Options

Trading in Consoles

This is something which you'll be able to help with!

I'm looking at trading in my Playstation 2, how do you go about doing it? Do you just walk in with your console and they take it and give you the cash, or is it more complex? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very complex, you just go into your local Gamestation or whatever, bring along a proof of address (e.g. bill or statement) and you're good to go.

Only thing is, they don't give you a very good deal. Check out Ebay, see what they go for on there and then if you go in, see if it's a price you're willing to accept bearing in mind the Ebay price.
  • Options
    Russ_WWFCRuss_WWFC Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or if there are Cash Converters or the like in your town, try them. In other words, shop around
  • Options
    rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone got 20quid for his ps2 in game, the 1st fat console, 2 pads, mem cards, an a game too, £20, rip off better off selling on ebay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    rufnek2k6 wrote: »
    someone got 20quid for his ps2 in game, the 1st fat console, 2 pads, mem cards, an a game too, £20, rip off better off selling on ebay

Yup.

You won't get much on ebay either mind you but high street stores will give you even less.

Local free ads paper might even be a better option ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from experience, Gamestation, Game and cash converters don't give very good prices when cashing in goods - GS and Game are OK when you are trading for other goods.

The best place I have found, which usually give the best price for cash and trading in is CEX. Depending on which one you have and whether it is boxed, you are looking at getting between £22 and £40 cash and £25 - 60 trade in value (this is just for the console. the other bits are traded in separately)

If you can put a list of the bits you have up on here, I will do you a favour and check out the current prices for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Umm....i've got a PS2 (not slimline), 2 wired controllers, a large number of games, 2 memory cards. Steering Wheel and i've got the box too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your looking at approx £27 for the console and 1 controller, approx £3 for the other controller - probably a couple of quid per game unless they are unusal/rare titles, memory card will get about £2 per card, no price for the steering wheel.

For the bits I can get prices for, your looking at about £34 although this could behigher OR lower depending on condition of the items, and prices can vary between stores as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Thanks bluechang, that helps alot!