· Your Greatest Hits (England and Scotland) 13.00 – 16.00 – John Leslie

· Home Run 16:00 – 19.00 (Scotland) Ally Bally (England) Nick Wright

· Evenings (Scotland and England) 19.00 – 22.00 – Ray Rose

· Love Songs (Scotland and England) 22.00 – 02.00 Gina McKie

· Overnights (England and Scotland) 02.00 – 06.00 Paula Whitelock

Saturdays
· Breakfast 07.00 – 10.00 (Scotland) John Collins (England) Mike Read

· Mid mornings 10-00 14.00 (England and Scotland) Darren Kelly

· Game on 14.00 – 18.00 (Scotland) Game on Football commentary (England) Game On music and goals with Adam Catterall

· The Saturday Night Party Evenings 18:00 – 22.00 – (Scotland and England) Micky Gavin

· The Soul Show 22:00 – 02:00 (Scotland and England) Keith Martin

· Overnight 02.00 – 06.00 (Scotland and England) Arlene Stuart

Sundays
· Breakfast 06.00 – 08.00 (Scotland and England) Micky Gavin

· Mornings 08.00-11.00 (Scotland) Mike Riddoch (England) Mike Read

· England’s/Scotland’s Talk In 11.00 – 13.00 (Scotland) Ally Bally (England) Tom Davies

· 80’s Show – 13.00 – 16.00 (Scotland and England) James Grove

· Afternoon’s 16.00 – 19.00 (England and Scotland) – Tony Blackburn

· The Country Show 19.00 – 22.00 (Scotland and England) – Gary Muircroft

· Long Songs (Scotland and England) 22.00 – 02.00 Gina McKie

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appears 60's and 70's have been dropped.
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So from where will the main feed come from? From that do I assume that there are cutbacks on the Scottish "2" stations that already exist? And, is this a mixture of Glasgow hosting programmes and from where in England will the network feeds originate?
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Better than I expected. At least Riddy is still on Sunday mornings.
    Forum Member
    I would have preferred Jim Symon instead of Gina McKee though.
  • david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Wi-Fi wrote: »
    The full schedule is as follows:

Weekdays
    · Breakfast 06.00 – 10.00 (Scotland) Alan Edwards (England) Nick Jackson

· Mid Mornings (England and Scotland) 10.00 – 13.00 – Darren Kelly

· Your Greatest Hits (England and Scotland) 13.00 – 16.00 – John Leslie

· Home Run 16:00 – 19.00 (Scotland) Ally Bally (England) Nick Wright

· Evenings (Scotland and England) 19.00 – 22.00 – Ray Rose

· Love Songs (Scotland and England) 22.00 – 02.00 Gina McKie

Saturdays
    · Breakfast 07.00 – 10.00 (Scotland) John Collins (England) Mike Read

· Mid mornings 10-00 14.00 (England and Scotland) Darren Kelly

· Game on 14.00 – 18.00 (Scotland) Game on Football commentary (England) Game On music and goals with Adam Catterall

· The Saturday Night Party Evenings 18:00 – 22.00 – (Scotland and England) Micky Gavin

· The Soul Show 22:00 – 02:00 (Scotland and England) Keith Martin

· Overnight 02.00 – 06.00 (Scotland and England) Arlene Stuart

Sundays
    · Breakfast 06.00 – 08.00 (Scotland and England) Micky Gavin

· Mornings 08.00-11.00 (Scotland) Mike Riddoch (England) Mike Read

· England’s/Scotland’s Talk In 11.00 – 13.00 (Scotland) Ally Bally (England) Tom Davies

· 80’s Show – 13.00 – 16.00 (Scotland and England) James Grove

· Afternoon’s 16.00 – 19.00 (England and Scotland) – Tony Blackburn

· The Country Show 19.00 – 22.00 (Scotland and England) – Gary Muircroft

· Long Songs (Scotland and England) 22.00 – 02.00 Gina McKie

Dave Campbell has been dumped to be replaced by that has been John Leslie. An utter travesty.
  • Les WiresLes Wires Posts: 6,610
    Forum Member
    Keith Martin following Tony Blackburn on Sunday's used to be a good line up.
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Bill Torrrance on a Sunday? (Scotland):o
    Forum Member
    No Bill Torrrance on a Sunday? (Scotland):o

I'm surprised at that. I'm very surprised Micky Gavin has so many shows also.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after the last round of cuts most of the ones who survived have lost there jobs . i live in the nw of england and the ones i know are ian roberts,dave campbell,steve phillips ,vicki archer ,john caine . tom davies gets a talk show which stands out like a sore thumb .keith martin is down to 1 show late on a saturday .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after the last round of cuts most of the ones who survived have lost there jobs . i live in the nw of england and the ones i know are ian roberts,dave campbell,steve phillips ,vicki archer ,john caine . tom davies gets a talk show which stands out like a sore thumb .keith martin is down to 1 show late on a saturday .

