US remake of Sensitive Skin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
Forum Member
Sensitive Skin was one of the hidden gems on BBC2 & now the US are to remake it with Kim Cattrall in the Joanna Lumley role. Urgh ! The only good thing about this news is it may introduce more people to the original.

Funnily enough Samantha in S&TC is a descendant of Patsy in AbFab, Kim Cattrall seems to be shadowing La Lumley's career.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a97239/new-sex-comedy-for-kim-cattrall.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show was so underrated - it was absolutely brilliant.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, it'll be awful*

Anyone know if the BBC series is going to be renewed?

*manditory remark about US remake
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    The series 2 dvd was released a couple of weeks ago. I think one of the best things about Sensitive Skin was the music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    I loved Sensitive Skin - never got the credit it deserved. I might treat myself to the DVDs :D

You underrate Kim Cattrall, I think. I saw her in Whose Life Is It Anyway? in London a while back, where she played a woman paralysed from the neck down and she was fabulous - can be a very subtle, moving actress..... not just her SATC self. This could be interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the BBC series is going to be renewed?

No, I read somewhere that the writer/producer/director Hugo Blick, only ever intended it to run for 2 series & the last series did end on a final note.

I can't see how the US remake will have much in common with the original at all, apart from Blick being a producer. It will no doubt be longer, more eps per season, but the whole melancholic black comedy tone will be hard to duplicate. It will be interesting to see who they cast as Denis Lawson's character.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to trash it before I see it
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see Kim Cattrell playing the role quite well.

As others have said, Sensitive Skin was very underrated.