Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    No, don't forget Hayden, this is a squad with a chance at the title. Our glorious leader said that just the other day!

Did you expect him to say this squad is only good for relegation? He knows we r fighting for 4th he is motivating then for that.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was wondering when the first thrashing of the season would come. Mind you didn't think it would be to Stoke.

In Arsene we rust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you expect him to say this squad is only good for relegation? He knows we r fighting for 4th he is motivating then for that.

Maybe instead of talking shit he should sort out his team and his tactics. He's only had a decade to do so!
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I think we're seeing today just how well that worked as a motivational tactic aren't we?

Rubbish btw. It was his attempt to motivate the fans and stop the growing dissent. Don't think that's going to work out either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    We're mad because we've got an idiot for a manager! Whose bloody fault is it we don't have enough quality support for our defence? What do you expect, we all dance for joy at being 3-0 down to Stoke? We have decent players - just not the right man at the helm to lead or motivate them.

Look at our defence today its poor. No point thinking we were going to win etc. We just xan not beat Stoke anyway with this defence it was going to be harder. People need to lower their expectations this season, you will only anger yourself. Saying Aw out after every loss has and will change what. He will go when he wants.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Wenger will never change.

We'll win our next match, cycle continues and finish fourth.

It's just mind boggling we can beat Stoke at home every time, yet lose away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think we're seeing today just how well that worked as a motivational tactic aren't we?

Rubbish btw. It was his attempt to motivate the fans and stop the growing dissent. Don't think that's going to work out either.

No way would he think fans are stupid to think we r going to win the league. Even the AKB's know we will not. Everyone in the club does.
    ustarion wrote: »
    Maybe instead of talking shit he should sort out his team and his tactics. He's only had a decade to do so!
    Yeah but he is tactically bad as we say, so his interweview makes no difference.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Well that's the revival come to a shuddering halt.

I said on here this morning that exactly this would happen. Winning three in a row would more likely be form to finish 2nd or 3rd. There is no need at all to be winning three in a row to finish 4th.

Had Stoke been midweek and Southampton today, we may well have won that and lost today. They have probably already mapped out which of the next two games they will put the effort in and which one they will not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. His teams have bad mental strength. Well lets go retain our cup.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Look at our defence today its poor. No point thinking we were going to win etc. We just xan not beat Stoke anyway with this defence it was going to be harder. People need to lower their expectations this season, you will only anger yourself. Saying Aw out after every loss has and will change what. He will go when he wants.

I lowered my expectations years ago Spidey :)

However, I like getting angry at Wenger, I find it cathartic!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yep, rinse & repeat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe finishing 5th this season will be the only way for him to leave.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all the players Arsenal have out injured, none of them are going to make a difference defensively.
    Terrible game so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said on here this morning that exactly this would happen. Winning three in a row would more likely be form to finish 2nd or 3rd. There is no need at all to be winning three in a row to finish 4th.

Had Stoke been midweek and Southampton today, we may well have won that and lost today. They have probably already mapped out which of the next two games they will put the effort in and which one they will not.

Spot on. We just have to accept we are not a top 2 team atm and move on till AW leaves. I know its bad getting smashed by stoke but in the clubs world it not going to do much to getting 4th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    I lowered my expectations years ago Spidey :)

However, I like getting angry at Wenger, I find it cathartic!

Same i just can't care till he fecks off. If i say my real thoughts Sats id be banned:D:D

We need a manager who mental toughness and balls. Someone who will build a great team. He should be sacked after this though.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is Boulds role at the club...........................is he good at making the tea ?
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way would he think fans are stupid to think we r going to win the league. Even the AKB's know we will not. Everyone in the club does.

I honestly think he believes we are all morons. Look at the numerous times he has dismissed our concerns in the past because 'they have never managed a day in football'.

And while I think you're right he won't be sacked, I continue to believe his ego is far too fragile to withstand sustained booing at the Emirates ... and that day is coming ever closer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I honestly think he believes we are all morons. Look at the numerous times he has dismissed our concerns in the past because 'they have never managed a day in football'.

And while I think you're right he won't be sacked, I continue to believe his ego is far too fragile to withstand sustained booing at the Emirates ... and that day is coming ever closer.

I think that's the ONLY way we'll see the back of him is by supporter pressure, otherwise he ain't going nowhere - bomb-proof.

He really should have gone years ago, he looks ill and not right in his head! He could have left with dignity with his reputation in tact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    Maybe finishing 5th this season will be the only way for him to leave.
    But I don't see that happening. No matter how bad things are, Arsenal will find a way to finish fourth.

It's the meek performances at Stoke, at the big grounds where the team concedes early which are infuriating.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Interested to see what excuses Wenger recycles for today's defeat.

He's had five, six good years to sort out the defence and change up the game plan at Stoke, but hasn't. Just not, not good enough.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    What exactly is Boulds role at the club...........................is he good at making the tea ?

That is extremely disrespectful. I am sure he puts the cones out very well.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F me its four! or not! and now we've scored.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost for words. A rant is due but I feel it won't get me anywhere except banned:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Comeback is on!
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mental strength
This discussion has been closed.