Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 6)

Comments

• kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the whole Anniversary week and I hope they can keep it up. Also really looking forward to Scarlett coming back (and Carl's extremely grown-up-looking kids. Apart from some bits of bad acting, (always Yobbit) and serious over-acting (Jimmy), I'm pretty happy with things at the moment. :)

Huzzah I was afraid you might have been one of this threads eternal lost causes who always hate everything no matter how good something is.

Cheeryness is good heh.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I do note there is some good news according to the Radio Times ED cast lists and the new soap mag spoilers Scarlett will be her next week for Carl's funeral.
    A new love interest for Robbie perhaps :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Lotty I Agree with you.

With absolutely nothing that you said up above. I enjoyed the ep and was with Debbie and the Dingles against the Gruesome Somesome runaway C's.

My partial reasons for enjoying the ep is because after many months there was actually something called a plot rather than a travesty of a thing stuck in a holding pattern like so many aircraft circling an airport waiting to land. Recent ep have been like real drama shows on TV with things actually happening so as long as it does i'm happy enough.

I fear this thread is stuck in miserable mode again.

Wow Kwynne you should have told me that I have to run all my posts past you before I submit them. I should have been told that I always have to be upbeat and like everything.

I actually see this as a personal attack. I have my own opinions. You don't have to comment and make sarky remarks or imply I'm miserable if you disagree.

I am actually one of the few in the past who has always tried to look for something positive when I'm critiquing - just like I did above in saying that I loved the Genhil scenes. I've praised the programme no end lately and have the right to say if I find a scene particularly jarring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Wow Kwynne you should have told me that I have to run all my posts past you before I submit them. I should have been told that I always have to be upbeat and like everything.

I actually see this as a personal attack. I have my own opinions. You don't have to comment and make sarky remarks or imply I'm miserable if you disagree.

I am actually one of the few in the past who has always tried to look for something positive when I'm critiquing - just like I did above in saying that I loved the Genhil scenes. I've praised the programme no end lately and have the right to say if I find a scene particularly jarring.

Oh please don't see it as a personal attack its just my occasional flowery language getting me into trouble, second time today already. I seem to be offending everyone today

That post I made did seem somewhat irritable of me and I really didn't mean to upset you or anyone. I was merely very badly as it happens trying to say in this particular case I don't agree with what you said, its just that I normally do agree with you

I certainly wouldn't expect you to even think of running your by me and would be mortified if you thought I thought you did.

So Please accept my sincerest apoligies for my utter cack handed idocy and stupidity

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please don't see it as a personal attack its just my occasional flowery language getting me into trouble, second time today already. I seem to be offending everyone today

That post I made did seem somewhat irritable of me and I really didn't mean to upset you or anyone. I was merely very badly as it happens trying to say in this particular case I don't agree with what you said, its just that I normally do agree with you

I certainly wouldn't expect you to even think of running your by me and would be mortified if you thought I thought you did.

So Please accept my sincerest apoligies for my utter cack handed idocy and stupidity

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh God, now I feel like a right bad tempered rotter :(

Forget about it Kwynne, I'm having a bit of a hard time a the moment and might be bringing my troubles onto this thread so please accept my apologies for being such a grump, I hope you know it WAS out of character for me. Feeling sorry for myself combined with no sleep has made me one snappy mare! :o

Please accept my virtual handshake :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God, now I feel like a right bad tempered rotter :(

Forget about it Kwynne, I'm having a bit of a hard time a the moment and might be bringing my troubles onto this thread so please accept my apologies for being such a grump, I hope you know it WAS out of character for me. Feeling sorry for myself combined with no sleep has made me one snappy mare! :o

Please accept my virtual handshake :)

Fine by me

Or as I said in the other thread lets disagree to agree.

I think thats right isn't it or is it?
    :):):):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fine by me

Or as I said in the other thread lets disagree to agree.

I think thats right isn't it or is it?
    :):):):):):)

Yup! :)

But I still think that Debbie is a pain in the @rse :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! :)

But I still think that Debbie is a pain in the @rse :p:D

I had sort of written why I didn't think Debbie was so bad in my Daily Analysis but in light of our disagreement thought better of it.

