Options

When your single, and you cant find someone, what are you supposed to do?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    She will feel flattered if you ask her! If she has a boy friend then at least you’ll know and she’s out of your head.
    Remember you regret the things you don’t do the most!

Or if she says no "I have a boyfriend" say..................

Rob22
    "Oh darn, don’t I feel like a gooseberry, hahahaha, well he’s a lucky guy. His names not Tom is it cos I think I saw you with him the other day?"

Shop Girl
    Oh no his names Brian....Brian Bandocream.... do you know him?

Rob22
    Let me think........(thinking)..........Brian? Bendocream? hummmmmmm well now you mention it I do recall a bendocream being in my year at school, HA oh well see you.....................(Rob22 leaves the store with a mental note of the guys name)

Instructions
    So follow these steps EXACTLY and you will obtain all the info required to end their relationship!

Now all you need do is look up Brian in the phone book (What’s that you found him...WELL DONE!)

Now wait outside his house and see what his daily activities include! WELL LOOK AT THIS.......HES GOES SWIMMING EVERY MONDAY AT PRECICSLEY 3pm!!!

Now cover yourself in Bazooka Gel (so he doesn’t recognise you for future encounters) and secure a good digital camera.
    Follow him into the male changing rooms and BANG you’ve got the pic you’ve been waiting for NAKED BRIAN......And because Brian is an idiot, he just thought a huge white jelly baby walked into the changing room and winked at him with a glint in his smile!

So cut out on Photoshop a picture of Brian naked and superimpose him making sweet love to an Onion Bhaji!

Several days later.................

Rob22
    Hay shop Girl how’s life treating you these days?

Shop Girl
    Yeah not bad, Brian’s taking me to Zoo later to see the Rats and Pig-Hens

Rob22
    Brian! (Expels rob) your not still with that guy are you?

Shop Girl
    Well yeah? Why shouldn’t I be?

And yes showing that photo will make her fall in love with you!!!

But seriously I would ask her out for a drink
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Bandocream is the best made up name I've heard for a while :D

...it is made up, yes? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    I'm doing my absolute tip-top best, to try and take my mind off being single, but it's driving me bonkers

the past couple of days, it's been eating me alive

until the day comes, what are you supposed to do to take your mind off it?

Get a pet cat :D they are quite loving y'know
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Brian Bandocream is the best made up name I've heard for a while :D

...it is made up, yes? :D

I'm afraid it is in this case, but for all we know Brian Bendocream could be out there now watching a DVD or carving a model of a pork scratching out of kindling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob ask her out - if she has a boyfriend or something there is nothing to feel embarrassed about and she'll be very flattered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doing my absolute tip-top best, to try and take my mind off being single, but it's driving me bonkers

the past couple of days, it's been eating me alive

until the day comes, what are you supposed to do to take your mind off it?

I'm lonely too. Sob sob.:(
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend my free time playing video games. Then realise how little time I'd have for video games if I had a partner and end up no longer being sad about being single.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I'm really fed up with being single, to the extent that it's the main worry in my life, I've never experienced true love, and I'm in my 20's and feel like such a loser. I always think the places we could go and things we could do, but thoughts/dreams are the nearest I get. I go out with friends, and even tried internet dating sites and got nowhere. If I ever get on with a girl which I feel good about, there's always a catch, like they live miles away and I'll get too attached or something.

I really hate it and wonder if I will ever find that someone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dumped my bloke 10 days ago, and I feel so much better for it... We'd been together nearly 3 years and I felt like he was smothering me, I just wanted to be myself again! I love it... Now I can have fun again!! :D
  • Options
    10past310past3 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get a cat, unless you really want a cat. Spontaneous weekends away and holidays are a thing of the past when you do meet someone. The cat has to be fed. A cat is a bad idea, a long term problem as a short term fix. Unless you really want a cat.
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been single for years it hasnt bothered me too much. I have been told that i do get attached too quick which has led to my downfall. While i have made attempts to stop doing it which has worked for my last relationship of 6 months

As i said at the start it doesnt bother me too much as i like the freedom i get by being single i can have fun without much worry not everyone will find someone right away and besides im 23 still plenty of time to find someone
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - may I suggest some of this?? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2640

Though perhaps not something to look at in the office.
  • Options
    TKDFanTKDFan Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you guys are right, I should keep busy

but being lonely is so horrible.

