Simon Cowell desperate to sign judges!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
Simon Cowell is reportedly getting desperate to sign some judges up to The X Factor 2013.

Auditions with the judges start in the summer and there’s been no word on just who will be on the panel this year.

While Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh are widely expected to return, there’s still lots of speculation on the other two judges.

Simon has called on Gary and Louis to lend a helping hand.

An insider told Star magazine this week: “Simon’s been confiding in Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh, saying his dream line up would be them alongside Sharon Osborne and Nicole Scherzinger.

“He’s been begging Gary and Louis to make calls to the girls to get them to sign the contracts

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    easy...

show them the money!!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money cannot buy happiness...and Simon clearly does not understand that saying.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got to call his judgement into question if he thinks Gary and Louis are part of a dream team,
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not flaming Sharon Osborne! she tries to turn it into her show and has never picked a winner yet. I know Cowell likes his women but he doesn't have to have a second female if there are better male judges.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think both will be back. Sharon can't demand big money when she has been persona non grata on UK TV these past few years.

And Nicole never had it so good last year, after her disaster of a year on X Factor USA.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Not flaming Sharon Osborne! she tries to turn it into her show and has never picked a winner yet. I know Cowell likes his women but he doesn't have to have a second female if there are better male judges.

Neither has Gary Barlow.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel b would be a good choice and will young
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel b would be a good choice and will young

The judges have been chosen, all bar the actual announcement. They're just negotiating fees.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Gary's staying, but I like Louis, Nicole and Sharon.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Barlow may have many talents but he would be more suited to The Voice than X Factor. He is just too serious for the pantomime XF became at its peak and its no coincidence that viewing figures have gone down since his arrival. (I dont mean this as criticism of him btw)
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »

I've said it many times before but I really do think the best panel X Factor UK has had was the brief stint Nicole had in 2010 alongside Simon & Louis. Simon obviously won't be back but Gary, Nicole & Louis would be perfectly adequate to take the show forward. Nicole seems able to rub Gary up the wrong way and make him lighten up a bit.

I'm not against Sharon coming back but if they're trying to make the show look and feel different this year, then they need to revert to 3 judges for the time being. Another 4 judge panel will yet again be compared to the Simon, Cheryl, Dannii and Louis panel, and might end up in the shadow of the current Britain's Got Talent panel.

American Idol saw the ratings go up when they reverted to 3 judges, but fell by quite a bit the following year and have this year completely crashed since returning to 4 judges.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I just want Nicole back, I don't really care about the rest....:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this rate I can see Simon Cowell just moving Alesha and Amanda over to the X Factor panel.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    At this rate I can see Simon Cowell just moving Alesha and Amanda over to the X Factor panel.

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is louis walsh still there.. hes done, hasnt had an act in the final since jls and now they have split up
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    why is louis walsh still there.. hes done, hasnt had an act in the final since jls and now they have split up

He's not responsible for the acts post the show, as he doesn't manage them. And considering the categories he's been given in the past, is it any wonder his acts dont go to the final?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now there are stories about Mel B joining. I thought if Nicole wasn't interested her job would go to Tulisa?
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Now there are stories about Mel B joining. I thought if Nicole wasn't interested her job would go to Tulisa?

That's what I thought. This is all very confusing, I thought Mel B couldn't do it because she's already judging 2 talent shows?
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I don't care who any of the other judges are as long as Nicole comes back.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    In this interview, Dermot says the judges are "95%" sorted:
    http://shows.stv.tv/the-x-factor/news/224558-dermot-oleary-talks-x-factor-shake-up-the-new-judges-scots-hopefuls/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

I don't know about you, but I take this that the judges are done and dusted and all the stuff about Simon being "desperate" to sign them is the usual crap in the press. Maybe there is a bit of finalising stuff, but I bet they know exactly who is on the panel.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHARON SHARON SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo want her back!!! The shows been so dull without her!!!

Agree with Dreammaster695, Louis really needs to go!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SHARON SHARON SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo want her back!!! The shows been so dull without her!!!

Agree with Dreammaster695, Louis really needs to go!!!!

(In the video above) Dermot: "Louis will survive Armageddon" There is your quote.