So anyway here it is

Semi Valid Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

1) Debbie - Some don't like her being nasty to Chas or voice her opinions on the fact that her Aunt is fooking her fiance on the basis she A) Slept with Andy to get her Super hero baby or B) Stole her mothers boyfirend, those are totally valid arguments but in totally different circumstances and context. Chas is her aunt and self confessed best friend and really really shouldn't be doing that sort of thing with Debbie's fiance, not ever. And Cameron kept proclaiming undying love to Debbie and rejecting the many many chances Debbie gave him to leave. So I would say in these circumstances anybody would be annoyed if not spitting fire if they were in Debbie's shoes, and Debbie doesn't suffer fools gladly at the best of times and these well aren't the best of times.

2) The police, thought for a moment the police had forgotten they had arrested Chastity and Cain when they got their main prize but didn't.

3) Zak - Some wondered why Zak had seemingly forgotten he had attacked Cain, but wasn't that the whol reason he was advocating non violence because he saw what hitting your relatives can do to a person.

4) Cain in angry pig headed agressive mode, lucky he was arrested when he did.

5) Charity was in fierce daughter protective Mode and gave Cameron what for..

6) Chas very ashamed and getting it in neck from all sides, actually thinks she killed Carl. but with good reason.

7) Victoria - Don't go with Adam Vic your far too good for him.

Everybody else was just in the way of the main events.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Everyone

That wasn't a bad episode.
    Obviously loved the Gennie/ Nikhil/ Georgia scenes.

Is it just me or are Jai and Rishi hanging out there a lot 'to help' but their ‘help’ seems to mainly consist of them sitting around drinking wine and secretly talking about Rachel. It's great they are happy about Molly's arrival (has Priya even seen Molly yet) but it doesn't seem to be much practical help to Gennie and Nikhil. Maybe Rishi just hits the drink when Georgia's around. Really enjoyed Georgia's arrival and Gennie's reaction. I don't know how Gennie thinks Nikhil can control Georgia (he doesn’t have an app for that either) and she does precisely what she wants, when she wants to, without taking much notice of him or anyone else:D This will be very much the lighter storyline this week to counter all the Dingle shouting but it is so nice to see a normal-ish storyline involving new parents who are happy with their new arrival and trying to figure things out.

The Dingle scenes were what I expected; namely lots and lots of shouting, though it’s pretty justified in this case. Cain, Charity and Debbie all reacting as I expected they would and while I have no sympathy for Chas or Cameron, they really are a motley crew of hypocrites to be casting stones. My only real issues with the scenes were that the police would never have allowed them to stand around after being arrested making threats to Chas and Cameron and Chas deciding to confess to killing Carl. Why characters in soaps can’t ever keep their mouth shut around the police is anyone’s guess but Chas wasn’t even being questioned or interviewed. She just confessed. What an idiot.
  • KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the Gennie Nikhil bits. Reminded me of when we got home with our first baby and just wanted it to be the three of us but my Mum and older sister decided they had had the baby and knew best how to look after him. I really had to put my foot down. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats what makes you an excellent poster Lotty you arnt biased towards anything and bring good points to the table! I try to be the same i shout out what i love about the show and what i hate about the show ive never seen the point in just slagging of something for the sake of it!

It was a first for me in a long time but i didnt really enjoy the Genhil scenes last night there was just something missing from it maybe its because Georgia was there and i'm not a big fan of the character at all but it just didnt click!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KathySpark wrote: »
    I loved the Gennie Nikhil bits. Reminded me of when we got home with our first baby and just wanted it to be the three of us but my Mum and older sister decided they had had the baby and knew best how to look after him. I really had to put my foot down. :p

Yeah, I really like that this is a storyline that viewers are going to relate to and there hasn't been as much of that on Emmerdale as i would like. Very few viewers will have killed the paraplegic boyfriend or become engaged after one week, but lots of viewers will know what it's like to bring a first baby home and have relations who may be somewhat over enthusiastic :D
    New baby, happy but anxious parents, overbearing relatives who think they know best. What I like about the Sharmas is that I can recognise them as people, we have all met mothers like Georgia- she means well but she's a bit of a nightmare.

Character driven interactions:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats what makes you an excellent poster Lotty you arnt biased towards anything and bring good points to the table! I try to be the same i shout out what i love about the show and what i hate about the show ive never seen the point in just slagging of something for the sake of it!

It was a first for me in a long time but i didnt really enjoy the Genhil scenes last night there was just something missing from it maybe its because Georgia was there and i'm not a big fan of the character at all but it just didnt click!

See I like Georgia so it works for me but I can see that if you didn't like her the scenes might grate a little

And it would be boring if we all agreed on everything all the time:D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone

That wasn't a bad episode.
    Obviously loved the Gennie/ Nikhil/ Georgia scenes.

