Options

shows that lasted 1 season that you would like to return.

Comments

• Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    terrace nova:
    A feature length finale where it tied up the loose ends.

One series of that was plenty. The time paradox would have meant that Terranova would never have existed anyway.
    The tomorrow people:

Was this based on the old children's tv series of the 1970s?
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daybreak (Taye Diggs) and Blade The Series - both were shown on the defunct channel Bravo, I still believe Daybreak was finding its feet in season 1 but rumours I read on the net was that the US audience were too slow to engage in it - that reminds me I need to watch it again :D
  • Options
    LauraMC86LauraMC86 Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Firefly
    Flash Forward
    The Event
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Harper's Island!! It didn't have to have the same cast or setting. They could have easily done a new mystery elsewhere and fiddled with the title slightly so it made sense.

I'm another one who liked Flash Forward too.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StuBFrost wrote: »
    An old one that I still love to this day: Bakersfield PD
    YES! Fantasic series, and an amazing cast, thanks for the reminder! I hadn't really been thinking about sitcoms, but I really enjoyed Perfect Couples a few years ago, and Rob Corddry's The Winner always made me laugh, but a show about a grown man whose best friend is a teenage boy was never going to last...
  • Options
    richhoopsrichhoops Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Firefly for sure, although would need Wash back

Harpers Island is a good shout, I enjoyed it's sillyness and it could work as a retooled experience every year like American Horror Story or True Detective

Would have loved to have seen more seasons of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip though. Can't get enough Sorkin.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to have an uncanny knack of picking shows to watch that do well, and I usually get bored of them long before they are cancelled.

I'm racking my brain to think of something that I was sad to see cancelled after one or two seasons but really can't.
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember Dead Like Me? I think that only had one series & I thought that was brilliant.

Could have had another series of the ringer too.
  • Options
    lgwcmlgwcm Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    earth 2
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Dead Like Me? I think that only had one series & I thought that was brilliant.

Could have had another series of the ringer too.

It had two seasons and one not so great follow up tv movie
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several of those already mentioned, plus I'll throw Standoff into the mix.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash Forward
    The Event
    Star-Crossed
  • Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash Forward definitely showed real potential for a 2nd Season and had The Tomorrow People been given half a chance, it would have kicked it up a notch.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now and Again. A show that got everything right - from casting to the blend of intrigue, sci fi and romance - but despite the network trying very hard to get it to work as they clearly thought so too it simply never found the audience it deserved.

A similar fate has just befallen the BBC's Our Zoo, axed after one series despite seemingly getting the balance right.

In both cases I think the scheduling killed the show.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday Mornings.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked 666 Park Avenue, it could have been good.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    I really wanted "American Gothic" to continue back in the mid 1990s, my teenage self thought it was an excellent show.

If we're talking Shaun Cassidy shows then Invasion is another one that I'd have been interested in seeing continue but they let season 1 play out at such a languid pace with no real sunse of urgency that people stopped watching because it was taking ages to get nowhere, and it got cancelled.

Ironically, it was alleged on various forums that the sometimes glacially slow pace of the storyline was the result of a note from the network not to "rush" the important plot reveals! :(

EDIT: Ah, I see somebody mentioned Invasion "up thread", I should probably have read through before contributing! :blush:
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    G vs E (Good vs Evil)
    Dark Skies
    Firefly
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an old one....Brimstone.

And some blasts from the past: It's Your Move, Tales of the Golden Monkey, Bring 'Em Back Alive, Automan, Street Hawk, Manimal. If you didn't see the first three of those then you really missed out.
    Brimstone (incredibly dark and gritty. was ahead of it's time. would probs a big hit if it had been shown now)

John Glover who played the Devil in Brimstone recently appeared in Perception as a hallucination of the Devil experienced by the lead character.

I'd feel awkward watching Tales Of the Golden Monkey now given the currrent "unpleasantness" (to put it mildly) with the lead actor
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lone Gunmen.

Always enjoyed the X Files episodes that were TLG centric so I was confident Id enjoy the spin off series.

Exciting, funny, likeable cast, and endless possibilities story-wise. That Fox axed it when it was starting to gain traction is appalling.

A Gunmen reboot today could potentially be massive. Though the original cast would perhaps be slightly long in the tooth today, Frohike, Byers and Langley could cameo and pass on their paranoid wisdom to a younger, 2010s tech-savvy new group of conspiracy theorists.

And before anyone reminds me:
    that the Gunmen died in the X Files final season, 'Jump the Shark' certainly made it look like they could still be alive (hey, it's science fiction!). Also, TLG have returned alive and well in the X Files Season 10 comic book series, which Chris Carter considers canonical
  • Options
    GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    studio 60 on Sunset strip
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ringer.
  • Options
    dont_be_hastydont_be_hasty Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I'll second Invasion.
    I only watched the 1st season of it recently and really liked it. Its a shame it didn't get picked up for a second second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another one that only lasted a season and was screened about the same time as Invasion (2005/6) was Surface (renamed from its original pre-production title of Fathom, perhaps illustrating a lack of depth :)), which involved sink-holes appearing in the ocean, giant 'prehistoric' deep-sea reptilian creatures and ultimately an earthquake and tsunami that submerged the coastal towns of North Carolina (where most of the show took place) and elsewhere.

I'd have liked to see how the characters coped with a changed world where much of the land was now submerged and giant lizard creatures roamed the seas, though a huge draw for me was the producers' fondness for putting Lake Bell in a bikini (which speaks volumes as to my own superficiality :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    terrace nova:
    A feature length finale where it tied up the loose ends.

I like the idea of Terrace Nova - a disparate group of colonists sent back in time to an alternative-timeline prehistoric Earth who have to work together and build a patio to survive :D:D