Options

SCD Week 10 ("Around the World") Discussion Thread (Sat 7pm/Sun 7.15pm)

1454647484951»

Comments

• Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I voted for Sunetra so much in the early weeks. :cry:

Mark is lucky he wasn't up against stiffer competition.

Yeah but Judy left a few weeks ago... ;-) :D
  • Options
    Fiddly_FeltzFiddly_Feltz Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been very happy with the eliminations this series......no shocks.....no outrages.

If the trend continues it's between Mark and Jake next week.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Mark would deffo beat Jake in a DO, IMO:)

Yes, he would, shame that he wasn't in the DO, he certainly deserved to be after that mess last night.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, he would, shame that he wasn't in the DO, he certainly deserved to be after that mess last night.

I agree Walter but EE fans are keeping him in :D
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised you're saying that - I agree with all that DeltaBlues said - spot - on observations. Brendan's definitely not as happy and engaged this year as he was last - you could see it a mile off how much he was enjoying getting Sophie to the finals. I do think he misses the old crew a bit as well - they were together a long time, James & Ola, Vincent & Flavia, Katya & Erin.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Erin and particularly Katya were quite steamy on ITT this week, to be fair. ;)
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that all of the judges simply said 'the couple I'd like to save...' No mention of who danced best in the DO.
    erm, isn't that the same thing?

It always surprises me when I come across someone who still actually believes the judges judge based on the dance-off alone. Of course they don't - they're not going to get rid of a better dancer just because their dance-off attempt goes a bit wrong, that'll only happen if there are two dancers of fairly similar aptitude and even then the judges would probably be split.

Sunetra's an elegant ballroom dancer, but her Latin's never been that good, whereas Mark is reasonably competent in both and has had a couple of standout weeks that Sunetra hasn't. And one has been in the bottom 2 three weeks running, the other hasn't. Not hard to see what way that decision was always going to go, as many of the posts in this thread at the time showed!
    Neither was I. I just heard her say 2 new dances. :D

It's not two new individual dances, as Len explained very clearly on the results show what will happen is each couple will dance their one new dance, then they'll all be on the floor dancing a waltz at the same time.

What Frankie was referring to is the fact that she hasn't done the waltz since week 1 so it'll feel like new, and they'll be learning a new waltz routine to do during the waltz-a-thon.
    That was really poor of Jake to blame the backing dancers. As someone else pointed out, how do we know Jake wasn't in the wrong position?

Not really if it's true, then it's just honesty. In any case I think whether Jake was in the wrong position or not is fairly irrelevant - the pro was employed in a backing dancer role, so the onus was on them to take the avoiding action. The lead/star in a dance generally does what they want and the backing dancers adapt to them, that's their role.

Plus Janette was very clear last night in saying that things like that happen, so it's not as if they're being particularly malicious about it - and indeed what Jake actually said was simply a statement of fact that another dancer crashed into them, because that is what happened - it was the backing dancer who was moving more at the time!
    It seemed to me that Brendan was saying goodbye.
    I'd be surprised to see him back competing next year.

He might be a good judge though. :)

I'd love to see Brendan as a judge next year, would be great to have someone on the panel who really knows their stuff and can also judge from experience!
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Sunetra was better in the dance off than Mark, shame she left.

That's what I thought too. Sunetra took the judges advice and really used her legs more, whereas Mark's performance was less inspired the second time around.
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    Something along the lines of the collision being the fault of the extra dancer, rather than himself.
    The judges, including Craig had already all agreed that the backing dancer had bumped into Jake which unbalanced him. However it was a very silly song (Greek????!!!) for and Argentinian dance) ??!!! for the producers to have for an AT. Also the choreography did Jake no favors - not Janettes fault as choreographed by AT choreographers with little AT content - Jake was in not showcased in this dance as was the case with some of the other celebs e.g. Pixie and Frankie who were beautifully showcased. Jake was jinxed this week. I hope he gets the Charleston next week so that there can be a fair comparison. The Waltzathon will favor Pixie and Frankie - hope Simon does well in it. The final needs a male celeb
  • Options
    skimpy_scampiskimpy_scampi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably loads will disagree but I though Karen looked quite masculine doing that dance.

Said exactly the same to OH. Some of the moves were ugly and unfeminine. She has strong looking legs and looks facially fierce - especially in slow-motion.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    They're all doing a waltz at the same time ;-)

Should make them do a Vienese Waltzathon, lots of people spinning into each other would be funny.:D:D