Is it just me or are Jai and Rishi hanging out there a lot 'to help' but their ‘help’ seems to mainly consist of them sitting around drinking wine and secretly talking about Rachel. It's great they are happy about Molly's arrival (has Priya even seen Molly yet) but it doesn't seem to be much practical help to Gennie and Nikhil. Maybe Rishi just hits the drink when Georgia's around. Really enjoyed Georgia's arrival and Gennie's reaction. I don't know how Gennie thinks Nikhil can control Georgia (he doesn’t have an app for that either) and she does precisely what she wants, when she wants to, without taking much notice of him or anyone else:D This will be very much the lighter storyline this week to counter all the Dingle shouting but it is so nice to see a normal-ish storyline involving new parents who are happy with their new arrival and trying to figure things out.

The Dingle scenes were what I expected; namely lots and lots of shouting, though it’s pretty justified in this case. Cain, Charity and Debbie all reacting as I expected they would and while I have no sympathy for Chas or Cameron, they really are a motley crew of hypocrites to be casting stones. My only real issues with the scenes were that the police would never have allowed them to stand around after being arrested making threats to Chas and Cameron and Chas deciding to confess to killing Carl. Why characters in soaps can’t ever keep their mouth shut around the police is anyone’s guess but Chas wasn’t even being questioned or interviewed. She just confessed. What an idiot.

Hi Wildy. About Nikhil and Gennie, it's funny because nobody moaned more than me at the time about yet another bliddy pregnancy, but in fact it's worked out well that we've got all the drama and upset with Dobbeh and (so far) the counterpoint with Nikhil and Gennie having the nice normal(ish) happy scenes.

It would all make for a good balance, (except judging by the spoilers, 'Gennhil' won't be allowed to be too happy for too long). :rolleyes: I do hope they somehow manage to keep the comedy element alive with those two, since they're the only ones able to raise a smile in the viewers these days. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See I like Georgia so it works for me but I can see that if you didn't like her the scenes might grate a little

And it would be boring if we all agreed on everything all the time:D

It certainly would! :D

I'll pick up on your point you made in your previous post that i do strongly agree with as much as i didnt relax into the scene it was great non ott character driven material and it rings true not only themselves but to real life overbearing mothers who think they know best and i do hope Gerogia and Gennie can unite together in time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Wildy. About Nikhil and Gennie, it's funny because nobody moaned more than me at the time about yet another bliddy pregnancy, but in fact it's worked out well that we've got all the drama and upset with Dobbeh and (so far) the counterpoint with Nikhil and Gennie having the nice normal(ish) happy scenes.

It would all make for a good balance, (except judging by the spoilers, 'Gennhil' won't be allowed to be too happy for too long). :rolleyes: I do hope they somehow manage to keep the comedy element alive with those two, since they're the only ones able to raise a smile in the viewers these days. :)

Gennie and Nikhil won't be allowed to be happy for too long:eek::eek::( Why, can't any characters on this show be happy for a few weeks without having misery and drama added to the mix.

I like the comedy between them but if this is going to revert to scenes of Nikhil insulting Gennie I'll be annoyed:mad:
    It certainly would! :D

I'll pick up on your point you made in your previous post that i do strongly agree with as much as i didnt relax into the scene it was great non ott character driven material and it rings true not only themselves but to real life overbearing mothers who think they know best and i do hope Gerogia and Gennie can unite together in time!

I would expect quite a lot of interferring before they come to an understanding :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you see the trailer for tomorrow's ep?
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shazf wrote: »
    Did you see the trailer for tomorrow's ep?

Trailer? Do you mean preview? I've seen the one for Friday on DS:)
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the whole Anniversary week and I hope they can keep it up. Also really looking forward to Scarlett coming back (and Carl's extremely grown-up-looking kids. Apart from some bits of bad acting, (always Yobbit) and serious over-acting (Jimmy), I'm pretty happy with things at the moment. :)

I can't remember what Scarlett looked like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had sort of written why I didn't think Debbie was so bad in my Daily Analysis but in light of our disagreement thought better of it.

So anyway here it is

Semi Valid Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

1) Debbie - Some don't like her being nasty to Chas or voice her opinions on the fact that her Aunt is fooking her fiance on the basis she A) Slept with Andy to get her Super hero baby or B) Stole her mothers boyfirend, those are totally valid arguments but in totally different circumstances and context. Chas is her aunt and self confessed best friend and really really shouldn't be doing that sort of thing with Debbie's fiance, not ever. And Cameron kept proclaiming undying love to Debbie and rejecting the many many chances Debbie gave him to leave. So I would say in these circumstances anybody would be annoyed if not spitting fire if they were in Debbie's shoes, and Debbie doesn't suffer fools gladly at the best of times and these well aren't the best of times.

