C&vg

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
Forum Member
✭✭
The magazine is closing. It was one of the first video game magazines i bought:(

Comments

• GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I used to buy it sometimes (depending on freebies) when I was a teenager, sad to see it go both in magazine form and online.

My main magazine was probably the official PS mag for the demo discs, before that mean machines and then Nintendo Magazine System.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know they still made the magazine. Its sad to see the site go as its still a regular favourite of mine. But this news doesn't surprise me as the site has been in decline for a while now. When they started focusing on US news over UK news it lost what made it stand out.

RIP C&VG.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine many of these magazines will last too much longer. By the time they go to print and are on shelves, the news is old. Unless they can secure exclusive news or interviews, what's the point ? They have little to offer to the gaming community anymore.

I still have all my ps1 and ps2 magazines in th attic tho. Nostalgia and all that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I can't imagine many of these magazines will last too much longer. By the time they go to print and are on shelves, the news is old. Unless they can secure exclusive news or interviews, what's the point ? They have little to offer to the gaming community anymore.

I still have all my ps1 and ps2 magazines in th attic tho. Nostalgia and all that.

Yeah I agree there isn't much point any more.

They were great years ago, I recall buying one just because it had all heart locations for Zelda ALTTP and I was only missing one! (The sneaks put plastic round the mag so you couldn't check in the shop). Mind you I didnt remember the ones I had actually found so had to check quite a few locations, I think it turned out that it was one in death mountain in the end.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought CVG closed years ago! 😇 ... That & MeanMachines used to keep me upto date in the pre-net days! 👏👍
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The magazine stopped years ago - it's the website that's closing now:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/483033/features/messages-from-the-editors/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    The magazine stopped years ago - it's the website that's closing now:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/483033/features/messages-from-the-editors/

Yeah in 2004 which makes sense as who buys games mags any more.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The magazine is closing. It was one of the first video game magazines i bought:(

the october 1985 issue was my first every games mag
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 1st ever mags

Edited by Dominik Diamond??
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Still got the first issue I ever bought, December 1988.

Yes, 1988.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah in 2004 which makes sense as who buys games mags any more.

I used to buy dozens back in the 80's but the only mag worth buying now is Retro Gamer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Still got the first issue I ever bought, December 1988.

Yes, 1988.

I have every issue (although I bought the first years or so of it some time later, the rest at the tme so late '82 on). I had articles & tips in it from '84 to '86!
    Forum Member
    Superb, you'll have to upload some pics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can get all the 80s ones over on WoS (Some of those and a few bits of other stuff of the era in the WoS archive are my scans) -

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/C+VG/
    Forum Member
    Nice one, I'll have a look - thanks.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I stopped buying magazines when Readly started.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah I used to buy it sometimes (depending on freebies) when I was a teenager, sad to see it go both in magazine form and online.

My main magazine was probably the official PS mag for the demo discs, before that mean machines and then Nintendo Magazine System.

I used to love mean machines. Readers used to send their photos in and the editors used to rip them to shreds:D. I kept all my old copies in my Mum's attic. Unfortunately they seem to have just disintegrated over the years.

Computer and video games must have been one of the longest running mags though.