Options

Now 90

Comments

• Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Any news on the track-list yet

I wouldn't expect it for another couple of weeks yet. I have a feeling it's going to contain quite a few high charters/quick fallers this time around. I do wish they would give tracks which peak lower down the chart a chance too, because sometimes they can end up outselling some of the higher charting songs.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    The Now! compilers could potentially make the next album futureproof if they get tracks like Firestone, Cheerleader and I'm An Albatraoz included on the tracklist as these three songs have the potential to be just as popular in the UK as they already have been across Europe.

Who really wants a Now! featuring mostly small hits that didn't stick around? I've always liked it when the Now! tracklist is fresh and includes many new releases.
  • Options
    hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Here's a final prediction before we get the official track list on Friday:

CD 1
    1. Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars - "Uptown Funk"
    2. Ellie Goulding - "Love Me Like You Do"
    3. Ed Sheeran - "Thinking Out Loud"
    4. Take That - "These Days"
    5. Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney - "FourFiveSeconds"
    6. Sam Smith featuring John Legend - "Lay Me Down"
    7. Olly Murs featuring Demi Lovato - "Up"
    8. One Direction - "Night Changes"
    9. Cheryl Cole - "I Don't Care"
    10. Maroon 5 - "Sugar"
    11. James Bay - "Hold Back The River"
    12. Meghan Trainor - "Lips Are Movin"
    13. Fergie - "L.A. Love (La La)"
    14. Charli XCX featuring Rita Ora - "Doing It"
    15. The Weeknd - "Earned It"
    16. Chris Brown & Tyga - "Ayo"
    17. Sia - "Elastic Heart"
    18. David Guetta featuring Emeli Sandé - "What I Did For Love"
    19. Echosmith - "Cool Kids"
    20. Ella Henderson - "Mirror Man"
    21. Kelly Clarkson - "Heartbeat Song"
    22. Nick Jonas - "Jealous"
    23. Ben Haenow - "Something I Need"

CD 2
    1. Years & Years - "King"
    2. Flo Rida featuring Sage The Gemini & Lookas - "G.D.F.R"
    3. Philip George - "Wish You Were Mine"
    4. Sigma featuring Labrinth - "Higher"
    5. DJ Fresh featuring Ella Eyre - "Gravity"
    6. Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding - "Outside"
    7. David Guetta featuring Sam Martin - "Dangerous"
    8. Avicii - "The Nights"
    9. Alesso featuring Tove Lo - "Heroes (We Could Be)"
    10. Tough Love - "So Freakin' Tight"
    11. Oliver Heldens featuring KStewart - "Last All Night (Koala)"
    12. Blonde featuring Melissa Steel - "I Loved You"
    13. Sam Smith - "Like I Can"
    14. Marlon Roudette - "When The Beat Drops Out"
    15. Karen Harding - "Say Something"
    16. Mike Mago & Dragonette - "Outlines"
    17. Alex Adair - "Make Me Feel Better"
    18. Usher featuring Juicy J - "I Don't Mind"
    19. Jess Glynne - "Hold My Hand"
    20. Labrinth - "Jealous"
    21. Mumford & Sons - "Believe"
    22. Wretch 32 - "6 Words"
    23. Tchami featuring Kaleem Taylor - "Promesses"
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ I think you've nailed it ^^

Can't see that much deviation from that playlist tbh.

Even with two Sam Smith songs included.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even with two Sam Smith songs included.
    They always do it on the spring NOWs. Put more than one song from an artist where they make more than one appearance as a lead artist. Anyway, it makes more sense for them to include "Lay Me Down" and miss out "Like I Can"
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still get the Now What I Call Music releases when they're released, partly because I loved the Nows so much as a kid that I couldn't stop collecting them. But I must admit - and I don't know if it's because I'm aging - each compilation has less and less tracks that I enjoy. It's not their fault, I just think pop music is a little horrific at the moment - although, of course, there's plenty of little gems.