2) The police, thought for a moment the police had forgotten they had arrested Chastity and Cain when they got their main prize but didn't.

3) Zak - Some wondered why Zak had seemingly forgotten he had attacked Cain, but wasn't that the whol reason he was advocating non violence because he saw what hitting your relatives can do to a person.

4) Cain in angry pig headed agressive mode, lucky he was arrested when he did.

5) Charity was in fierce daughter protective Mode and gave Cameron what for..

6) Chas very ashamed and getting it in neck from all sides, actually thinks she killed Carl. but with good reason.

7) Victoria - Don't go with Adam Vic your far too good for him.

Everybody else was just in the way of the main events.

BIB: I know why I should feel sorry for Debbie and standing back dispassionately I do - as long as I don't have to look at her on my TV screen! Her Aunty who she was close to betraying her like that is absolutely horrendous, it's a huge betrayal and probably why she wasn't so bothered about Cameron cheating on her at that moment (that'll probably come later.) I understand all that but as soon as I see her miserable mug all that sympathy goes out of the window. She so damned unlikeable! I think the scenes where she confronted Chas would have been better if it had just been her and Chas without the over protective parents and granddad mouthing off too. Did the scenes hold my attention? Yes, absolutely but they also left a bad taste in my mouth, it came across as bullying, almost like a mob lynching :eek: It could be argued that Chas deserved it but it was all bit too OTT for my liking - but that might be the very thing that other folks liked about it :D

It could be said that Debbie had a right to be miserable lately what with her daughter's life being in the balance yet she's just had great news about her, that she has her best ever chance of survival ever but Debbie seems more interested in focusing on Chas's betrayal :confused: I haven't been in Debbie's position but I imagine that if I'd just found out my child was going to survive then anything after that would come second, I'd deal with it later when I've absorbed that info that all my efforts (and shagging Andy *shudders*) was worth it - she's going to LIVE. To me, Debbie has bigger priorities than worrying about who was shagging who. Have your say later on and then cut the bastards out of your life. Besides, it can't be a surprise that Cameron cheated with his reputation.

Thank you JR, you're very kind. I hate being entirely negative and have always tried to find something to like.

Georgia is a bit of a trial isn't she? Poor Gennie, Georgia is going to take over!
    Yeah, I really like that this is a storyline that viewers are going to relate to and there hasn't been as much of that on Emmerdale as i would like. Very few viewers will have killed the paraplegic boyfriend or become engaged after one week, but lots of viewers will know what it's like to bring a first baby home and have relations who may be somewhat over enthusiastic :D
    New baby, happy but anxious parents, overbearing relatives who think they know best. What I like about the Sharmas is that I can recognise them as people, we have all met mothers like Georgia- she means well but she's a bit of a nightmare.

Character driven interactions:)

Great post. I was giving it some thought and I think this is why I've enjoyed ED more lately. It's gone back to soap grass routes - affairs, babies, overbearing relatives, marriages breaking up, men getting women they shouldn't pregnant, people swindling other people etc. These are storylines that viewers can relate to and understand. Plus in these situations characters can act out of character and it's not a big deal as you can make excuses for them e.g. everyone reacts differently etc. It's all very well doing ground breaking, explosive storylines like the Jackson mercy killing and Sarah's rare illness but when they are so poorly researched and executed (Jackson) but also stray into salaciousness (Sarah) it just makes my blood boil. But I'm not going THERE again, I've done that to death :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I can't remember what Scarlett looked like.

Here she is. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer? Do you mean preview? I've seen the one for Friday on DS:)

No. the one on Emmerdale Forum.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member

She was very tall, if I remember. Let's hope she doesn't stand next to Robbie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    She was very tall, if I remember. Let's hope she doesn't stand next to Robbie.

Let's hope she does. I love a good laugh. :D:D
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved last night's episode. I preferred last night's episode to the entire anniversary week actually! The reactions of Charity, Cain and Debbie were brilliant to watch and I loved Zak attempting to keep things under control. He needs to go back to his position of 'head of the Dingle' clan.

I love Georgia. Is she going to become a permanent cast member, does anyone know?

I like the idea of Adam and Victoria getting together. I think they work well together and I think Victoria should get with him!
This discussion has been closed.