The Official X Factor USA 2013 Discussion Thread

1707172737476»

Comments

• Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    It is a shame Kelly has been axed. She is an excellent judge and mentor.:( I suppose the producers of the show just want a complete, fresh new panel for the next series and it shows Kelly drew the short straw.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a shame Kelly has been axed. She is an excellent judge and mentor.:( I suppose the producers of the show just want a complete, fresh new panel for the next series and it shows Kelly drew the short straw.

I didnt like any of these three so Im happy. I thought they had some good moments at the audition but neither worked in the live shows.

I didnt realised Simon was exe producer. His name was never listed although I know hes been overseeing it. The four challenge was cool, Jamie King was incredible with his stage design do its def got potential.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    New panel and new role for Simon

According to the Jan. 13th print edition of Star Magazine both Kelly and Paulina have been fired from the show. Simon has decided to start fresh with a completely new judging panel next season and we have also heard that his wings as an executive producer will likely be clipped too. His changes over the last two seasons have not payed off and so the powers that be at Fox believe that someone besides Simon needs to be working behind the scenes to really spin the show in a better direction.
    Noooooooo Kelly nooooo whyyyyyy I want my Kelly!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think axing Kelly was a big mistake. Having a clean slate of new judges does not always work out so at least they could've counted on Kelly to be the sensible (head) judge. I don't think she put a foot wrong this last season. Take American Idol last season, brought 3 new faces but kept Randy... XFUK Series 8,brought on 3 new faces but kept Louis. Ah well where is this show heading anyway with all these changes.

But on the other hand I'm quite happy Kelly can focus on promoting her new album now since she didn't bother to sing a note while working on a talent show
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Kelly as a judge, even though at the end she thought all of the contestants were great - this often happens as the judges get to know the acts personally.

I would like to go back to having two male and two female judges - it seemed unbalanced to me having just one male (even though it was Simon).

As the Latino act did well, I suppose it is inevitable that there will be an appropriate judge next year. I suspect that much of the UK audience is not too excited by this type of music, but generally the UK does not like country acts either (unless they are not told that they are country!).

I do not know if it has been confirmed that the next series will be shown on UK TV? I doubt that it did its viewing figures much good here by being shown on Saturday morning. No doubt many, many viewers record it anyway, to miss the adverts (and possibly much of the chat, as I do).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »

I like how Simon admitted that sometimes the wrong acts win I hope A&S do well post show.
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every year there are stories like this every year concerning x factor, nothing is confirmed until between march-may time. ps: sure I read the other day that paulina and Kelly had been rehired, so you don't know what to believe, I guess we'll have to wait and see, I personally would love to see Kelly back, she was an amazing mentor/judge in 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Jeff deserved it and probably needed it more to be perfectly honest, quite gutting to see him lose it at the final hurdle.

It's quite funny how every year we also hear the same people saying "This will be the final series, no chance they'll renew it!". You've been saying it since the first series.

Interested to see who they get on the panel. Chopping and changing every single series hasn't exactly helped though.
    I hope they don't change the panel again, but I hear demi is definitely leaving and maybe simon. ps: chopping and changing the panel every year is definitely not helping at all. ps: this was my favourite season, lots of talent. Hope Kelly is brought back, my favourite judge of the series. Ps: I was so gutted too when Jeff didn't win, sure I heard there was just 1% between the winner and runner up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clare32 wrote: »
    I hope they don't change the panel again, but I hear demi is definitely leaving and maybe simon. ps: chopping and changing the panel every year is definitely not helping at all. ps: this was my favourite season, lots of talent. Hope Kelly is brought back, my favourite judge of the series

ps: but Paulina is car crash tv.theyd be mad to re hire her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    New panel and new role for Simon

According to the Jan. 13th print edition of Star Magazine both Kelly and Paulina have been fired from the show. Simon has decided to start fresh with a completely new judging panel next season and we have also heard that his wings as an executive producer will likely be clipped too. His changes over the last two seasons have not payed off and so the powers that be at Fox believe that someone besides Simon needs to be working behind the scenes to really spin the show in a better direction.
    Sure I heard that it might be changed to a different channel for next season. Anyway no decisions have been made concerning the judging panel, they aren't usually decided until between march-may time.ps: we know demi is definitely not coming back, as she will be on tour for most of next year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »
    I suppose paulina coming back would be a disaster but she did get carlito into the finals and finishing in 3rd place.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    The1Kuda wrote: »

Her act got to third place though, something which Demi could not do for two years on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her act got to third place though, something which Demi could not do for two years on the show.
    True, I suppose I didn't really like Paulina to begin with but she did an amazing job mentoring Carlito getting him to 3rd place, really liked Carlito in the end and I hope him and Jeff get the record deals they deserve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing is officially confirmed until between march and may time. I hope its not true that Kelly isn't coming back. she was the best judge by a mile, and did amazing with Jeff getting him to 2nd place. Amazing song choices every week, they would be mad not to rehire her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Act was good. Judge was not. I never heard her say anything constructive to the other acts
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clare32 wrote: »
    Sure I heard that it might be changed to a different channel for next season. Anyway no decisions have been made concerning the judging panel, they aren't usually decided until between march-may time.ps: we know demi is definitely not coming back, as she will be on tour for most of next year

First comes the goss,followed by speculations then after that comes the confirmation. They pretty much confirmed new panel,new changes st the press conference. Simon said its important that it evolves and that the panel reflects the changes.