Options

orange 3p texts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
Forum Member
Hi

I have a payg orange phone with free weekend texts which runs out end of Jan 2005. If I get a new orange sim for £4.99 to get 3p texts for six months is it as simple as replace the sim and register it then get 3p texts? I assume i'll have to change my number.

Also will I get the other benefits for new connectors (i.e 30 free texts, orange world free for a month, etc.).

Comments

• Options
    sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    Hi

I have a payg orange phone with free weekend texts which runs out end of Jan 2005. If I get a new orange sim for £4.99 to get 3p texts for six months is it as simple as replace the sim and register it then get 3p texts? I assume i'll have to change my number.

Also will I get the other benefits for new connectors (i.e 30 free texts, orange world free for a month, etc.).

Orange wont allow you to keep your number. But if you dont mind the hassle, port the number to another network, then when that done port it back to a new Orange SIM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so its no problem to change the sim over? orange don't get funny about it when u do it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    so its no problem to change the sim over? orange don't get funny about it when u do it?

i've not done it, i had the weekend texts, they ended so bought a new phone and upgraded to get the 3p texts.

dont think they can do anything about you moving number away then back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wouldn't b buyin a new phone - just a sim for £4.99 though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    i wouldn't b buyin a new phone - just a sim for £4.99 though?

yeah you can just get a SIM for 4.99 and port the number to it from anther network
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what im lookin 2 do is keep both sims. Is this possible (i.e. can i swap sims in the same phone). I want to do this because i still have free texting until end of january and also have talk saver (which gives me 60% off calls to my partners payg orange fone until august).

I dont mind havin to swap sims when wantin to call her.

Is is possible to register two sims on the one phone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    what im lookin 2 do is keep both sims. Is this possible (i.e. can i swap sims in the same phone). I want to do this because i still have free texting until end of january and also have talk saver (which gives me 60% off calls to my partners payg orange fone until august).

I dont mind havin to swap sims when wantin to call her.

Is is possible to register two sims on the one phone?

You'd have to get a twin SIM adaptor. Which allows you to use one SIM at a time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i dont mind takin the sim out and swappin it (i wont b changing it over too frequently). is the twin sim adapter necessary?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    i dont mind takin the sim out and swappin it (i wont b changing it over too frequently). is the twin sim adapter necessary?

nope, make sure you dont damage the SIM's tho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the chances are that i'll keep the 3p text sim in, and only swap it over two or three times in a month.

will orange register two sims on one phone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    incidently where can i buy a dual sim adapter thing from and how much would it cost?
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    incidently where can i buy a dual sim adapter thing from and how much would it cost?

eBay.co.uk and it will cost from £2-14 from what i've seen and you just have to make sure that you buy the right one for your phone if your phone is compatible, if you have a nokia then you should be ok but otherwise you may be in luck or may not be for a sim adaptor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have motorola e365.

but will orange register 2 sims on one phone????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    i have motorola e365.

Do you mean two sims with the same number?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    - 2 sims (one with my original payg number and talk saver plan, and the other with my new payg number with 3p texts for 6 months)

- 2 numbers

- 1 phone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    i have motorola e365.

Yeah, they did for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monkey wrote:
    - 2 sims (one with my original payg number and talk saver plan, and the other with my new payg number with 3p texts for 6 months)

- 2 numbers

- 1 phone

Well you can put any Orange sim card in an Orange phone so that would be a yes then :)