Brad Pit refused part in 12years a slave to avoid shocking kids

tareqtareq Posts: 45
Forum Member
Brad pit has reportedly refused a main part in his upcoming film 12 years a slave amid concerns that his young children would get disturbed by the shocking emergency.

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Well he's an actor acting, its his job, but I admire him for having principles. Fair enough :)
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's in a fortunate position as an actor being able to pick and choose his roles, most actors don't have that luxury and have to take whatever they can get...
  • pwuzpwuz Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather not shop at tesco, but ethics go out of the window unless you are insanely wealthy.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    What is the OP talking about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Brad Pitt has a small role in the film? He's definitely a producer...
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brad is a method actor so basically becomes who he is playing and then stays in part all through filming. I imagine he didn't want to take this character 'home' for obvious reasons.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I could pick and choose what to do like these A-listers, I sure as hell would. Must be nice.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Brad is a method actor so basically becomes who he is playing and then stays in part all through filming. I imagine he didn't want to take this character 'home' for obvious reasons.
    Well, as Olivier said to Hoffman - "Try acting, dear boy...it's much easier"

(Note: that's one of the versions of the line out there on the interweb)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    What is this thread about? He's one of the producer of the film and has a cameo in it. Plus what does "shocking emergency" mean? Shocking emergency of what?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    What is this thread about? He's one of the producer of the film and has a cameo in it. Plus what does "shocking emergency" mean? Shocking emergency of what?

I figure the OP meant to write imagery, otherwise wtf?
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is? Are you sure?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chiwetelu Umeadi "Chiwetel" Ejiofor, OBE is a likely Oscar contender for his role in the film, which has got excellent reviews. Brad Pitt would have been hopeless in the part and completely unconvincing.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Chiwetelu Umeadi "Chiwetel" Ejiofor, OBE is a likely Oscar contender for his role in the film, which has got excellent reviews. Brad Pitt would have been hopeless in the part and completely unconvincing.

I assume the reference was to Michael Fassbender's part...

But I think Brad would have been hopeless and unconvincing in that role too.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

? Fassbender took the role of slave owner that Pitt was originally considered for, not the lead which is Ejiofor. And yes, the reviews suggest it's a stunning piece of work by McQueen and the above two and should definitely be an Oscar contender.

I like Pitt as an actor but I'm glad he settled for a cameo/producer role here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really do want to see this film, although I'm sure I'm gonna cringe in horror.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's in a fortunate position as an actor being able to pick and choose his roles, most actors don't have that luxury and have to take whatever they can get...

Exactly. He'll be wealthy enough to EASILY live off the interest that he and his wife will be getting every week.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Exactly. He'll be wealthy enough to EASILY live off the interest that he and his wife will be getting every week.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with this particular film. He took a cameo role because the one he was originally up for is an extreme and difficult one, for numerous reasons. Fassbender was a far better choice for it in any case, since he's a much more compelling presence than Pitt.

Regardless of how wealthy actors are, they can still make choices that have nothing to do with a pay check.