The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Good Morning JJat

sent you a P.M Nyannie
    hope you get it re may meet :D

What a few hectic days
    Son had a car accident, he is ok
    just a little bruised and shaken up, of course
    hubbie was away when this happened, so i've been running around like a blue ar*e fly. Scared the ***** out of me, this child rearing is not easy :o

will pop in and out over the weekend

Hope all are well
    Jx

Oh Georgy, so sorry to hear this. At least he's okay though....I always say what's a hunk of metal, compared to a human being? So long as he is okay, and hopefully no-one else was hurt.....:)

It's a shock though. We all go around as though we are safe in our metal boxes.....really gives you a jolt when you realise what can happen. Still, nothing worse did happen so that,s okay :D

Sorry for wittering on......thinking of you. Love and (((((hugs)))))

Lindy xx
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone, still grey down here. :(

I got all excited yesterday looking at the weather forecast for the next few days and saw bright sunshine for Monday and sunny spells for Tuesday. Looked today and now it's forecasting mist and drizzle with a sunny spell now and then, I might as well go back under the duvet. :o:yawn:

Sorry to hear about your son's accident georgy, but thank goodness he's ok if a little bruised.

Don't things always happen when OH is away, that's what I used to find? :eek:

Did anyone watch Lightfields the other night? I thoroughly enjoyed it and there's Broadchurch and Mayday to look forward to as well next week. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone. :)

Has the footie shirt (that was actually a gift) gone yet? ;):rolleyes: Off for a little look ......:D
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning!

Got your PM georgy - and have replied. Lindy - PLEASE TAKE IT EASY. YOU CANNOT DO EVERYTHING!!!!

Isn't the Mappa Mundi interesting augusta? Last time we were in Hereford we had to buy husband some trousers in M&S because he tore the ones he was wearing.

How are we all? Finished watching Saturday Kitchen and now catching up on emails etc. Haven't had any energy to do anything since my forays into London during the rush hour. Will stay with friends a couple of times.

Quiet weekend thank goodness, researching my trip to Paris in April. We have booked to see Monet's Garden. Very expensive but hope it is worthwhile.

Hopefully back later.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Have I said ive been to Monets garden? It was years ago, but it was a beautiful garden both because of its artistic significance, the water lillies pond and bridge are stunning, but also because its a beautiful garden, which is a fairly rare occurance in France, which tends to be much keener on produce than gardens...

Its definitely well worth a visit.

Hereford is beautiful but my feet are now exhausted. Isnt it odd how different the world is, when you dont have a car readily available. :eek: It lessons the attraction of just sightseeing when you have to walk a couple of miles into town and back.
    There dont seem to be any buses, and although there are taxis, they seem relatively expensive to me, But I dont often have to use them and Im used to London, where the tubes and buses are frequent and relatively cheap, so the taxis arent that much more in comparison. !!

So have we all heard the rumours about JJ2. ? All the twitter confusion about him being a father and then him telling his mates off .......for pulling pranks.

Im assuming it was all a wind up, unless I hear anything definite.....:confused:..
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Hello JJ'ters,hope you're having a good time,and keeping warm,that's if you guys are freezing as well in this cold weather.

O/T:Must be terrific weather,where John is,the least he can do,is send some sun our way:p
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    im glad your son is Ok, Car accidents can be so scary.

morning everyone.....

Thanks Augusta

any ideas,
    as to what is going on with that (so called) John Footie Shirt
    £102 :eek: silly money really :D
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Hello JJ'ters,hope you're having a good time,and keeping warm,that's if you guys are freezing as well in this cold weather.

O/T:Must be terrific weather,where John is,the least he can do,is send some sun our way:p

Hi BBlover i would love some sun x I really hate the cold x
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Oh Georgy, so sorry to hear this. At least he's okay though....I always say what's a hunk of metal, compared to a human being? So long as he is okay, and hopefully no-one else was hurt.....:)

It's a shock though. We all go around as though we are safe in our metal boxes.....really gives you a jolt when you realise what can happen. Still, nothing worse did happen so that,s okay :D

Sorry for wittering on......thinking of you. Love and (((((hugs)))))

Lindy xx

hello lindy
    you are so right, really not bothered about the car
    as long as he is in one piece
    does really make you feel sick getting that phone call

Mum i've had a accident, sends a shiver down your spine, should be use to it by now, the amount of time he was carried of the Rugby field :o

P.s and liverpool has just won, 4-0 will please hubbie as he is in Wigan watching the match :D
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Augusta

any ideas,

very silly money i dont know anyone bidding on it to be honest. :)
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, still grey down here.

I got all excited yesterday looking at the weather forecast for the next few days and saw bright sunshine for Monday and sunny spells for Tuesday. Looked today and now it's forecasting mist and drizzle with a sunny spell now and then, I might as well go back under the duvet.

Sorry to hear about your son's accident georgy, but thank goodness he's ok if a little bruised.

