The Following - Season 2

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Filming started on Season 2 a few days ago! Can't wait to see what happens.

What do people want to see in the next Season?

Comments

• Jella17Jella17 Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I really wonder what they can do with it. I don't think they will kill off ryan or the bad guy (can't remember his name!) We never saw a body so I think he's alive and there will be more followers I guess with more extreame actions :)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too don't know where they are going to go with the second season, as the story to me appears self-contained and limited.

I would guess that Emma will have a big role and that someone, maybe a victim will become some type of vigilante and start hunting down the followers, becoming a serial killer in the process.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I too don't know where they are going to go with the second season, as the story to me appears self-contained and limited.

I would guess that Emma will have a big role and that someone, maybe a victim will become some type of vigilante and start hunting down the followers, becoming a serial killer in the process.

Yeh that could possibly happen. Ryan will never die unless its in the last episode!

I wonder how Mike will be after everything that happened? When Ryan asked if he was OK in the last episode, he said 'no'...which is very understandable!
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Oh I also can't wait to this starts again.
    Ryan will not be dead,also think that the leader of the cult will not be dead (no body being found).
    Hope that B***H Emma gets whats coming to her nice and painful....................(not usually like this but just can't stand her).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emma annoyed me a lot, but I found her intriguing all the same. Can't wait till it returns!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky Atlantic has announced a start date for Season 2 only a day after it's broadcast in the States

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/12/sky-atlantic-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-the-following-season-2/
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe is 100% not dead and returning.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i liked the concept when he was in prison and had all these pre planned attacks. it was new and innovative.

then when he escaped it became a bit generic, still well executed but nothing special.

it would not surprise me in the slightest if in the next season they throw in the odd case that is nothing to do with Joe Carroll at all.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just about managed to make it to the end of Season 1 but I certainly have no intention of putting my hand in the fire again :)
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just about managed to make it to the end of Season 1 but I certainly have no intention of putting my hand in the fire again :)

Same here - it was dire! While it was unintentionally funny it was so badly conceived and executed it was painful to watch at times. The only one who could act was the child! (OK, slight exaggeration, but he acted Bacon and Purefoy off screen every time) The only half decent character with any intrigue or interest (FBI Lady) was killed off along with anyone that showed any promise character or acting wise. The best thing about it was the thread ripping it to shreds :D Oh, and it not being on TV for several months:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not long to go, I'm really excited :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just been reading an interview with the writer about season 2 and the stuff with Mike sounds very interesting
    "I think Mike and Ryan's relationship is a key focal point to this entire season...[But the trauma from what happened with Debra last season] is nothing compared to what happens this year for [Mike]. He gets pushed to the absolute limits of his sanity, and his ability to cope with something. He has quite an interesting journey"

What could it be?
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I consider the Following to be possibly the worst big budget major TV series that I have ever seen. The whole thing was a cliche driven contrived mess. The big baddie and supposed cult leader was a charisma free zone. How anybody found this show to be tense or frightening is beyond me. The whole thing was a laughable joke. Will not waste any time watching the second season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lojen wrote: »
    I consider the Following to be possibly the worst big budget major TV series that I have ever seen. The whole thing was a cliche driven contrived mess. The big baddie and supposed cult leader was a charisma free zone. How anybody found this show to be tense or frightening is beyond me. The whole thing was a laughable joke. Will not waste any time watching the second season.

For me, I love Kevin Bacon's Ryan and find him very watchable on screen. I also love Mike and love their relationship. For me, it's just watching them trying to hunt the bad guy. I just go with it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Just been reading an interview with the writer about season 2 and the stuff with Mike sounds very interesting
    "I think Mike and Ryan's relationship is a key focal point to this entire season...[But the trauma from what happened with Debra last season] is nothing compared to what happens this year for [Mike]. He gets pushed to the absolute limits of his sanity, and his ability to cope with something. He has quite an interesting journey"

What could it be?

Could he be joes son?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could he be joes son?

The age gap is too small, surely? However, that would definitely make Mike be pushed to the absolute limits of his sanity
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 weeks today it starts :D
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 weeks today it starts :D

The US premiere date has been changed to the 27th as the 2-hour season finale of 'Sleepy Hollow' is being aired on the 20th, so the UK will most likely get it on the 28th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    The US premiere date has been changed to the 27th as the 2-hour season finale of 'Sleepy Hollow' is being aired on the 20th, so the UK will most likely get it on the 28th.

Oh :( I've found a few articles saying the 21st?
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh :( I've found a few articles saying the 21st?

It was originally due to start on the 20th in the US as part of a 2-night premiere event but it has been put back a week:

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/fox-gives-sleepy-hollow-a-2-hour-finale-adjusts-the-following-premiere-again

I wonder if Sky Atlantic are aware of the change.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I won't be bothering with Season 2 sadly. I stuck it out til the end of Season 1 but it was just a bit rubbish.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

This definitely
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some trailers and interviews with the cast about Season 2 and it does seem like it will be very different from Season 1. I read a review of the first episode and they said that they are righting a few wrongs from Season 1 and it's a good Season opener.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen some trailers and interviews with the cast about Season 2 and it does seem like it will be very different from Season 1. I read a review of the first episode and they said that they are righting a few wrongs from Season 1 and it's a good Season opener.

In the words of Carol King,

"And it's too late, Bacon, now it's too late
    Though we really did try to make it
    Something inside has died
    And I can't hide and I just can't fake it"