Scorpion: Season 1 - ITV2 UK Pace

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not nearly as bad an episode i expected it to be. I actually quite enjoyed it.

The singing incident was so minor it barely registered (clever move!). She sang a couple of throwaway lines, big deal. I enjoyed the main storyline though plus you had musicians Kid Cudi and Method Man involved. Wouldn't mind seeing more racing in fast expensive cars!

Someone really needs to get rid of the kid. Totally ruins every scene he appears in. He is SO dead wood!
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno what all the fuss was about. McPhee incident was hardly worth mentioning.

Still finding the main plot just a teensy weensy bit too far fetched, but then I wouldn't know an algorithm if it hit me with a frying pan. And if they could work out what said frying pan wielding algorithm could do from only partial notes on it then why isn't everyone with a PhD and a keyboard writing hit songs?

Oh well, so this is what it's like being thick, can't even work out the plot to a tv programme.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Dunno what all the fuss was about. McPhee incident was hardly worth mentioning.

The main objection I had is that it seemed on the face of it to be the kind of obvious 'stunt plotting' that underlines a crippling lack of imagination on the part of the writers/producers.

"Oh Look! We've cast an ex-American Idol contestant, we must have an episode where she sings!"

It felt like casting 'gimmickry' was driving the storyline and the episode only happened because McPhee can sing, which seems a bit tail-wag-dog when you're making a television series.

I didn't see the episode, btw. I said "I'm Out" and I am out, just drove by the thread to see the comments.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    "Oh Look! We've cast an ex-American Idol contestant, we must have an episode where she sings!"
    I had no idea she came from there! At least this thread has been educational :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me when it's back on? It's still going in US
    Thanks
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Real_Me wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when it's back on? It's still going in US
    Thanks

I suspect ITV will wait till they can do a straight run without breaks, so it will depend on the US schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been renewed for season 2.

Scorpion mysteriously vanished before Xmas so i thought it was on a break for the Xmas/New Year holiday period but it wasn't on last Thursday and it's not on this Thursday either.

Is it on a mid-season break?? They only showed 8/9 episodes to begin with didn't they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

Scorpion mysteriously vanished before Xmas so i thought it was on a break for the Xmas/New Year holiday period but it wasn't on last Thursday and it's not on this Thursday either.

Is it on a mid-season break?? They only showed 8/9 episodes to begin with didn't they?

There was a 2 week break over Christmas in the US, and there is a break this week. Next week there looks like 2 episodes on 2 different days.

I suspect ITV will wait till they can do a clear run.
  • Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Geektown has Scorpion back on 29th January at 9pm.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good to hear. The show is nonsense but at least it's entertaining nonsense. It's just something to watch with your brain turned off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it tonight. Have to say it was a really good episode. Good mix of silliness with action and some light drama which all made sense and wasn't too over the top. Really enjoyed it.

Cabe's ex-wife. Isn't she the political vampire leader from True Blood? She looks very familiar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cabe's ex-wife. Isn't she the political vampire leader from True Blood? She looks very familiar.
    No idea but if she works for a lobbying firm then that would be entirely consistent :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they went to Bosnia........except it still looked like the United States of America. Even the cabin in the woods that Toby and Happy found looked like a US cabin in the woods! Of course, realistically, i know they couldn't actually go to Bosnia but at least make an effort to film in locations that don't still look like the USA!

I tried to stick with it for as long as i could but i gave up after 30mins.

Jesus f*cking Christ, what a terrible episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they went to Bosnia........except it still looked like the United States of America. Even the cabin in the woods that Toby and Happy found looked like a US cabin in the woods! Of course, realistically, i know they couldn't actually go to Bosnia but at least make an effort to film in locations that don't still look like the USA!

Jesus f*cking Christ, what a terrible episode!
    Yes that was one of the worst episodes of the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stuck with it, in spite of some of the horribly predictable stuff, the 'mutual respect' thing, and the 'walter has sentimentality but under a different name' (etc).

And the nerd has more knowledge about mines and minefields than the highly trained special-ops guys...? Of course, how silly of me...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If next week's is as bad i'm done with the show.
    Forum Member

Good Call! Jessica Tuck was indeed American Vampire Association leader Nan Flanagan in True Blood
    Forum Member
    I stuck with it, in spite of some of the horribly predictable stuff, the 'mutual respect' thing, and the 'walter has sentimentality but under a different name' (etc).

And the nerd has more knowledge about mines and minefields than the highly trained special-ops guys...? Of course, how silly of me...

I want to know why Walter's sister apparently has to live in a hospital/hospice when she is nowhere near the final stages of a degenerative illness? She seemed perfectly capable of living on her own and having a job, plenty of MS sufferers far less mobile than her manage to do so all over the world. A sign of 'Body/Health Fascism' in the USA, or just shit writing?

Oh and the whole "Igor love USA" sitcom-watching local was yet another absurd and caricatured element
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They also managed to fly from LA to "Bosnia" in a military plane in a few hours ("9 hours later" I think it said). I suspect they were hoping the most of the audience wouldn't have a clue where Bosnia was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    ... I suspect they were hoping the most of the audience wouldn't have a clue where Bosnia was.
    Well obviously it's in Communist Europe which is really foreign but not that far away because you can see Russia from Alaska and that's almost the same thing which also explains why they were so dangerous.
    This is the hypocrisy of someone who never got Bolivia on the right continent :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up with the most recent episode. Wow, what an episode. Probably my favourite so far. It had everything for me. Just a really, really, enjoyable episode with some decent action and violent criminals.

Maybe Walter wouldn't be such a dick if he had got laid and hooked up with that Interpol lady! I was willing him to do it, but nah what a wet lettuce! Haha!I I still find Happy unlikeable but the other 3 in the group are alright.

I hate how this show can have one really good episode and then 2/3 bad ones after. It really is hit and miss.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this show, but agree on how it seems to do one good episode then have a couple of stupid ones. Hopefully picks up a bit more with consistent quality episodes. Fully expecting to see everyone in the group paired off at some point. Walter with Interpol lady, Paige with the kid's dad, Happy and Toby have a spark and it seems that Walter's sister and Sylvester seem to have a bit of chemistry together.
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know why next weeks is listed as 'last in the series' in the TV mags?

Did ITV2 only buy the first 12 episodes?
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wiki, there are at least 18 episodes in first season. I don't think it can be because of catching up with America, as I make it by the time episode 18 airs in America, we will be on Week 16/17 in UK.
  • telecattelecat Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Oh Look a JAG Lawyer coming soon.