Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all. I'm absolutely exhausted. Had an awful time at the hospital and came home and have been in bed since 3 pm Thursday - haven't been able to summon energy to do anything.

I too am an expert de-clutterer and house mover so Lindy if you need help, just call. Our new waste collection has just started and it is a disaster! People are dumping their rubbish by the bus stop bins (incidentally, we no longer have a bus service that is convenient so spending a fortune on taxis).

Really hope we hear more from John. Wonder where he is going to visit - he didn't really see much of Portugal so expect that is it.

I'm off to bed again, weariness has just overtaken me. . .
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Afternoon all. I'm absolutely exhausted. Had an awful time at the hospital and came home and have been in bed since 3 pm Thursday - haven't been able to summon energy to do anything.

I too am an expert de-clutterer and house mover so Lindy if you need help, just call. Our new waste collection has just started and it is a disaster! People are dumping their rubbish by the bus stop bins (incidentally, we no longer have a bus service that is convenient so spending a fortune on taxis).

Really hope we hear more from John. Wonder where he is going to visit - he didn't really see much of Portugal so expect that is it.

Sorry to hear you're not well, best stay in that bed and just relax :) Hope you are feeling better soon :)
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hope your feeling better soon Nyannie. x
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi nyannie, we were getting worried about you. Stay tucked up cosy, best place for you. Get well soon.

I'm absolutely freezing today, it's suddenly much colder again. I was just getting used to all the sunshine, oh well.

So you're moving as well Lindy. We were just starting to do up our place to put on the market when we lost my Dad so everything got put on hold. Now we have a flat to sell first while we start again on the house. It's quite a stressful time isn't it? I actually can't wait to move been in this house over 25 years and ready for a new area, just can't decide where, lol.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just found my TL from last year.Just memories lol

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/b0nm36
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »

I too appreciate John for being himself.,good or bad.:)

Get well soon,Nyannie.:)xxx
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good evening JJat

Nyannie so sorry to here you have been unwell,hope you feel better soon xxxxx

lindy and Lena, Good luck with the house move, i hated the people viewing part , constant cleaning making sure everything
    looked good and if you're looking for somewhere to moved to,
    come and visit my little village, I would love to have you two :D

Georgyx :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    I too appreciate John for being himself.,good or bad.:)

Get well soon,Nyannie.:)xxx

i also appreciated the amount of banana's he could eat
    without getting indigestion :o

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hopefully lots of sleep and TLC will help you feel better quickly. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i also appreciated the amount of banana's he could eat
    without getting indigestion :o

:D

Lol:D:DMaybe you should ask if he did?:eek:
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Good evening JJat

Nyannie so sorry to here you have been unwell,hope you feel better soon xxxxx

lindy and Lena, Good luck with the house move, i hated the people viewing part , constant cleaning making sure everything
    looked good and if you're looking for somewhere to moved to,
    come and visit my little village, I would love to have you two :D

Georgyx :p

I even went for that old cliche, fresh flowers all over the place :rolleyes: Pays off though!
    We have had an offer already - though we're not accepting it - too low.....
    Would love to come and be amazed by you and your village georgy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even worse is looking for somewhere to move to, that has enough room, is near enough to public transport etc - and that doesn't have a delivery area for a shop next to it, or isn't opposite a secondary school, etc . You can guess that my OH is one for a quiet life - have to say it doesn't bother me nearly so much - in fact I like having people around :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol:D:DMaybe you should ask if he did?:eek:

i will, when he comes out of hiding :D

P.S
    by the way i think that kid on BGT pinched my xylophone, it went missing from here, around Christmas Time :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    I even went for that old cliche, fresh flowers all over the place :rolleyes: Pays off though!
    We have had an offer already - though we're not accepting it - too low.....
    Would love to come and be amazed by you and your village georgy :D

Only the one cliche , what about the fresh coffee smell, cakes baking :D you could of sent them to hayfever hell :o

i love my village, i also love the 30 min fast train to victoria :p

are you looking to buy in the same area Lindy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only the one cliche , what about the fresh coffee smell, cakes baking :D you could of sent them to hayfever hell :o

i love my village, i also love the 30 min fast train to victoria :p

are you looking to buy in the same area Lindy :D

You're very right - I don't really bake much though so I'd have to get one of those sprays they use in supermarkets to make us think the bread is fresh :eek: Coffee I can manage :o

We are looking to move about 10 miles further out of London ....away from the rail connection.....I had a bit of a wobbly about that over dinner tonight. If we move further out, property is cheaper and we can potentially help our girls on their way by releasing some equity ;) I know a lot of people do this, and I thought I wanted to do it myself......but I am finding it hard :(:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we move to the town we're thinking of, it would be approx a 2 hour journey into London, either by coach or by (eventually) picking up the fast train to Paddington :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even worse is looking for somewhere to move to, that has enough room, is near enough to public transport etc - and that doesn't have a delivery area for a shop next to it, or isn't opposite a secondary school, etc . You can guess that my OH is one for a quiet life - have to say it doesn't bother me nearly so much - in fact I like having people around :D

I like that too,the city life:)
    i will, when he comes out of hiding :D

P.S
    by the way i think that kid on BGT pinched my xylophone, it went missing from here, around Christmas Time :p

You'll be waiting a loooong time then:p

Loool:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually more like two and a half hours :eek:

OMG What am I doing? Me, who loves London? :rolleyes:

Trouble is, OH loves the countryside.......:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll have to resort to staying overnight in London to get my fix!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually more like two and a half hours :eek:

OMG What am I doing? Me, who loves London? :rolleyes:

Trouble is, OH loves the countryside.......:(

Can't you get somewhere a little bit closer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't you get somewhere a little bit closer?

I'd love to.....but it's not really feasible :(

Makes me feel like going back to work, no point in being stuck at home in the middle of nowhere.....

Sorry, have got the miseries about it :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Going to watch the football now, anything to get my mind off it.....:rolleyes:

Georgy, you know we're playing Newcastle tomorrow? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're very right - I don't really bake much though so I'd have to get one of those sprays they use in supermarkets to make us think the bread is fresh :eek: Coffee I can manage :o

We are looking to move about 10 miles further out of London ....away from the rail connection.....I had a bit of a wobbly about that over dinner tonight. If we move further out, property is cheaper and we can potentially help our girls on their way by releasing some equity ;) I know a lot of people do this, and I thought I wanted to do it myself......but I am finding it hard :(:o

Change is hard
    but you will find the right place to suit you both
    and there's no hurry, if someone really wants your house they will wait until you find your dream place.

Its a great idea wanting to help the girls on their way, but its got to be right for you,and i,m sure they would prefer a happy mum :D

Georgyx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love to.....but it's not really feasible :(

Makes me feel like going back to work, no point in being stuck at home in the middle of nowhere.....

Sorry, have got the miseries about it :o

Awww...maybe you'll get used to it:)
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »

That was nice to read Ucra. He was certainly true to his word when he said he was getting his jacket, i was shocked he really did.
This discussion has been closed.