Don't things always happen when OH is away, that's what I used to find? :eek:

Did anyone watch Lightfields the other night? I thoroughly enjoyed it and there's Broadchurch and Mayday to look forward to as well next week. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone. :)

Has the footie shirt (that was actually a gift) gone yet? ;):rolleyes: Off for a little look ......:D

Did you make it out from under the Duvet Lena :o
    nice Sunny and mild day here
    just Lovely :D

and you are right always when the OH goes away
    something hits the fan or
    breaks down, but not all bad ;) a little quieter here :D

this john shirt business very strange :cool:
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning!

Got your PM georgy - and have replied. Lindy - PLEASE TAKE IT EASY. YOU CANNOT DO EVERYTHING!!!!

Isn't the Mappa Mundi interesting augusta? Last time we were in Hereford we had to buy husband some trousers in M&S because he tore the ones he was wearing.

How are we all? Finished watching Saturday Kitchen and now catching up on emails etc. Haven't had any energy to do anything since my forays into London during the rush hour. Will stay with friends a couple of times.

Quiet weekend thank goodness, researching my trip to Paris in April. We have booked to see Monet's Garden. Very expensive but hope it is worthwhile.

Hopefully back later.

Yeah it worked
    never sure anyone gets my pms
    its a bit hit and miss :eek: :D
    Forum Member

BB not cold today
    nice and sunny here in Surrey :D

try and keep warm
    down a whiskey that should do the trick :p
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Did you make it out from under the Duvet Lena :o
    nice Sunny and mild day here
    just Lovely :D

and you are right always when the OH goes away
    something hits the fan or
    breaks down, but not all bad ;) a little quieter here :D

this john shirt business very strange :cool:

Alex suggested it might be a publicity stunt from her management company? As a way of increasing interest and publicity for a certain someone...

which as we cant seem to find anyone who wants to vote for the shirt, might be so?
    Forum Member
    Thanks Augusta

any ideas,

What shirt?:confused:
    Forum Member
    BB not cold today
    nice and sunny here in Surrey :D

try and keep warm
    down a whiskey that should do the trick :p

You dish some cracking advice.:p
    ellemay wrote: »
    Hi BBlover i would love some sun x I really hate the cold x

Hope you're well.xxxAnd i feel the same too,boo cold.
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »
    very silly money i dont know anyone bidding on it to be honest. :)

Hello ellemay
    does seem very strange :confused:
    Forum Member
    Alex suggested it might be a publicity stunt from her management company? As a way of increasing interest and publicity for a certain someone...

which as we cant seem to find anyone who wants to vote for the shirt, might be so?

could be i suppose
    i did read something about blowing wind (marlarky) bidding:confused:
    What shirt?:confused:

josie has put a red footie shirt up on ebay saying it belonged to john , no one believes its the original by the way :o:D
    Forum Member
    You dish some cracking advice.:p

Hope you're well.xxxAnd i feel the same too,boo cold.

me clever
    have a strong drink
    is always good advice ;):p
    Forum Member
    josie has put a red footie shirt up on ebay saying it belonged to john , no one believes its the original by the way :o:D

Well that's random.
    me clever
    have a strong drink
    is always good advice ;):p

I'll keep that in mind;)
    Forum Member

Hi lover -

It is getting warmer here and we may hit 14 degrees by the end of the week. Don't know about the Oz weather - too hot for my liking.

Hope all is well with you - it would be lovely to see you at one of our meets.
    Forum Member

I agree with Alex.

Hope everyone is OK.
    Forum Member
    Me too

A publicity stunt is the most likely explanation, I think ........

Have a good day all :)
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Hi lover -

It is getting warmer here and we may hit 14 degrees by the end of the week. Don't know about the Oz weather - too hot for my liking.

Hope all is well with you - it would be lovely to see you at one of our meets. .

Certainly would ! It would be fab to meet you bblover :D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to speak to soon..... but there's a little bit of sun peeping out. :)

Hello all my fellow JJaters, hope you're all well. :)

I decided to brave it and came out from under the duvet yesterday, did a bit of shopping. Chosen some new crockery for everyday use and finally made a decision on the kitchen tiles. I'm heartily sick of bare walls that seem to leave a constant dusty film over everything. :o:(

OH is in there now wielding a paintbrush throwing on a base coat. :eek:

I see Jonno has had something to say about the footie shirt ;) he has such a way with words. :D

Just as we thought not John's....tell us something we didn't know haha. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    I don't want to speak to soon..... but there's a little bit of sun peeping out.

Hello all my fellow JJaters, hope you're all well. :)

I decided to brave it and came out from under the duvet yesterday, did a bit of shopping. Chosen some new crockery for everyday use and finally made a decision on the kitchen tiles. I'm heartily sick of bare walls that seem to leave a constant dusty film over everything. :o:(

OH is in there now wielding a paintbrush throwing on a base coat. :eek:

I see Jonno has had something to say about the footie shirt ;) he has such a way with words. :D

Just as we thought not John's....tell us something we didn't know haha. :rolleyes:

Hi Lena

It's great to get new crockery etc, isn't it? Gives me pleasure way beyond the actual cost :D

What did jonno say? :confused:

Have a good day :)
This discussion has been closed.