Options

Junior Doctors : Your Life In Their Hands ( BBC 3 24/01/12 )

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    Tristan is fantastic with his patients and I really like him, reminds me of Lucy in last year's series and how kind and caring she was towards her patients. I think Emily is very competent also.
    He is and he stays late just to make sure tests are done...not wanting anyone else take over.....he may need to learn, to let go.
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I find it funny Keira seems to have nothing to do with the rest of them other than happening to be in the same programme as them! I mean this could be the case, this series is different in the sense not all of them are living together in the house

Jen is definately my favourite. She's determined and very good at her job
    I feel Ed is the same, as he lives with his girlfriend.
    But it was great when they were, nearly all together when Tristan turned up with Wife and Baby to the House this week.

Hope they had cleaned up the place then, after seeing it at the start.......couldn't they afford a Cleaner.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 6 HOUR exam?! My god. :eek:

So glad Sexy Oli passed though. :):o

'Can we have a baby?' Tom to Jenna, after seeing Tristian's wife and kid. Lol. REJECTION BURN. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show. I think they all seem really competant and will make good doctors even Ed as he just needs a bit more help, judging from last time he is getting on quite well now.

I do think Tristan needs to think of his family more as he can't stay all night and needs let the other doctors take over as they are more than capable.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great series - loved watching the last two episodes back to back! :):cool:
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got bored of this series as it's not really showing you anything that the previous two did and I don't think the young doctors are such interesting characters this time. It's still a good idea to show young people starting a job for the first time but maybe they should try it with other professions such as nursing or police..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I've got bored of this series as it's not really showing you anything that the previous two did and I don't think the young doctors are such interesting characters this time. It's still a good idea to show young people starting a job for the first time but maybe they should try it with other professions such as nursing or police..

I agree. The last series was far more entertaining.
    One thing is for sure - to train to become a doctor is a very dedicated task indeed. They all seem to live and breath it every minute of their days.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I have liked both series, I think the young doctors have shown such empathy and kindness, they are a pleasure to watch doing what must be a very hard job.

I agree Jen was like the Duchess of Cambridge and such a very nice hard working girl, what a role model for young people.

Good to see they let their hair down in their off times, yet were very much focused on their careers.

Well done.
  • Options
    Ron_JRon_J Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the fort two series very much but this one seems a bit underwhelming. Perhaps it's just the mix of characters this time round (I can't stand gormless Ed or smarmy Olli) or maybe it's just that we've seen it all before in the previous series. There's only so much false drama around "will they/won't they get the cannula in" you can take...

A series following young people starting a career in a different profession sounds like it could be interesting but I'm not sure if there is anything really analogous to the structured experience junior doctors go through when they're starting out.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Ron_J wrote: »
    I enjoyed the fort two series very much but this one seems a bit underwhelming. Perhaps it's just the mix of characters this time round (I can't stand gormless Ed or smarmy Olli) or maybe it's just that we've seen it all before in the previous series. There's only so much false drama around "will they/won't they get the cannula in" you can take...

A series following young people starting a career in a different profession sounds like it could be interesting but I'm not sure if there is anything really analogous to the structured experience junior doctors go through when they're starting out.
    I thought he did a great job by the end....but I thought even better, was Carol from Malawi , who didn't turn up until the last couple of episode. She deserves her own Doc, regards how she got to Liverpool, with her Doctor Husband.
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Great series - loved watching the last two episodes back to back! :):cool:
    And a highlights episode this week, with new footage.:cool:
  • Options
    hello:)hello:) Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    always loved this show :D
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I thought he did a great job by the end....but I thought even better, was Carol from Malawi , who didn't turn up until the last couple of episode. She deserves her own Doc, regards how she got to Liverpool, with her Doctor Husband.

And a highlights episode this week, with new footage.:cool:

didn't know it was just highlights:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Was the colourless junior doctor Ed chosen to add a bit of interest to the series due to his disconcerting shortcomings ? He really is still like a fish out of water and I sincerely hope he gets back to his Italian mountain village and Merseyside hospital patients are not at risk with the level of support he needs. Glad he wants to move somewhere else!He had not improved that much despite the commentary in episode 6, judging by the level of prompting he still required. Very impressed with the dedication and hard work of all the staff filmed but not impressed that this country is so desperate for staff it employed him. Unless, of course, he is a victim of selective editing?
  • Options
    JMinLondonJMinLondon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have these doctors never heard of Infection Control.
    It is not allowed to leave hospital in scrubs or nurses uniform etc yet they just walk out still wearing the blue and greens and sit at home around the table spreading all sorts of germs.

Other than that, quite like the programme.
  • Options
    hello:)hello:) Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Was the colourless junior doctor Ed chosen to add a bit of interest to the series due to his disconcerting shortcomings ? He really is still like a fish out of water and I sincerely hope he gets back to his Italian mountain village and Merseyside hospital patients are not at risk with the level of support he needs. Glad he wants to move somewhere else!He had not improved that much despite the commentary in episode 6, judging by the level of prompting he still required. Very impressed with the dedication and hard work of all the staff filmed but not impressed that this country is so desperate for staff it employed him. Unless, of course, he is a victim of selective editing?

I think he had improved, I saw on twitter another one of the doctors saying they'd trust Ed to look after their family. Ed also said that on the first day he'd just done a night shift in Italy so I guess I'd be pretty out of it if I'd had a dodgy night and I was moving to another country.