A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    It's really lovely but quite expensive. :) I usually only wear it on special occasions. If you're going to try it at a department store make sure you try this one -http://m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=/en/Paco-Rabanne-Black-XS-for-Her-Eau-de-Toilette-30ml_48047/?cm_mmc=pla-_-google-_-PLAs-_-Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Fragrance

and not the other ones. :) I usually wear Britney's perfumes day to day though. I have Fantasy and Midnight fantasy.

I'l check it out just out of curiosity. I might like it, I don't know :p I always wear Britney perfumes for college. Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy are two of my faves, but I also have Circus Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy, the Naughty and Nice Remixes, Island Fantasy and Curious. I'm wearing the Nice Remix today :cool: Circus Fantasy reminds me of my favourite lecturer :p
    Forum Member
    Evening!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,954
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)
    Forum Member
    I was annoyed earlier. Why do the food malls at Bluewater continue to sell meals to people when there is clearly nowhere for them to sit and eat their food? I couldn't believe how many people were standing around with trays unable to eat their lunch. I threw mine away untouched after 20 minutes as it would have been stone cold.

I'm at home now catching up on some TV. We've got Chinese takeaway for dinner :) looking forward to that.

What have you all been doing today?
    Forum Member
    Evening! I'm in a messy situation and I don't know what I'm gonna do. Things are not good at home and my mum has turned rather nasty towards me :cry: She's worried about something and she's taking it out on me and I'm ending up as pig in the middle to my parents' problems. Not only that, she's forcing me to get involved in their problems. I'm trying to concentrate on my Masters and I can't with all this going on and I told mum that but she just called me a selfish brat >:( Why should I be involved in their problems? It's going to affect my performance at college and I really want to do well, but mum doesn't care. I got some more results yesterday which were really good and she wasn't the least bit interested in them. I don't know what to do :cry:

I have Equality Law with my favourite lecturer on Monday but I won't see her til then and I don't know if I can hang in there :cry: I need to talk to her. I don't have her personal 'phone number and I don't know if she looks at her emails over the weekend. What can I do? :cry:
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only pick up Heart Kent. Absolute radio is one of my favourites though because they don't repeat songs. Do Heart Cornwall play the same 12 songs all of the time or is there a little more variety? :)

Thank you for the birthday wishes guys :)

I got a new bottle of Black XS perfume by Paco Robane, tickets to see The Shires next month and some money.

How are you all today?

I don't often listen to Heart FM locally or the Cornwall station really, but the music was faily predictable, even if no song was repeated. I also prefer stations with unpredictable music, such as Radio 2 and Tameside Radio. The nearest I get to a mainly current music station is Imagine FM.
    I was annoyed earlier. Why do the food malls at Bluewater continue to sell meals to people when there is clearly nowhere for them to sit and eat their food? I couldn't believe how many people were standing around with trays unable to eat their lunch. I threw mine away untouched after 20 minutes as it would have been stone cold.

I'm at home now catching up on some TV. We've got Chinese takeaway for dinner :) looking forward to that.

What have you all been doing today?

I understand your frustration at the silliness of serving food when the place is full. Anything to maximise business for them really! >:( At least your Chinese takeaway will be warm. I am planning to have a Chinese takeaway on Easter Monday. :)
    Forum Member
    Evening

I'm listening to Laura Marling's new album on Spotify at the moment. What are you all doing? :)
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening

I'm listening to Laura Marling's new album on Spotify at the moment. What are you all doing? :)

I'm listening to the new album from Anneke van Giersbergen's new project, The Gentle Storm. I love how she recorded two versions of the album, a full on metal version and a stripped down folk version.
    Forum Member
    Evening!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon! Just trying to stop this thread from getting onto page 2.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon! Just trying to stop this thread from getting onto page 2.

This doesn't seem to be a very active thread anymore, does it?

I've just got in from shopping with mum. We had KFC for lunch and now I'm really regretting it. Ugh, so uncomfortable.