Still always put on Classic Nows when I want something nostalgic to listen to - especially the Now 39 - Now 52 era. They were great. And the artwork always looked different on every release. For a while, the artwork always followed a similar style (I'd say Now 60 onwards), but that was pretty reflective of the chart music at the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CD 1 Track 1 is "Uptown Funk"
  • Options
    Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    My two golden eras are 42 to 48 (childhood peak) and 69 to 79 (uni/hedonistic late teens-early twenties peak), but really anything from 29 onwards is absolutely top notch. Ones before that can be a bit odd in some of their song choices, and not always entirely representative of the era - Now 16 somehow manages to avoid featuring any number 1 singles - but all have their gems, even the very recent ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a tracklist on Amazon which I hope isn't true

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-Thats-What-Call-Music/dp/B00TILNZFY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty solid tracklist, even with the two Sam Smith songs and a Calvin Harris double.
    The official NOW 90 tracklist announcement will be later today. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a tracklist on Amazon which I hope isn't true

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-Thats-What-Call-Music/dp/B00TILNZFY

The tracklist is official
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glaring omission of Ellie Gouldings 'Love Me Like You Do' (as well as The Weeknd -'Earned It', also from the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack)

Must be a legal/copyright issue with UMG as Ellies previous hits have featured on NOW albums.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be a legal/copyright issue with UMG as Ellies previous hits have featured on NOW albums.

Must be - we've had Taylor Swift on Now albums before, but nothing from 1989 has been on one.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    FourFiveSeconds didn't make the tracklist despite someone uploading the single artwork on the Now Music Twitter account. EDIT; they've removed the artwork in the last couple of days by the looks of things.

Another song they didn't end up getting the rights to include.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's puzzling as to why both Ellies & Weeknds songs aren't included on NOW 90 despite the fact that Universal Music Group released the '50 S.O.G' film soundtrack AND the NOW series.
    Shouldn't be an issue if it's all under the same record company. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Another song they didn't end up getting the rights to include.
    Rihanna doesn't have a problem with her music appearing on NOW albums. There was Rihanna overkill on NOW albums when Ashley Abram was compiler. Ever since Jenny Fisher took over, there's hardly been Rihanna on a NOW. If Ashley Abram compiled NOW 90, Rihanna would be on there hands down
  • Options
    Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Rihanna doesn't have a problem with her music appearing on NOW albums. There was Rihanna overkill on NOW albums when Ashley Abram was compiler. Ever since Jenny Fisher took over, there's hardly been Rihanna on a NOW. If Ashley Abram compiled NOW 90, Rihanna would be on there hands down

But there haven't been as many major Rihanna singles in the last few years, have there? The only massive one I can think of is Diamonds, and that was present and correct on Now 84.

2010-2011 was when she was seriously everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But there haven't been as many major Rihanna singles in the last few years, have there? The only massive one I can think of is Diamonds, and that was present and correct on Now 84.
    "Stay" came after "Diamonds" and that was a major hit. In other news, I've seen the running times for each track on NOW 90 and it looks like more songs have been shredded
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's not how it works. If a major artist or song is missing it's to do with either the rights or artist request.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Stay" came after "Diamonds" and that was a major hit. In other news, I've seen the running times for each track on NOW 90 and it looks like more songs have been shredded

Quantity over quality it seems. Shame.
    If Jenny didn't include crap by Flo-Rida, Wretch 32, Usher , Chris Brown & that forgettable-one-week-wonder from McBusted & just featured one Sam Smith, Calvin Harris or David Guetta song instead of two each, then the full versions of the other 40 songs would fit on.

Stand-by for 'radio-edits' aplenty then ! Pffft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People still buy these???
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    People still buy these???

Yes they do a lot of people still buy them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    Yes they do a lot of people still buy them.

Just seems like such a waste of money when you can make your own, superior playlists in minutes now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quantity over quality it seems. Shame.
    It wasn't like that on NOW 80 CD 1. On there, they could have had the radio versions of "The Edge Of Glory" and "Iris" and put one more song on the CD but they didn't, so we had the full 5:20 version of TEOG instead of the 4:20 radio edit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweetums wrote: »
    Just seems like such a waste of money when you can make your own, superior playlists in minutes now.

Some people - such as myself - like to buy music on HQ CD instead of a crappy bit download.