Luke: "Rach is two-faced in DR" Davina: *nods*

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
Forum Member
During his eviction interview, why didnt she correct him? He was speaking as if he had seen her in the DR mouthing off and backstabbing.

He hasn't, but Davina has.

She could have and should have corrected him. I didn't like her allowing him to completely rubbish Rach when he was clearly making it up because he didn't like her.

Comments

• mumof4mumof4 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ2008 wrote: »
    During his eviction interview, why didnt she correct him? He was speaking as if he had seen her in the DR mouthing off and backstabbing.

He hasn't, but Davina has.

She could have and should have corrected him. I didn't like her allowing him to completely rubbish Rach when he was clearly making it up because he didn't like her.

we now know that LUKE AND BEX were davinas favs,

She did not tell either that Rachel is actually a nice person, maybe we should get someone else instead of her.
  • chiarabellachiarabella Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina is not a good impartial interviewer, she sucks up to any evicted housemate she has liked and she often likes the more contraversial figures. Of course if they take that tiny tiptoe onto the other side of the line she will be the first to condemn them
  • RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina will not dare criticize the Miracle Child.

It will be difficult for Luke to get home tonight with Davina hanging out of his backside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mumof4 wrote: »

She did not tell either that Rachel is actually a nice person, maybe we should get someone else instead of her.

She has told other housemates that very thing though. It seems odd she didn't tell Puke and Shrek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Davina is just BBs puppet on a string.

Obviously there are plans for Lukes career. The whole thing has been a sham this year.

It has become very obvious that BBLB and BBBM are also promoting certain housemates. Or is it me becoming more cynical?

Anybody else feel the same?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    sandy1 wrote: »
    Davina is just BBs puppet on a string.

Obviously there are plans for Lukes career. The whole thing has been a sham this year.

It has become very obvious that BBLB and BBBM are also promoting certain housemates. Or is it me becoming more cynical?

Anybody else feel the same?

I agree. I love Davina. But this year she seems more controlled over what she can and cannot say to the HMs. The 9pm HLs show she is always funny and making fun of them all but the interview section is a bit bad this year. :confused:

Maybe they want to do a "Good Cop, Bad Cop" between her and BBBM - the audience in BBBM can have a go without bringing the show into hot water, but if Davina does it the show will suffer more.....just a thought....anyone agree?
    Forum Member
    oh and why did Puke get off so easy on BBBM too? Although, to be fair, they didnt have nearly enough time to bring up all the issues they should have with him. :p

I hope the Final when they have them all on it is extended to at least 90mins!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not as though it's an opinion. It's objective truth. Rachel is fake.
    Forum Member
    but about being one thing in the house and another in the DR is clearly not true as he made it out to be. Davina should have piped up about that bit?

Whether REAL or FAKE she is the same in the DR and out and I think that was really unfair to allow that tirade to go on without adding some truth to it....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether REAL or FAKE she is the same in the DR and out and I think that was really unfair to allow that tirade to go on without adding some truth to it....

I agree. It would have also made for great TV to see his face when she told him that.
  • PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »

It is not, and by the very nature of the programme, cannot be 'objective truth'.

Whatever Davina did or did not say, Luke will not have known what Rachel was/is like in the DR, and we will have seen some of it.

The audience/public, therefore, will make their own mind up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. It would have also made for great TV to see his face when she told him that.

complete waste of time telling him. the lad is convinced he's right on everything.
  • floraandfaunafloraandfauna Posts: 8,520
    Forum Member
    I agree. I love Davina. But this year she seems more controlled over what she can and cannot say to the HMs. The 9pm HLs show she is always funny and making fun of them all but the interview section is a bit bad this year. :confused:

Maybe they want to do a "Good Cop, Bad Cop" between her and BBBM - the audience in BBBM can have a go without bringing the show into hot water, but if Davina does it the show will suffer more.....just a thought....anyone agree?
    She's always been controlled, although I do wonder to what extent she is controlled over the interviews, remember Maxwell, Saskia, and Makosi. She was quite nice to Maxwell and Saskia who were despicable, yet Makosi who gave us the most entertainment in that year, she was really cold towards and allowed the audience to heckle her, she could have told them to stop but she didn't.

I haven't had respect for her since, and nothing she has done since that diabolical episode has made me think she is a good interviewer :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mumof4 wrote: »

It has been proven that Davina is definitely anti-Kathreya.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's always been controlled, although I do wonder to what extent she is controlled over the interviews, remember Maxwell, Saskia, and Makosi. She was quite nice to Maxwell and Saskia who were despicable, yet Makosi who gave us the most entertainment in that year, she was really cold towards and allowed the audience to heckle her, she could have told them to stop but she didn't.

