HTC Desire 510 is it due to get Kitkat?

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a HTC Desire and see its on Jellybean 4.3 and have done a update check to see if Kitkat 4.4 would update but it did not.

So is this phone ever going to get Kitkat now that Lollipop has come out?

Comments

• RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I doubt it will be updated, I have the HTC Desire 500 and it was promised 4.2 Jellybean, that never happened and it has remained on 4.1.2.

It's rare the "Desire" phones get updates, they only seem to bother with the "One" range.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just today got a HTC Desire 510 and its got android 4.4.3 on it.

Im not sure if it came with it because I traded my s4 mini for it.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    I've just today got a HTC Desire 510 and its got android 4.4.3 on it.

Im not sure if it came with it because I traded my s4 mini for it.

Thats whats on mine.

overall what do you think of the phone?
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    i love sky wrote: »
    Thats whats on mine.

If you've got 4.4.3 then you've already got Kitkat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love sky wrote: »
    Thats whats on mine.

Overall I like it, the only thing im not keen on is that the widgets are more difficult to access than they were on my samsung and the menu scrolls up and down, which is taking some getting used to.

The swipe keyboard is better than the one on my s4 mini was.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I am not having a go, rather I find it interesting listening (or in this case reading) to normal users discussing mobile phones.

Things such as not knowing that 4.4.3 is Kit Kat not Jellybean. Or actually using the stock launcher and keyboard, something I have never done on any device. It is amazing that number of users who not only don’t know what version of Android there phone is on, they don’t know how to find out and don’t even care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But whats wrong with using the stock launcher and keyboard? I knew what version andriod I had because I specifically wanted Kitkat and not Jellybean, my tab had jeĺlybean then updated to kitkat and it stopped it getting hot.

Surely the whole point of being able to customise a device is that it suits the users needs.

I find it interesting that some people feel the need to fiddle with phones and tablets, installing all sorts of stuff but each to their own I guess.