I'm with you there Rob. I'm moving into a new flat soon, so I'm hoping I'll be so busy with sorting that out I'll forget about being single! :(
  • Options
    Russ_WWFCRuss_WWFC Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been single for ages, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I can go round to some mates if I want company and am not at the beck and call of anyone outside work. Just the way I like it.
  • Options
    TKDFanTKDFan Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really fed up with being single, to the extent that it's the main worry in my life, I've never experienced true love, and I'm in my 20's and feel like such a loser.

Well if you're a loser at 20 what about me? (I'm 42 and had one g/f at University and nothing since then) :o I've tried internet dating sites and they are a complete waste of time IMHO.
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Do things to improve your life and fill it with hobbies, interests, family and friends.

There's nothing less attractive to a potential partner than someone who has little in their life to amuse them and who is 'just waiting' for that person to come along. You'll be much better off if you come across as unneedy and self-confident.

I'm joining a gym this week. I've taken up poker, and am travelling more with friends (some taken, some single). I am playing a lot more sport that I love (golf, cricket). I go on dates. I read. I study the things I need to improve on, like become a better date, public speaker, or some work certification.

If/when you want to look for another potential relationship with very little effort then there are plenty of social networking, chat and dating sites.
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm single and can't find anyone either! Have been alone for all 24 years of my life so far but hopefully will meet the right guy one day (sooner the better ;))! I keep thinking there must be something wrong with me since no guy has ever even asked me out :(. I get quite depressed about it sometimes, but at the same time I'm quite an independent person who can cope on my own, but I don't want to be on my own forever.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem talking to women, I can talk to them fine

I just have this phobia/fear that they are going to say "no" or "I have a boyfriend", that's the part I cant handle
  • Options
    dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just have this phobia/fear that they are going to say "no" or "I have a boyfriend", that's the part I cant handle

Thing is Rob, everyone has that worry to a certain extent, when they ask out someone and they dont know their relationship status. It shouldnt be a barrier to you giving it a try, and its a good experience even if you do get knocked back, you shouldnt take it personally and just move onto the next one.
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really wouldn't worry about them saying no Rob. Its how you react to the no thats important - i once went out with a guy for over a year who i'd refused when he first asked me out.

He laughed at my response and said i didn't know what i would be missing. Every time i saw him after that he asked me out again. Each time we laughed more and more until i realised how much i liked his happy go lucky attitude and his confidence that if he persisted i'd eventually say yes.

Even if a woman can't stand the sight of you, if you can be relaxed and jokey with her she'll soon see beyond that. Its amazing how attractive someone becomes if you feel comfortable with them and they make you laugh :)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can understand where you're coming from there - I was like that many, many years ago.

I don't think women truly appreciate how daunting that prospect can be - it's fine to say "just try it", but for a bloke who feels like that, it's not that simple - it becomes your whole life in a way.

because of your lack of confidence, you build yourself up and up and up and focus on the one woman, and convince yourself that you're going to ask her out. You tell yourself that you get on so well as friends, that you'd make a perfect couple so you keep building yourself up and up and ask her out .. and she says no.

don't get me wrong, i appreciate that this can happen both ways for men AND women, but from a male perspective I do know there are many, many women who just don't understand how hard it is for some blokes to approach them to ask them out - they think it's so easy, but don't seem to realise that all the power is with them with one simple "no".
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for the advice everyone

greats posts from all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TKDFan wrote: »
    Well if you're a loser at 20 what about me? (I'm 42 and had one g/f at University and nothing since then) :o I've tried internet dating sites and they are a complete waste of time IMHO.

And me.....I'm 48 and never been in love. I've had relationships and been married, but I've never been in love. Last relationship was over 8 years ago.

I agree about dating sites.....they're rubbish.
  • Options
    Maisy27Maisy27 Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Great posts from everyone, I'm loving reading these ;)

There is a girl, who I occasionally talk too, not too often, maybe twice a month tops.

she works behind the counter in a shop, and we sometimes talk, and sometimes dont

I dunno if she fancies me though? I'm going to look a right idiot if I ask her out, and she says no.

That's the risk every bloke takes when he asks a girl out Rob - you have to risk rejection. But for all you know maybe she'd love you to ask her out. It's understandable that you wouldn't want to ask her if other people are around and might hear.

Couldn't you write a little note and hand it to her. Put something like you'd love to go out with her, but didn't like to ask her in public. Put your phone number on it, then see what happens.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I have to say - it is difficult, but it is such good advice :: get out there. Live your life. Meet lots of people. Accept every invitation.

You will meet someone. I promise.

Bookclub babe is right. The way I always think of it is that the best things in life are worth waiting for, and these things will come along when you least expect. If you look for it then you won't find it, stop looking and it'll come along.