Options

Children In Need 2010 Lineup

MongrelmashMongrelmash Posts: 149
Forum Member
Confirmed by celebritain.com the lineup is:
  • A special contribution from the cast of Coronation Street and EastEnders
  • A live performance from JLS of the official Children in Need single, Love You More
  • The recently-reformed Take That will perform their new single, The Flood, and in a Children in Need exclusive, will perform one of their classic hits live for the first time since regrouping
  • An extra special pop-star edition of Strictly Come Dancing
  • Additional live performances from Alexandra Burke, Westlife, The Script, The Saturdays, Ellie Goulding and Maroon 5. More acts to be announced shortly
  • Peter Andre performs a tribute to Michael Jackson
  • The Hairy Bikers' unique take on Meatloaf's A Bat Out Of Hell
  • The ladies from Loose Women give Girls Aloud a run for their money with their rendition of The Promise
  • And, of course, a very, very special, live performance by the BBC Newsreaders

Also, Take That are going to perform their song “The Flood” plus, in an exclusive for CIN, they’ll also do a classic hit together for the first time in 15 years. Whoop.

Comments

• Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And me not watching a secod of it.

Hideous thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for me either. Can't bear it. (Not Pudsy Bear of course)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found it tasteless in the extreme how it's just become yet another way for celebrities to promote themselves and plug their products under the guise of charity.

I also hate the way the BBC try to make you feel conditioned into donating/fundraising.

There is something so insincere about the whole thing.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take That’s tour-plugging performance aside that is an HORRIFIC line-up. Even worse than they usually manage - Should make for an entertaining thread!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it ALL just music?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Is it ALL just music?

It seems to be these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching it years ago.
    It may provide money for good causes and I still put money in buckets, but the night's telly is very trashy.
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancing and singing newsreaders are not amusing or entertaining. I refuse to watch CIN.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    • A live performance from JLS of the official Children in Need single, Love You More
    • The recently-reformed Take That will perform their new single, The Flood, and in a Children in Need exclusive, will perform one of their classic hits live for the first time since regrouping
    • Additional live performances from Alexandra Burke, Westlife, The Script, The Saturdays, Ellie Goulding and Maroon 5. More acts to be announced shortly
    • The ladies from Loose Women give Girls Aloud a run for their money with their rendition of The Promise

Also, Take That are going to perform their song “The Flood” plus, in an exclusive for CIN, they’ll also do a classic hit together for the first time in 15 years. Whoop.

It's going to involve Peter Andre isn't it :(
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Horrible lineup. It never used to be as bad as this, did it?
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've posted on previous Children In Need threads how I think the people who put the show together kind of feel that they can just flung anything out because there's next to no connection these days between how the show does and how the appeal does - although that said, in the current climate I'd be surprised if they got anywhere near to the £20m they got at the end of last year's show.

I can remember CIN shows in the 1990s when it did feel like a special occasion the BBC was proud of and accordingly put some effort into, but nowadays it just seems that the show - and perhaps even the cause - is run as a bit of a lazy afterthought these days.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear......is it that time of year again?? :sleep:
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the entire line-up? It seems a bit sparse (they have 7 hours to fill). There don't seem to be any West End musicals listed, and they usually have a couple of current musical casts appearing.

As others have said, the published line-up isn't exactly inspiring.

Oops, just re-read it and seen the 'more acts to be announced shortly' bit.
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen what date it is on.

19 November.

Good.

I know that I am definetly out that day so can easily avoid it:cool:
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Oh dear......is it that time of year again?? :sleep:

Fraid so,:( at least it's always on Friday's so i can go to the pub, & avoid this trash.:D
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Is that the entire line-up? It seems a bit sparse (they have 7 hours to fill).

Half of it will be a repeat of the other half as per.

Does Wigon pay for his own corset for this or does it come out of licence payer’s money I wonder.....?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always manage to avoid it, and all those people in supermarkets in fancy dress waving buckets.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I've always found it tasteless in the extreme how it's just become yet another way for celebrities to promote themselves and plug their products under the guise of charity.

I also hate the way the BBC try to make you feel conditioned into donating/fundraising.

There is something so insincere about the whole thing.
    I had always thought Wogan gave his time for free until seeing a couple of years ago that he was getting £50k (?) a programme!!! I wonder how long before Chris Evans takes over from Wogan.... he could do with a bit more exposure from the BBC!!! ;):D
    Straker wrote: »
    Half of it will be a repeat of the other half as per.

Does Wigon pay for his own corset for this or does it come out of licence payer’s money I wonder.....?
    Maybe one of these days he will become Terry Wig Off for Children in Need funds as I bet it would make a few grand!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member

In other words its a night of a thousand 'popstars' & various gonks from threadbare soap operas & daytime TV trying to get those who can least afford it to find money.

When they get Terry Wogan banging on 10/11 Downing Street with a collection tray & they get Norton , etc stood outside the headquarters of Eon, Npower , EDF , British Gas , Scottish Electric, United Utilites , tesco, Sainsburys, Asda , then we might get somewhere. What these firms avoid in paying in tax / overcharging people would more than pay for deprived children to be given a better future.

Tescos could donate the entire takings of the Friday & still not feel it. Let alone what their channels isle based interenet business avoids in VAT

Why are the BBC's politics team not out with the begging bowl around the houses of parliament. Its not like the MP's / House of Lords are pleading poverty.

'Popstars In Need' is just a threadbare night of two bit turns getting a lot of free promotion for very little in return , along with the corparate shysters trying to fool us.

:)
  • Options
    lebbon1985lebbon1985 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    I never watch CIN either.

Comic Relief tend to have a far better line up of entertainment for an evening. Though I'm sure I would get bored of that too if it was on every March.

I have always favoured the idea of Children In Need and Comic Relief alternating each year.
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They are like flies around shite them 4.... What a crock of shit. I know it is charity but that lineup is dreadful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds exactly the same as the last year, and the year before that and the year before that ect ect...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    They are like flies around shite them 4.... What a crock of shit. I know it is charity but that lineup is dreadful.

PMSL :D

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    No 'live' appearance from The Nation's Sweetheart?

I'm going to watch it in disgust :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Apart from The Saturdays I'm not at all interested - and I can catch that on Youtube after the show. Anyway I get bored if I watch the entire evening's show.