PS Plus

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We get ours the day after the U.S. who get theirs on the first Tuesday of the month, which just happens to 7th October.

I reckon that's why we're getting it on the 8th, probably nothing to do with DriveClub.

On the subject of Driveclub, I'm not even sure we'll get the PS+ version on the 8th, they might make us wait until the 10th when the full version hits. Hopefully not.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Fastest Finger has it.

It's more of a case of Driveclub been released on the 8th to coincide with the ps+ offering.

The U.S. Gets their ps+ batch on the first Tuesday of the month which is the 7th. So there's no way in hell Europe would get theirs on the 1st and the U.S. Have to wait 6 days. Couldn't do that to the high and mighty US of A.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody Americans :D
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also means another week to find out what other games we're getting, I can't see them announcing anything soon
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Also means another week to find out what other games we're getting, I can't see them announcing anything soon

Likely the very end of the month or beginning of next.

So next week then.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit off topic, but on the topic of Driveclub, I pre-ordered early with Amazon as I had read (early in 2014 if memory serves) that the full retail version would come with a 6 month PS+ voucher (worth around £20) making the game seem great value. However, all has gone quiet on that front now and no retailer seems to mention if it is included or not.

Has there been any official word on this?

Would it be safe to assume they have quietly (or sneakily) removed this bonus? If so I am definitely going to cancel the pre-order with Amazon as I'm going to be getting part of the game with Plus anyway and the upgrade price (if I enjoy sufficiently) will surely be less than buying the whole game outright............
    Forum Member
    I can't say for sure but I think they might have removed it. I just haven't seen ANYTHING about that and I've read a lot of articles, and stuff about it recently. And I'd say that they would push that as an incentive to buy.

But I'm not 100%
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »

News on next months content arrives October 1 according to a post on the PS Blog.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    News on next months content arrives October 1 according to a post on the PS Blog.

Ahh ok that's a week today isn't it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Entering PS Plus:
    8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
    8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
    8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)
    8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
    8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
    8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
    8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)

Leaving PS Plus:
    8th October: Velocity 2X
    8th October: Sportsfriends
    8th October: PlayStation Battle Royale
    8th October: Hoard
    8th October: TxK
    8th October: Joe Danger VITA
    Forum Member
    Good offering this month. A lot of cross buys
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So.... Does that mean Driveclub on 8th if you've pre-ordered, on the 10th if you haven't?

It would explain why there's 2 different timers showing on the dashboard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So.... Driveclub on 8th if you've pre-ordered, on the 10th if you haven't?

I think it's 8th for the PS Plus version, 10th for the full version (if you pay for it).
    Forum Member
    But it says the plus edition is out the 8th / 10th.

It's like they don't know yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a bit of an average month this month as we seeing a decrease in full retail games on the service over what we had in previous years and the game we do get is old, we have already seen its sequel on PS+ :o .

But I did enjoy Arkham Asylum a lot more that Arkham City so I might give that another go.

I also like that we are seeing an increase of cross-buy games.

After the games we got last year on + I was expecting some full retail games on PS+ for PS4 soon but with the way current offerings are going I doubt we will see any for another year.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a PS4/ Vita owner, other than Driveclub, which I knew was coming anyway, nothing really too interesting. I'm sure Dust is a good game and all, but I have seen enough Indie 2D platformers on PS+ to last me a lifetime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how anyone can moan at this month's games.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Other than Driveclub, which buying anyway, nothing of interest this month. Again.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Couple good games for me.

Driveclub, Rainbow moon, Pix the Cat & Dust.

I'd be really excited about Batman Arkham asylum, But i already own it. Great game, Anyone yet to play it really should download it :cool: I preferred asylum to city.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    But it says the plus edition is out the 8th / 10th.

It's like they don't know yet.

In means 8th in Europe, 10th in UK apparently.

Not sure where that leaves Eire? You might get it 2 days before us you lucky bugger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Other than Driveclub, which buying anyway, nothing of interest this month. Again.

Don't you even try the games you aren't "interested in"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent month, best in a while in fact, great range of games on offer

Out of interest the people saying 'another poor month' 'nothing for me' etc what are you realistically expecting from Plus bearing in mind PS Plus had to appeal to as wide a range as possible because Its Sony bread and butter now
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    All about Driveclub really. Already own Arkham Asylum and having looked on youtube, none of the others particularly stick out, except maybe Dust.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PS+ team must get a lot of job satisfaction. I bet they would rather work at the complaints counter in Argos. Less whinging going on there.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to getting my teeth into Dungeons and Dragons as i nearly bought this Sunday.