked them (if No7 do powder that is). Alternatively if you go to another make up counter with your foundation on and ask for help with a matching powder I'm sure they'll help you out.

Like marieuk said Rimmel Stay Matte is a really good powder, I have used it in a couple of shades and TBH I can't really tell the difference. I have used from probably 01 to 04 at a guess? I would just go into a drug store and have a play around to see what you think you'll like and what is going to match your foundation.

I currently use the B. finishing powder which I really like and would recommend, I just bought the lightest shade and have had no issues. But as I said I really think you are best off going into the store and trying some for yourself.