Mike & Molly... dire stuff

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is hilarious, the cast are brilliant and the ratings are very good in the US. If you don't like big people then no one is forcing you to watch it but to bash the show because the actors/characters are big is shameful! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    MCRicken wrote: »
    This show is hilarious, the cast are brilliant and the ratings are very good in the US. If you don't like big people then no one is forcing you to watch it but to bash the show because the actors/characters are big is shameful! :rolleyes:

No one is bashing the show because it has fat people in it, what a weird assumption to make and based in what evidence exactly? People dislike the show because it's poorly written and overreliant on obvious humour especially fat jokes. Now that's sorted out, you can go back to watching Mike and Molly and Mrs Browns Boys....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UserXYZ wrote: »
    No one is bashing the show because it has fat people in it, what a weird assumption to make and based in what evidence exactly? People dislike the show because it's poorly written and overreliant on obvious humour especially fat jokes. Now that's sorted out, you can go back to watching Mike and Molly and Mrs Browns Boys....

:confused: I don't watch Mrs Browns Boys, I don't find it funny! And actually there were a few posts previously that touched on the weight and size of the people in the show.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCRicken wrote: »
    :confused: I don't watch Mrs Browns Boys, I don't find it funny! And actually there were a few posts previously that touched on the weight and size of the people in the show.

:rolleyes:

No. ONE person touched upon the fact that the show tends to rely heavily on jokes about fat people.

That's not having a problem with fat people, but a problem with the repetitive material in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucho wrote: »
    Horrible horrible show. I understand it could be 'big' in America but why oh why to UK TV execs think we need to watch a show with such people in it? When I think about it I get a bit of sick in my mouth.
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

No. ONE person touched upon the fact that the show tends to rely heavily on jokes about fat people.

That's not having a problem with fat people, but a problem with the repetitive material in the show.

My interpretation of the comment from lucho above is indeed relating to the size of the people in this show. Using 'Big' the way he does suggests he's not referring to the shows popularity especially when he claims it makes him sick in his mouth. :rolleyes::rolleyes: That's MY interpretation of his comment, maybe I'm wrong but that's how I read it.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,253
    Forum Member
    I sometimes wonder if the blind items on numerous sites that they hate each other are true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Best comedy show
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Mike & Molly. Especially Victoria and Carl's Nan. And Mike's Mum.

Could do without Carl as he just makes my skin crawl.

I don't think they even remotely realised Melissa's career would take off the way it has. Newer episodes seem to be much more based around her doing her thing. Which I don't mind as I think she's very funny. I just hope they don't go too far and underuse the other excellent comedy talent they have.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    The joke's on Mellisa, contracted to do this while a film career is growing.

Reminds me of the Pearce Brosnan and Remington Steele saga.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    The joke's on Mellisa, contracted to do this while a film career is growing.

Reminds me of the Pearce Brosnan and Remington Steele saga.

Funnily enough, one of Melissa's upcoming film roles is as a secret agent (with Jason Statham!) in "Susan Cooper"...
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch this last night? I missed it so will be watching later tonight when comedy central replays it at 7.

I'm liking the look of the reboot from the trailer but I do think the show is for people who like Mellisa's movie characters... and I do so it should be right up my street :)
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were a bit confused watching it at first, seeing Molly fall out the window, drinking and still mentioning about trying to have a baby when we were sure she had revealed she was pregnant at the end of the 3rd season.

It wasn't till I did a quick google search that we realised they had basically written that final season 3 episode out of the series and she is no longer pregnant.

I'm guessing either they had no ideas of where to go with the show of Melissa McCarthy didn't want to be pregnant in the show.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    We were a bit confused watching it at first, seeing Molly fall out the window, drinking and still mentioning about trying to have a baby when we were sure she had revealed she was pregnant at the end of the 3rd season.

It wasn't till I did a quick google search that we realised they had basically written that final season 3 episode out of the series and she is no longer pregnant.

I'm guessing either they had no ideas of where to go with the show of Melissa McCarthy didn't want to be pregnant in the show.

I was madness!! Before I started watching I said to hubby 'how did it end?' and he said 'she told them all she was pregnant'.

Then I realised part way through the first half it hadn't been mentioned, then when she gave her defence at the hearing she didn't mention it, then came the beer!!!

Sorry but that is really bad writing. In fact its bat sh1t mental :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly could have miscarried and they are jst not mentioning it. That would explain the breakdown and the fact she and mike looked upset when she said she was sorry she could't give mike the baby he wanted.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That seems a bit bizarre.. especially to just ignore what happened in the last episode.

Surely it'd be easier just to write that she wasn't pregnant (just a false reading by the kit) and then that leads to her changing her job/jumping out the window..

Even with the bizarre happenings there were some good laughs in the episode.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miscarriage is obviously what happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed last nights episode. I'm really liking the changes they have made, The only thing I'm not to thrilled about is we are now seeing less of Victoria and Joyce.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen a couple of episodes, not comedy gold but funny enough.
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the first season, second was ok but I am struggling with the third. It's gotten a bit stale for me. I think that about Hart of Dixie which I used to love but its gone all slapstick and ridiculous.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigraboi wrote: »
    Bet Melissa McCarthy is regretting signing up for this just as her movie career is taking off - she's probably now tied into a contract for years assuming it keeps getting renewed. I've seen it a few times and just don't think it's all that funny. Although if it rates well in the US, then presumably the cast make the big money so doesn't matter whether it's funny or not to them lol

The movies she's been in are dreadful. Mike and Molly is the perfect place for her.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They changed writers this series. There are two versions of the series 3 ending. One with the pregnancy bit cut out. Because they new writers decided they didn't want her pregnant.

No miscarriage. Just new writers thinking viewers are happy to ignore the end of a whole series arc lol.

Still I love MM and will happily watch the show. Not her fault the writers are idiots.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what's happening with this show on Comedy Central?? They've dropped it from the schedule same as the middle and the millers.. Bizarre
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happening with this show on Comedy Central?? They've dropped it from the schedule same as the middle and the millers.. Bizarre

I think it was because they were ahead of the U.S airings so they stopped them for a while. But now they've finished in the U.S (or atleast M&M has) I'm wondering too when it's coming back on. There was only like 5/6 episodes left anyway.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the fans of the show, a heads up, S4 resumes next week on Comedy Central.

4.18 is on 21:30 on January 6th.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I binged all four seasons during the summer and I think it is a lot better then what it is made out to be. Melissa is pheom. The writers know how to write for her. If anything she is slightly toned down. I find her a bit OTT in her movie roles. It has a fantastic quirky cast. The initial plot of the show is very been there done that but the writing and acting trump over it.