Anastacia due to perform next month.. Now possibly cancelled.

TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
It was confirmed on Twitter a few weeks back, however Anastacia has recently had to cancel and reschedule her European tour due to laryngitis under strict conditions from her doctor so I'm assuming an X Factor performance may now be off the cards. She was fun when she guest judged in Scotland last time receiving cracking reviews.

It's a shame as I think X Factor would have gave her UK Top 10 album 'Resurrection' some great exposure as I believe this has been her best album since 'Anastacia'.

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she can still perform if its the end of the month because with medication it can go within a week or 2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she in remission??? I hope so, she's amazing
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope she is well but I would not think an X factor performance is very likely, sadly she hasn't been relevant for about a decade
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I hope she is well but I would not think an X factor performance is very likely, sadly she hasn't been relevant for about a decade

And Mel B has?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is part of the family though
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »
    And Mel B has?

I don't like mel but she isn't expect to perform and has no expectations to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like mel but she isn't expect to perform and has no expectations to

She's still there week after week having an input.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    She's had cancer twice in the last 10 years, I think dealing with that is more important than trying to stay relevant.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what, if Anastacia is not 'relevant'. If she does make a come-back and perform on the X Factor (which would be great), she would still wipe the floor with most of the previous guests who have performed on it - she is such an excellent singer.
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised that Anastacia was even booked in the first place - she hasnt had a hit in years, and has absolutely no musical relevance to anybody in the uk except a (very small) fanbase. There is no denying she has an excellent voice, and I do wish her well as she has had the most awful health issues, but it would be akin to having Daniel Bedingfield on or something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »
    It was confirmed on Twitter a few weeks back, however Anastacia has recently had to cancel and reschedule her European tour due to laryngitis under strict conditions from her doctor so I'm assuming an X Factor performance may now be off the cards. She was fun when she guest judged in Scotland last time receiving cracking reviews.

It's a shame as I think X Factor would have gave her UK Top 10 album 'Resurrection' some great exposure as I believe this has been her best album since 'Anastacia'.

That was a false rumour, she was never booked to perform.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else is on that week... Kavanagh?
  • kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised that Anastacia was even booked in the first place - she hasnt had a hit in years, and has absolutely no musical relevance to anybody in the uk except a (very small) fanbase. There is no denying she has an excellent voice, and I do wish her well as she has had the most awful health issues, but it would be akin to having Daniel Bedingfield on or something like that.

Well that would be a dream come true for me as seen him live many times and he is brilliant and sadly missed! :D
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I would be very very suprised had she of been booked to perform due to the non relevance thing others have mentioned , however that's not to say I agree with that, in fact i would like it if they had maybe one of the 2 performances each week as someone like this who is well known to the audience but not so much of a big chart player anymore, I'm still holding out for a mc busted performance but again consider this unlikely
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd much prefer to see her than many acts they could book who you might call "relevant". The best tracks don't go off like mouldy bread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    So what, if Anastacia is not 'relevant'. If she does make a come-back and perform on the X Factor (which would be great), she would still wipe the floor with most of the previous guests who have performed on it - she is such an excellent singer.

They have had some of the biggest singers in the world who havent been 'relevant' such as celine dion, lionel richie, whitney houston, janet jackson etc
  • Harrison_FisherHarrison_Fisher Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    kazzy wrote: »
    Well that would be a dream come true for me as seen him live many times and he is brilliant and sadly missed! :D

Daniel would be such an awesome guest performance! He was a judge/mentor on The X Factor NZ and also on the world X Factor with Paula Abdul and Louis Walsh and performed on both. I'd love to see him as a judge on The X Factor UK! Daniel left his record label and released an independent EP called Stop the Traffik - Secret Fear last year (smarturl.it/secretfear, https://soundcloud.com/usvstheminc/sets/daniel-bedingfield-secret-fear, youtube.com/danielbedingfld)

XF Performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P66c-VWWm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrF29SQ80gY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPu28j0E2tM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a false rumour, she was never booked to perform.

Ah I forgot that you were her manager. The rumour was in fact true.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she can still perform if its the end of the month because with medication it can go within a week or 2

It depends on how severe it is. Full blown laryngitis with complete voice loss, which is the most frightening ,weird thing in the world, can last for weeks and take months to completely recover from .

Vocal fatigue from overuse and often improper technique paired with the aftereffects of a bad cold, the seemingly most common malady to effect X Factor contestants, is a problem, but not actual acute laryngitis.It's possible, though not always smart if avoidable, to sing with that condition. With severe laryngitis, you cannot even make a sound when you try to speak.