Looking at the new lineup,it seems to be geared towards Scotland. The different timings seem to be what Clyde2 and Forth2 had. The Tom Davies talkin goes out at the same time as the one from Glasgow which was already running.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    So from where will the main feed come from? From that do I assume that there are cutbacks on the Scottish "2" stations that already exist? And, is this a mixture of Glasgow hosting programmes and from where in England will the network feeds originate?

Looks like the afternoon show and overnights will be from Glasgow with Nick Wright, Ray Rose and the English breakfast show from Newcastle.

The change in timings bring the ex Magic stations in England in line with the timings that have applied in Scotland for some time. The English stations have changed to fall in line. You can draw your own conclusions as to where the power lies.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1956 wrote: »
    Looks like the afternoon show and overnights will be from Glasgow with Nick Wright, Ray Rose and the English breakfast show from Newcastle.

The change in timings bring the ex Magic stations in England in line with the timings that have applied in Scotland for some time. The English stations have changed to fall in line. You can draw your own conclusions as to where the power lies.
    Wrong. The Scottish AM shows went 6 to 10, 10 till 2, a request show at 2 then Drivetime at 3.
  • Casey B SeeCasey B See Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Such a shame that an 80s show is being given priority over 60s and 70s on a Gold station. Was quite looking forward to a shake up of the Bauer City 2 stations, but starting to think i'll regret the day that Magic North dissapears.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame that an 80s show is being given priority over 60s and 70s on a Gold station. Was quite looking forward to a shake up of the Bauer City 2 stations, but starting to think i'll regret the day that Magic North dissapears.

I was under the impression "2" was for 60s, 70's and 80's, "3" was for 90's and 00's and "1" was current and recent old skool.
  • teeveeteevee Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I assume that both Glasgow (Clyde) and Edinburgh (Forth) will both be providing programmes for the network.
    Forum Member
    teevee wrote: »
    I assume that both Glasgow (Clyde) and Edinburgh (Forth) will both be providing programmes for the network.

Tay will be providing Ally Bally I imagine.
    Forum Member
    Paula Whitlock, Micky Gavin, Arlene Stuart and John Leslie I assume from Edinburgh, as said Ally from Dundee with the other Scottish progs from Glasgow- would this be correct ?
  • radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paula Whitlock, Micky Gavin, Arlene Stuart and John Leslie I assume from Edinburgh, as said Ally from Dundee with the other Scottish progs from Glasgow- would this be correct ?

Sounds like Scottish radio for the whole of the UK. A bit like Scottish MPs voting on English only matters.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member

If that is true then its wrong. They should all come from the one place either Edinbugh or Glasgow imcluding Ally. You can't build a station or a team if everyone is based in different places. These are big gigs and the presenters should be prepared to commute.

I am gobsmacked Ally is staying. Does he really have a big following?
    Forum Member
    Sounds like Scottish radio for the whole of the UK. A bit like Scottish MPs voting on English only matters.

I wish the eye roll emoticon was still there.
    Forum Member
    Station ID wrote: »
    If that is true then its wrong. They should all come from the one place either Edinbugh or Glasgow imcluding Ally. You can't build a station or a team if everyone is based in different places. These are big gigs and the presenters should be prepared to commute.

I am gobsmacked Ally is staying. Does he really have a big following?
    No, different parts of the country should be represented.
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Bauer are creating local 'place' stations but then removing any scrap of local content from their presenters. Note to Bauer: don't pretend you give a fig about local markets when you don't. At least Global have been honest about it down the years.
    Forum Member
    I was only mentioning not for any political merits but just purely as I thought the presenters which were native to Forth would broadcast from Edinburgh, Clyde presenters from Glasgow etc.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    No, different parts of the country should be represented.

They can still do this but all shows shoukd be from the same studio.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ally seems to be fireproof it seems. Not sure he is a drivetime style presenter either.