Options

One twist too many?

Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
Forum Member
✭✭
I like the twists this week, but I feel that when Davina has to explain the lies and then the twist to the housemates, there will be too much information to take in, that the impact of BB's deception will be lost.

A far better scenario would have been to stick with the two lies, and for Davina to simply say "The 7th housemate to be evicted is............(whoever it is)" and then look at the utter shock as that person had no clue they were even up.

Comments

• Options
    ParmesanParmesan Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well yes - then WE really would have decided!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Paul1511 wrote:
    I like the twists this week, but I feel that when Davina has to explain the lies and then the twist to the housemates, there will be too much information to take in, that the impact of BB's deception will be lost.

A far better scenario would have been to stick with the two lies, and for Davina to simply say "The 7th housemate to be evicted is............(whoever it is)" and then look at the utter shock as that person had no clue they were even up.
    Excellent excellent idea

You listening Endemol - GBP should decide :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parmesan wrote:
    well yes - then WE really would have decided!

Well there is that as well, but I was just focusing on the impact of Friday's eviction show. As other threads suggest, the show could be a shambles because of all the confusion and chaos of Davina firstly explaining the lies and the twists; followed by the quick decision of the HM's to make their eviction choice.
  • Options
    ParmesanParmesan Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote:
    Well there is that as well, but I was just focusing on the impact of Friday's eviction show. As other threads suggest, the show could be a shambles because of all the confusion and chaos of Davina firstly explaining the lies and the twists; followed by the quick decision of the HM's to make their eviction choice.

yes you're right - how long did it take for a lot of viewers to completely understand it! Even Dermot had trouble :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus, when Davina announces that the first lie is that nominations were compulsory, the Housemates will automatically realise the second lie anyway.

It would be much more impactive on eviction night to tell the second lie first, and then explain the reason that the other six are up instead, is as a result of the first lie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote:
    ...A far better scenario would have been to stick with the two lies, and for Davina to simply say "The 7th housemate to be evicted is............(whoever it is)" and then look at the utter shock as that person had no clue they were even up.

Exactly! Surely that would be more shocking? Honestly, I could pick better producers off this forum than Endemol's lot.

In fact, does anyone know if there are any BB fans working with/as producers?

Edit - Thinking about this scenario, I can just see Kemal, Anthony and Craig in their eviction outfits, psyching themselves for the audience and Davina, and the person who would be leaving in their normal clothes.

Then Davina's announcement and all of the housemates be shocked :eek: - Of course, it would be even better if they had no time to get changed, if they only had a minute before being evicted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    This is why I keep asking how it's all going to work tomorrow. It's too much to fit in! It's not going to be good TV if we can't revel in the shock of the smug ones who have been thinking they were safe all week.

Maybe there will be a revelation a bit earlier?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Or BB could call all HMs other than the two voted by the public to the diary room one by one and tell them to vote for a HM to evict, after placing their vote that HM would be told to wait in the secret garden and the next HM will be called to do the same thing.

Dont know if i explained it well but i think its a good idea.
  • Options
    mooniemukmooniemuk Posts: 1,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the OP. I think the shock value at just a simple eviction would have been immense. I think this is what we call over egging the pudding
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another idea (ignoring the 'housemate vote' tomorrow night)...

At 9.25 Davina says one of the 3 (Kemal, Anthony, Craig) is to be evicted at 10.

At 10 Davina says that was one last lie, and then reveals the real evictee and gives them one minute to say goodbyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I think on Friday , Davina should say nothing to the housemates, and pretend that e.g Kemal is evicted, he will get up to leave, say his goodbye etc and then is put in a secret room for a few hours.

Then half an hour later Davina comes back on and tells them that there will be a double eviction and the HM's that didnt nominate were up for eviction as well and then announce that e.g Orla is evicted

All Hm's think that Kemal and Orl are gone, but surprise kemal is back a few hours later!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think on Friday , Davina should say nothing to the housemates, and pretend that e.g Kemal is evicted, he will get up to leave, say his goodbye etc and then is put in a secret room for a few hours.

Then half an hour later Davina comes back on and tells them that there will be a double eviction and the HM's that didnt nominate were up for eviction as well and then announce that e.g Orla is evicted

All Hm's think that Kemal and Orl are gone, but surprise kemal is back a few hours later!!!

Good idea - let him watch the live feed with their reactions to him leaving!
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The HMs dont listen now to whats being said, so as soon as Davina says the first lie ie: A,C,K are not really up for eviction the rest will be drowned out by the screams+shouting from the rest of them. £ndermol just FORGET about the HMs voting, as the voice says Who goes you decide, thats us NOT them. For goodness sake listen to the people who pay to keep this show on tv the GREAT BRITISH PUBLIC
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plan will be revealed to the housemates when the suitcases are delivered, it has to be for the simple reason that as soon as they see 6 suitcases instead of 3 they will work it out, there's no way of holding on to the secret any longer. That will give them a few hours of frantic running around like headless chickens. I doubt that in those few hours though that they will, for one moment, think there will be a final twist when they're told to evict one of the two nominated housemates, it's going to be a 'On the spur of the moment decision' for them to make, a decision they'll have no time to prepare for.

Making an instant decision like that could find them making the wrong decision which they may live to regret. The outcome of this scenario could go either way......either it's going to make for good viewing or it could be a disaster, who knows.
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This twist has resulted in BB's trademark slogan being changed.
    It's gone from "who goes, you decide"
    to "who faces the housemates vote, you decide"

This emphasises the point that this one twist has had too much of am impact on the show as a whole.

Having said this I'm looking forward to the HM's reaction.
  • Options
    VillaVilla Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing about this first twist is that if its Makosi and Vanessa who are nominated, they will be shocked that they are the most unpopular because i think they assume because Max's gang were booed that it means Team Diva will be loved. They will be clueless to who is actually popular after this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Villa wrote:
    The good thing about this first twist is that if its Makosi and Vanessa who are nominated, they will be shocked that they are the most unpopular because i think they assume because Max's gang were booed that it means Team Diva will be loved. They will be clueless to who is actually popular after this.

I agree...people like Craig, Derek & Science have a rough idea, having experienced the eviction process before but Makosi & Vanessa haven't a clue...they will get quite a shock when they realise they're not as popular as they think. :p
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Endemol have concocted this HM decide vote to say Makosi, there is no way if Makosi is up with someone else the HM's will be able to vote in secret, they will have Makosi sitting and staring at them so whoever she is up against will go. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moogester wrote:
    Endemol have concocted this HM decide vote to say Makosi, there is no way if Makosi is up with someone else the HM's will be able to vote in secret, they will have Makosi sitting and staring at them so whoever she is up against will go. :mad:

I can't see any reason why they can't nominate in the Diary room in secret...I agree if that they all have to nominate openly, Makosi will stay but going into the security of the Diary room puts a different perspective on things, (I was shocked to see Kemal nom Makosi), he wouldn't have done that in the open.

Many people thought Max was Endemols winner but we were wrong, the same fate awaits Makosi, she's not guaranteed immunity by the powers that be....we might have them wrong again.