What are you all doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying the Clarkson fall out on Twitter :D

After reading the MacQuarrie report I came to the conclusion that he had to go.
    Forum Member
    I'm in an Inclusive Education Law class with The Puppetmaster. She's the one who pulls the strings :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you noticed how many people have a favourite song from a band or singer, but can rarely if ever name a 2nd favourite song of theirs? Well, I have thought of a remedy!

On Easter Monday I plan to listen to my favourite 2 songs from plenty of acts who have had 2 or more special songs. Just 2 examples will be Kula Shaler, who made my top 20 of the 90s with 2 successive songs from 1997-98, and Texas, who made my favourite song of the year in 1999 and 2006.

And yes, I will report them here!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon guys!
    Forum Member
    Evening

What are you all doing? I've just put dinner in the oven and now I'm surfing the 'net.
    Forum Member
    I'm going to get dinner. I was out and got held up so I didn't have a chance to eat beforehand. Might have an Indian takeaway :D
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)

Did you all remember to put the clocks forward yesterday? :) funny how the first thing that people ask when the clocks go forward or back is "what's the time"? :)
    Forum Member
    Well my gadgets and computers did it automatically, so I didn't have to :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this may seem boring compared to music, but an event coming soon is ... the General Election! As I find following the campaign and results so interesting but time-consuming, I am cutting back on some of my entertainment hobbies until after the Election.

I have already cut back my Emmerdale and Hollyoaks episodes to those with special characters, namely Vanessa & Ruby and the Lomaxes respectively. I shall still come to DS but not the Music Games so often. My favourite Music Game is the Musical Trails, so I shall still partake in this one fairly often.

I have already promised to decide on some strong 2nd favourite songs from artists on Easter Monday. I have the idea of deciding a chart from 1967 in the pipeline. This could be intriguing in 2017, as the songs will be exactly 50 years old! I can keep my options open for a special category for next year. My favourite leap year songs could be topical in 2016!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this may seem boring compared to music, but an event coming soon is ... the General Election! As I find following the campaign and results so interesting but time-consuming, I am cutting back on some of my entertainment hobbies until after the Election.

I have already cut back my Emmerdale and Hollyoaks episodes to those with special characters, namely Vanessa & Ruby and the Lomaxes respectively. I shall still come to DS but not the Music Games so often. My favourite Music Game is the Musical Trails, so I shall still partake in this one fairly often.

I have already promised to decide on some strong 2nd favourite songs from artists on Easter Monday. I have the idea of deciding a chart from 1967 in the pipeline. This could be intriguing in 2017, as the songs will be exactly 50 years old! I can keep my options open for a special category for next year. My favourite leap year songs could be topical in 2016!

Don't venture onto the Politics board in the run up to the GE :eek:

It will be awash with party political penis measuring rather than discussion about the issues.
    Forum Member
    Evening

How was your weekend? Any plans for the Easter weekend? So far we don't have any.

I'm watching Doctor Who on Netflix at the moment. I'm just about to start series 6.
    Forum Member
    Evening! I did a fair bit over the weekend, I was in and out of the house all the time. Certainly was better than just sitting around! At the moment I'm at college working on my Equality Law essay. Have to keep L.A. happy :D I haven't any plans for Easter yet. What's everyone else doing?
    Forum Member
    Evening! I did a fair bit over the weekend, I was in and out of the house all the time. Certainly was better than just sitting around! At the moment I'm at college working on my Equality Law essay. Have to keep L.A. happy :D I haven't any plans for Easter yet. What's everyone else doing?

Glad to hear that your weekend was busy, cnbc. Mine wasn't that busy. I popped into the radio station for a while and then came home.

I'm listening to Morrissey at the moment. He's so gloomy but I love him for it! :)

I have no plans for Easter as of yet. I'll be going to the radio station as usual on Sunday evening for the patient's request show. We're training a new person at the moment so I have to go in every week. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My weekends are never busy because I'm a sad, unsociable git who spends them laying about watching stuff on Netflix.