I haven't had respect for her since, and nothing she has done since that diabolical episode has made me think she is a good interviewer :mad:

i actually watched the makosi interview on youtube recently and was surprised at how harsh she was on her, i thought makosi was great entertainment. one of the best contestants ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

During the season run of BB7, Davina was definite pro-Nikki to the point that it wasn't until the moment Aisleyne finish in 3rd place on The Final Night (including beating Nikki out to be THE last woman remaining in the BB house!!! :D) that Davina FINALLY try to convince some members of the eviction crowd that Aisleyne was an awesome HM after all.

THAT fact proves to me that Endemol/Brighter Pictures don't already dictate Davina's emotions. Most of Davina's opinions are her own.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreadful interview all round, don’t know why they bother any more, she never asks any interesting questions or raises any relevant points. I appreciate that to some extent she is told what to say but still, she’s a terrible interviewer, the whole thing was dominated by Luke whilst she just smiled indulgently and kissed his arse. :rolleyes:

I don’t think she understands the concept of impartiality as well, Luke was a favourite of hers so she just giggled and gawped whilst he came out with typical Luke spiel about Rachel. Any decent interviewer would have corrected him and followed up with some more questions regarding his attitude to Rachel and co. That would have lead for more interesting results than giggling like a school girl.

The increasingly poor eviction interviews, the horribly thought out twists which they seem to think we need and BB’s agenda, make me more and more disillusioned with BB. I was so hopeful till recently about this series, it seemed as though they had improved on past mistakes, but they never learn.
  • imbackimback Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TonyVanDam wrote: »
    It has been proven that Davina is definitely anti-Kathreya.

good point!
    i actually watched the makosi interview on youtube recently and was surprised at how harsh she was on her, i thought makosi was great entertainment. one of the best contestants ever.

bad point!

Anyone who can see through Kat is OK by me. Anyone who took Makosi at face value and was unable to see how clever and amusing she was gets the thumbs down.

Hmm, dilemma dilemma!

Makosi's interview gets Davina the Moron of the Year award though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:^^ i just said she was a great housemate. how is it a bad point?
  • floraandfaunafloraandfauna Posts: 8,520
    Forum Member
    She was the star of that series, she went downhill towards the end but for the majority of the time she was the star ;)
    TonyVanDam wrote: »
    During the season run of BB7, Davina was definite pro-Nikki to the point that it wasn't until the moment Aisleyne finish in 3rd place on The Final Night (including beating Nikki out to be THE last woman remaining in the BB house!!! :D) that Davina FINALLY try to convince some members of the eviction crowd that Aisleyne was an awesome HM after all.

THAT fact proves to me that Endemol/Brighter Pictures don't already dictate Davina's emotions. Most of Davina's opinions are her own.

My post was a bit ironic as I don't believe for one second that Davina's interviews are controlled by anyone, I think there's things she can and can't say but on the whole it's down to her how the interviews go. From what I saw of BB6 or 7 (can't remember) with Maxwell, Saskia and Makosi, I do not think she is told how to behave, I think personal feelings come into the interviews with her.

It's wrong and biased and we need a host who can remove themselves from what's going on, especially one who champions the nastier HMs :mad:

Edit: I didn't like the way she treated Aisleyne either, during the series and the interview!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »

That was the second time that I have heard Luke allege that Rachel uses the DR to slag off other HMs. Even his mother could not defend him on that one. It is simply is not true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,277
    Forum Member
    Wodge wrote: »
    She has told other housemates that very thing though. It seems odd she didn't tell Puke and Shrek.

No she didn't tell Bex either. I remember she did tell Belinda when she started to go on about how they couldn't really be that nice. Why did you not confront either Bex or Luke about it, Davina?

Simple... she's a crap presenter, always has been. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,277
    Forum Member
    20 Pence wrote: »
    That was the second time that I have heard Luke allege that Rachel uses the DR to slag off other HMs. Even his mother could not defend him on that one. It is simply is not true.

Luke always assigns things he would do/does himself to other people. Obviously he can't believe that a person he dislikes as much as Rachel hasn't been doing the same thing to him in the diary room that he's done to her.

Nasty little toad. Ugh! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 Pence wrote: »

It is called projection. It is exactly what Luke has been using the DR for from Day 1!
  • merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think BB knew that people like Luke and Bex just wouldn't listen anyway to be honest. So it would be a complete waste of interview time trying to argue the point with them. It was obvious with both of them that they were off on their own little rants about other HM's and were not listening properly to what Davina as saying.

She corrected Belinda and Mario who both did actually draw breath in their interviews and listen to what she said.

Her nodding was more like a sarcastic 'yeah, yeah, yeah' to me.