Carole is rubbish because she keeps on CRYING.

2»

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would get upset around such a pack of juvenile bitches!
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    TonayBoy wrote: »
    "What do we want?

World Peace!

When do we want it?

WAAAAAAAH!!"

LOL

You want f**king tears?

Here's your f**king tears!
  • wrigleyswrigleys Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure exactly what it is about Carole, but I was never keen on her.

I strongly feel she has self-esteem problems - maybe its to do with her age and weight who knows except her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For someone who appears to be a self-proclaimed feminist, political activist &c. She's playing a splendid role of the submissive house-wife. Like me, she's a Londoner, in my age group and the pounds tend to pile on over the years but I like to think we've been around the block a few times, have some fabulous stories to tell and could contribute a bit more to such a group other than making sure the dishes are clean. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrigleys wrote: »
    I strongly feel she has self-esteem problems - maybe its to do with her age and weight who knows except her.

Age and weight? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked what Lesley said about her. To paraphrase, she said something like "she has a lot to give but I don't understand why she's doing it with this domestic slave business".

Carole seems to have carved out a one-dimensional role for herself, but it's one she doesn't even seem to enjoy. It'd be better for her and everyone else if she just said, "screw it", cut loose and tried to be a HM rather than the skivvy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    textonly wrote: »
    I liked what Lesley said about her. To paraphrase, she said something like "she has a lot to give but I don't understand why she's doing it with this domestic slave business".

Carole seems to have carved out a one-dimensional role for herself, but it's one she doesn't even seem to enjoy. It'd be better for her and everyone else if she just said, "screw it", cut loose and tried to be a HM rather than the skivvy.

Well said. :)
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    Tonyboy wrote: »
    Jeeves. What is this, Day 6 and she's cried nearly every other day.

Today it was over something silly to do with cooking.

I'm trying to like her, I really am, and although she is in a house full of swines I do think she could have done a better job of keeping it together.

It's getting to the stage where the housemates I most disliked on Day 1 (Tracey n the Twins) are becoming my favourites. You know why? Cos Tracey and the Twins started off being psychotic nutcases and now both are gradually getting more normal, whilst the others started out normal and are gradually becoming more and more neurotic or psychotic. It's a weird role-reversal and it's scaring me and my child. :(

I miss Russell.

I thought that she was going to be a great laugh and key player this year at first. She needs deflating. Sorry but her character was over hyped to start with.

I give a round of applause to Lesley though:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea, I like Lesley. I hope she stays. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair though she's been sick and nearly lost her voice, it's not surprisingly she hasn't been the life and soul of the "party".

I know other people have gone on about it on other threads but Carole has really helped a lot of people out with fostering etc. She's got a lot of experience to draw on so she might perk up in a few days!
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicho wrote: »
    she puts me in mind of Rose West, for some reason, and that's not terribly pleasant!

I'd think Lesley would be more of a likeness than Carole who looks nothing like
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to have a cracker of a cough - its probably pulling her down - maybe she'll improve when she's feeling better.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    textonly wrote: »

I think she is in some kind of emotional shock or discomfort as being in the house has brought her face to face with certain feelings about herself, so she is not functioning properly yet as the interesting person she probably is.

The most significant remark that Lesley made about her was that she (Lesley) doesn't know a single thing more about her (Carole) than the very first day and that that was Carole's choice.

Hm...what is that about? Does Carole not like or trust Lesley for some reason? I am not all that surprised if they do not particularly get on but what is behind this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    The most significant remark that Lesley made about her was that she (Lesley) doesn't know a single thing more about her (Carole) than the very first day and that that was Carole's choice.

Hm...what is that about? Does Carole not like or trust Lesley for some reason? I am not all that surprised if they do not particularly get on but what is behind this?

Personally I think the way Carole has dealt with the experience of being locked up with so many youngsters is to revert to her mum role. She has the skills, it keeps her busy, it gives her some kind of connection with most HM's and it protects her from isolation. The other side of the coin is that playing mother and putting other people before yourself all the time is hard work - exhausting even - and even though she has taken the role herself, I doubt she is getting the same kind of satisfaction she would hope for.

With regard to Lesley, she is the only one in the house who has absolutely no need for a mother, and as such I think Carole has not really sought to find a connection with her and visa versa.

I think Carole will struggle to be happy until she steps out of that role. While it's possible she knew what role she would end up playing in the house, I don't believe that's what she applied to be on BB for. She needs to start enjoying the experience in the way she intended to rather than playing it safe and falling on familiar roles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I used to know someone exactly like Carole. This girl was always the first person to offer practical and emotional help to any of her friends at any opportunity, she worked for charities in her spare time, and everyone would turn to her in times of need because she encouraged them to depend on her; they believed she really thrived on her self-elected role as a supportive figure. One day, she had a huge explosion. Turned out, she was desperate for someone to look after her once in a while, just as she had always done for others. No one ever saw her as a needy person or realised how she felt. Possibly Carole, having played motherly, nurturing and rallying roles in real life, is now coming to terms with the fact that in the BB house, nobody gives a shit about any of this. The consequent loss of power, status, respect and potential friendship that this involves must be a humiliating thing to come to terms with on live television.
  • TanequilTanequil Posts: 366,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure exactly what it is about Carole, but I was never keen on her.

A fat woman with facial hair what is there to be keen on. No wonder she cries I would to if I had to stare at that reflection.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In her intro VT didn't she say that she was going to get into rows and shake everybody up?

She did say that's what she was going to do didn't she?

I'm sure she said something like that because at the time I was thinking that she might start a lot of trouble in there.
  • TanequilTanequil Posts: 366,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In her intro VT didn't she say that she was going to get into rows and shake everybody up?

She did say that's what she was going to do didn't she?

I'm sure she said something like that because at the time I was thinking that she might start a lot of trouble in there.

Yes she did, she came across as a hard nosed activist. All she has done is make tea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carole doesn't have to cry to be rubbish.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea, I like Lesley. I hope she stays. :cool:

I don't know how much I actually like Lesley as a person, but I do find it interesting to hear her observations and expressions of her thoughts in the Diary Room.
    She says the kinds of things I want to listen to housemates say in the diary room. She uses it like a kind of diary, and not just as a place to complain, bitch, showoff, and cry.
    It's almost as though she uses the time in there to express the kinds of inner thoughts that aren't always easy to articulate in conversation with other HMs.

It's as though Lesley uses the Diary Room a bit like a blog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect she isn't quite as secure as we all decided she was from her audition tape. Heaven forbid she might be human after all!
  • TonayBoyTonayBoy Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's ill then I'll give her another chance because I remember the last time I had a sore throat and a cough, I was miserable.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still love Carole. Give her a chance.