The Tamera Foster Appreciation Thread

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    We need to pick a good song for her, it's either:

1) The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face...
    2) This Woman's Work...
    3) Emotion...

Wtf is up with these choices??? :confused:

What will give her that moment?
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Poor thing everyone giving her such a horrible reaction! Why the hell are they booing her? She forgot her words yes - but she's had 5 incredible performances!
    I think they were maybe booing more at who was in bottom 2 . Well I'm glad she is through yes she deserved to probably be there but Rough Copy and Hannah's fanbases should have voted to save them !
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I voted This Woman's Work by Maxwell as her Jukebox choice. Louis Walsh such a vile man, he keeps throwing shade at Tamera. Though part of me thinks this is just a ploy to make sure people keep voting for her so she'll make it to the final.
    Forum Member

2) This Woman's Work...
    3) Emotion...

I'm going to vote The First Time I saw your Face I think she could have a real moment with that song but I like This Woman's Work as well it's hard .
  • venusstarvenusstar Posts: 4,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you vote I'm going to vote the first time I ever saw your face.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm going to vote The First Time I saw your Face I think she could have a real moment with that song .

I was going to vote for that initially but I think Maxwell's This Woman's Work could really work for her, it's different and quirky.

Plus The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face has been done so many times before and it's going to draw comparisons.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member

2) This Woman's Work...
    3) Emotion...

I've got the App but where do I vote I can't find it ?:confused:
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like The First Time but I think it would be her best choice to get her into the semi-final.
    Is Emotion the Destiny's Child / Bee Gees song? I really like that too.
    Forum Member
    I found it !! I voted The First Time I Saw Your Face I personally prefer both This Woman's Work and Emotions as songs but I think The First Time I Saw Your Face will appeal more to the casual viewers and I think she could have a moment with it .
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I voted This Woman's Work by Maxwell as her Jukebox choice. Louis Walsh such a vile man, he keeps throwing shade at Tamera. Though part of me thinks this is just a ploy to make sure people keep voting for her so she'll make it to the final.

Tactical plot is possible :)
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That long Roberta Flack song propelled Matt to the win. Will that work for Tamera, though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm glad she's safe ! :D but she needs to completely smash it next week no room for screwing up .

She has no choice I'm afraid and she has 2 songs to do
    Forum Member
    Which one has the best moments? Where her voice can just completely take over - like with the big notes. I think it would be First Time.

I don't know which one to vote for...it depends on again the moments. I don't want it to be like Wishing On a Star which was lukewarm.
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I was going to vote for that initially but I think Maxwell's This Woman's Work could really work for her, it's different and quirky.

Plus The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face has been done so many times before and it's going to draw comparisons.
    True I went with The First Time in the end though as I think that song will attract the casual viewers more and I think she could have a moment with it .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which one has the best moments? Where her voice can just completely take over - like with the big notes. I think it would be First Time.

I don't know which one to vote for...it depends on again the moments. I don't want it to be like Wishing On a Star which was lukewarm.

I thought she sung well on that and personally shouldn't have gone in the B2 that week but there were various factors why she did. In my opinion, I thought Listen was quite average - even last week she sung well but forget her lyrics
    Forum Member

I would go with The First Time as I think she could have a potential moment with it but that's just me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! The last 30 seconds of her song was great, but it was crap overall :/

Beautiful last 30 seconds, though.

It was indeed.......and was enough to convince the public that she is good enough for next week :)
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The low notes at the start are very hard, though.
    Forum Member
    The First Time would really allow her higher range to shine and would possibly give her a moment. We'll have to see.
    Forum Member
    Only have an hour left to vote in the App for choosing songs I will be happy with either The First time I Saw Your Face or This Woman's Work .
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some posters on the main forum are ridiculous. :D :yawn:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69278703&postcount=2

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69280759&postcount=2

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69280991&postcount=8

In all those posts I mentioned a Top 5 finish. That was a month ago. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Some posters on the main forum are ridiculous. :D :yawn:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69278703&postcount=2

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69280759&postcount=2

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69280991&postcount=8

In all those posts I mentioned a Top 5 finish. That was a month ago. :rolleyes:

It's alright Connor. The lengths the Tamera fan detractors (I don't even know what to call them because it's not just against Tamera but also her 'obsessive' fans) go to is slightly worrying. They will talk about anything. I'm not even quite sure what on earth the discussion is about. It seems to me to be a non-discussion (you said this, I said that).

And just because we defend her, it's seen as overindulgent/OTT. Ridiculous really. That's why they're attacking Tamera fans now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera fans will get attacked or deliberately targeted no matter what. My approach towards Tamera has been fair - been honest on a lot of things and critical BUT the support for her is there and I've maintained that. What I dislike is when certain DS members accuse us of being "obsessed" and in a "gang" - talk about *pot kettle black*...enough said.
    I don't think I've accused anyone of being obsessed with their favs. Although, on one thread, I did highlight some of Tamera's problems or issues, but in a good way and hopefully in a constructive manner. What happens next for her remains to be seen - she may get a deal with Syco or she may not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

2) This Woman's Work...
    3) Emotion...

Her best chance will be the Roberta Flack track. Kate Bush originally did This Woman's Work. She needs to stay well away from that one..... it's not going to suit her at all. Who came up with these three song choices anyway? Other than 'The First Time...' , they're terrible choices for her.
    Forum Member
    Her best chance will be the Roberta Flack track. Kate Bush originally did This Woman's Work. She needs to stay well away from that one..... it's not going to suit her at all. Who came up with these three song choices anyway? Other than 'The First Time...' , they're terrible choices for her.

I agree. They are.

When are we going to get an Ain't Nobody track.

Like Misha B who fell into the B2 whenever she changed a song into something uptempo and fun, I won't care so much if Tamera goes having done performances which are fun and upbeat in her own way. Like Ain't Nobody. Or do a contemporary ballad like Beneath Your Beautiful which she understood perfectly. She wouldn't understand songs like Cry Me A River and I Have Nothing but she is being made to do this sort of thing...it's getting annoying. :mad: Hopefully she'll do a great job with First Time...which I SO HOPE she gets.