Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regular posters correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Matthew say his wife opened and operated that twitter account for him????

:confused:
    Yes I was going to post the same. Sure something was mentioned along those lines a while ago. So take heart Valentine looks like it was Amelia biting you not Sicknote :D
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Yes I was going to post the same. Sure something was mentioned along those lines a while ago. So take heart Valentine looks like it was Amelia biting you not Sicknote :D

She's as big a charmer as her husband then. She should grow a pair, open an account in her own name - linked to his, if necessary, with her being a nobody - and not hide behind him. How pathetic.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    She's as big a charmer as her husband then. She should grow a pair, open an account in her own name - linked to his, if necessary, with her being a nobody - and not hide behind him. How pathetic.

I have been a caller a few times, and often my emails were read out as well, but its strange, my emails are now always ignored and I have not been asked to speak on the phone for quite some time.
    This sudden disfavour coincides with the time I wrote in to complain about Matthew's talking over people and him belittling callers opinions.

- he's always done it, but there was one call where he was particularly horrid to a lady who didn't deserve the treatment he gave her and I was so annoyed I emailed in to complain about him.

Blackballed ever since.
    Can't be coincidence.

So, yes, he's very mardy when criticized.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »

Perfect! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a caller a few times, and often my emails were read out as well, but its strange, my emails are now always ignored and I have not been asked to speak on the phone for quite some time.
    This sudden disfavour coincides with the time I wrote in to complain about Matthew's talking over people and him belittling callers opinions.

- he's always done it, but there was one call where he was particularly horrid to a lady who didn't deserve the treatment he gave her and I was so annoyed I emailed in to complain about him.

Blackballed ever since.
    Can't be coincidence.

So, yes, he's very mardy when criticized.

No wonder he didn't get any further in his journalistic career than 'entertainment' reporter - imagine how he'd stamp his feet and sulk if someone he tried to doorstep sent him packing?! What a big girl's blouse!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically the panel have a problem with the fact that the No campaign tried to win.

Damn that nasty elite.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK which one of you phoned in with the Pole joke.:D

Matthew would have voted YES, I'm staggered.:o:)
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not been asked? I get the impression that the callers which make it to air are the only ones which phoned up. And when they don't take any calls, no-one rang up.
    No wonder he didn't get any further in his journalistic career than 'entertainment' reporter - imagine how he'd stamp his feet and sulk if someone he tried to doorstep sent him packing?! What a big girl's blouse!

Indeed. He's clearly wanted a big role on the BBC for some time, but he's stuck on C5 in an ever-declining show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Not been asked? I get the impression that the callers which make it to air are the only ones which phoned up. And when they don't take any calls, no-one rang up.

Indeed. He's clearly wanted a big role on the BBC for some time, but he's stuck on C5 in an ever-declining show.

With his - and Mrs Wright's - attitude, it's hardly a surprise. and his going on about Jeremy Kyle is clearly because it hits a raw nerve, it's so transparent.

Imagine a night round the Wright's, in a mass of seething resentment 😃
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With his - and Mrs Wright's - attitude, it's hardly a surprise. and his going on about Jeremy Kyle is clearly because it hits a raw nerve, it's so transparent.

PMSL! :D
  • Options
    Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw from Kirsty's twitter that she is heading off on hols to Spain, so guessing no return to work any time soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    poppyrpoppyr Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

Matthew Wright gets on my nerves most of the time but no one should have to put up with anti social neighbours. Just goes to show it doesn't only happen in working class areas though. Mind you he's one of the lucky ones he can afford to move.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

you'd need to take earplugs because of his noisy neighbours.

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorri Lou wrote: »
    I saw from Kirsty's twitter that she is heading off on hols to Spain, so guessing no return to work any time soon.

Eurgh, people who announce to their social media 'followers' that they're going on holiday, and where. So attention-seeking. What else is being the point?
  • Options
    poppyrpoppyr Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Eurgh, people who announce to their social media 'followers' that they're going on holiday, and where. So attention-seeking. What else is being the point?

Couldn't agree more. It's the same on facebook. If it's not where they're going on holiday, it's mushy vomit inducing comments about their husbands/wives/partners (in my opinion a sure sign of a problem relationship) or it's my child has done this, that or the other aren't they just wonderful. The people who like and comment on all of these attention seeking posts are just as sad as the people who put them on.

Rant over!
  • Options
    AngelDollAngelDoll Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen the show for a while but noticed that Kirsty hasn't been on recently. Has anything been said about this? Has she left?
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    So you can say breasts but not penis???????????????????????
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »

God's gift to burglars!
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    So you can say breasts but not penis???????????????????????

Ridiculous. He really needs to brush up on the official OFCOM list of words that can and cannot be said. Penis isn't even listed!

Not going to link to the document as it contains VERY strong language, but google "ofcom swear words list" to see for yourself.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous. He really needs to brush up on the official OFCOM list of words that can and cannot be said. Penis isn't even listed!

Not going to link to the document as it contains VERY strong language, but google "ofcom swear words list" to see for yourself.

I know it is beyond ridiculous and was relevant to the discussion, it wasn't randomly shouted out.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Breasts' is maybe seen as just a bit of fun, a bit of a laugh type word but 'penis' can be linked to more violent sexual crime and so on? (I'm not saying thats entirely fair, highlighting the word 'can' (as in, it isn't always) but just a thought).

I have to say, I cringe at Yvette Fielding - I seem to have totally different opinions to hers. She's entitled to her opinion, of course, completely but I do seem to have completely different opinions to hers. I'm totally against the airbrushing of history. I think it all boils down to context - they shouldn't point blank delete or never show any footage of someone because of what they did. Future generations need to be educated and know what has happened but thats not say its ok to broadcast many episodes of TOTP with JS in it, with no warnings or anything - that was a show for entertainment. I see no issues at all with showing, for example, documentaries about him or more about the whole paedophilia issue, high profile cases or what-not, showing footage to make people aware of how popular he was and the fact he had popular programs and so on. I think its point blank dangerous to effectively wipe people out of history by never showing footage, if they were very popular etc. - its part of a story, one we, as a society, have to learn from. I don't quite frankly care if she's uncomfortable with it - maybe we need to be uncomfortable about what happened. Perhaps a warning beforehand might be a good idea though? I'm not sure.[/stands up off soapbox]
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    I know it is beyond ridiculous and was relevant to the discussion, it wasn't randomly shouted out.

I think it was the tone of the conversation.

Yvette has a habit of spouting out comments, without thinking, and had said 'two penises' so I think Wrighty panicked and went into OFCOM mode.:D
This discussion has been closed.