The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Comments

• lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remaking a 10 year old film. Seriously, talk about running out of ideas.

This is the thing. It's just too soon after the other ones that they are remaking it. I guarantee, no matter how much publicity this one will get, the ordinary punter will just be confused by the whole thing.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    It wont be as big as The Dark Knight Rises surely? Well to be fair, I don't think any film next summer will be able to match the hype of that film anyways.

Erm............The Avengers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Erm............The Avengers?
    No come on. I'm speaking as a normal punter here... Not a comic book fan.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No come on. I'm speaking as a normal punter here... Not a comic book fan.

The Avengers will decimate The Dark Knight Rises next year at the box office. The Dark Knight was excellent and my favourite Superhero film until X-Men: First Class came along but it's takings were helped by Heath Ledger shuffling off this mortal coil.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Avengers will decimate The Dark Knight Rises next year at the box office. The Dark Knight was excellent and my favourite Superhero film until X-Men: First Class came along but it's takings were helped by Heath Ledger shuffling off this mortal coil.

:rolleyes:

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    The Avengers will decimate The Dark Knight Rises next year at the box office.
    Pure comedy gold ;)
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    It wont be as big as The Dark Knight Rises surely? Well to be fair, I don't think any film next summer will be able to match the hype of that film anyways.

The latest Harry Potter already has:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    The latest Harry Potter already has:)

I think they were talking about the next one not Dark Knight but Dark Knight Rises.

Also Harry Potter seems to be slowing so it might not actually beat the Dark Knight.

I think there is too much hype surrounding the Dark Knight Rises though, it's a unpopular opinion I know but I didn't think The Dark Knight was the masterpiece people make it to be. It was good but not superb. So I am not building the next one up to be something it's not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    The Avengers will decimate The Dark Knight Rises next year at the box office.

None of the stand-alone Marvel movies have taken higher than Iron Man 2's $622 million (not counting the original Spider Man movies), and with box office takings falling for superhero movies (Thor, Green Lantern, X Men: First Class, and i also suspect Captain America will fail to reach Iron Man levels too), i highly doubt that The Avengers will make it to a billion dollars worldwide. I think it'll take between $600-800 million.

TDKR on the other hand will easily smash TDK's takings, the hype has already started and it's not even out for another year! It's going to be huge, not Avatar huge, but definitely bigger than TDK.
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    None of the stand-alone Marvel movies have taken higher than Iron Man 2's $622 million (not counting the original Spider Man movies), and with box office takings falling for superhero movies (Thor, Green Lantern, X Men: First Class, and i also suspect Captain America will fail to reach Iron Man levels too), i highly doubt that The Avengers will make it to a billion dollars worldwide. I think it'll take between $600-800 million.
    It's possible, but I'd be surprised if it went over $700m. You're right in suggesting public interest in SH films is waning, and clubbing them together may be as off-putting as it is attractive to the casuals. To some it may seem a fans only type of film, and a bit concept heavy - two of the reasons Green Lantern proved such a disaster.
    CJClarke wrote: »
    TDKR on the other hand will easily smash TDK's takings, the hype has already started and it's not even out for another year! It's going to be huge, not Avatar huge, but definitely bigger than TDK.
    Hmm, not sure. The buzz of early hype isn't as important as the actual run-up to any films release, but it's a safe bet to say it'll be huge. Bigger than Inception ($825m - huge indeed), but not quite touching TDK perhaps. I could be wrong of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, not sure. The buzz of early hype isn't as important as the actual run-up to any films release, but it's a safe bet to say it'll be huge. Bigger than Inception ($825m - huge indeed), but not quite touching TDK perhaps. I could be wrong of course.

I think TDKR will easily surpass both TDK and Harry Potter, I also think its the only film in the near future that has any chance whatsoever to overtake Avatar. (which is very very very unlikely)
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I think TDKR will easily surpass both TDK and Harry Potter, I also think its the only film in the near future that has any chance whatsoever to overtake Avatar. (which is very very very unlikely)

Well TDK wasn't 3D so as long as TDKR is in 3D then it definitely has a chance to overtake Avatar ... (I hate 3D but it is responsible for the huge proportion of recent movies making it into the top 20 movies at the box office )

As for the Avengers been the most popular film next summer, I seriously doubt it ... Batman will smash it !!
    Forum Member
    Not ruling out the former, but the latter is a cat-in-hell's chance. Look at the figures:

TDK - $533m (US) /$488m (Int.)
    Avatar - $760m (US) /$2bn (Int.)

Outside of the US, Avatar did over four times the business as TDK. I think it's safe to say big Jim will remain king of the world ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Is there more than one villain in the new Spider-man? I know that Doc Connors/Lizard is the main villain but is there any others or are they going to concentrate on the one?

I am liking the inclusion of his parents too.

*I almost hope that TDKR does bad because of all the hype about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Well TDK wasn't 3D so as long as TDKR is in 3D then it definitely has a chance to overtake Avatar ... (I hate 3D but it is responsible for the huge proportion of recent movies making it into the top 20 movies at the box office )

TDKR isn't going to be in 3D. Nolan has said that he didn't want to do the film in 3D, and Warner Bros have seemingly not pressured him (they probably don't want to piss off their current golden goose!).
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    IMO the trailer makes the film look too emo and dark. I like "dark", but Spider-Man was never that dark at the start in the 1st movie especially, and we all know the origin story anyway.
    Why reboot something thats only a decade old? (Spiderman 3 is only 4 years old too!)
    Forum Member
    The only thing I hope regarding TDKR is that we finally get a Batman film that actually delivers the goods.

btw - Spider-man. Underwhelming. Must 'darker' always have to mean dimly lit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a very bizarre thing to wish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not ruling out the former, but the latter is a cat-in-hell's chance. Look at the figures:

TDK - $533m (US) /$488m (Int.)
    Avatar - $760m (US) /$2bn (Int.)

Outside of the US, Avatar did over four times the business as TDK. I think it's safe to say big Jim will remain king of the world ;)

Interestingly enough as well, out of the post 2000 top tier franchises,( Potter, Star Wars prequels, Pirates, LOTR, Toy Story and Spiderman) Batman is the only one that does less well overseas than the US domestic market.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Avengers but without the appearance of Spiderman (an occasional Avenger member or was when I read comics) I cant see it beating TDKR in the summer.

As for the whole of 2012, one ring will rule them all eventually.......
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Bar the cheesy scenes of Peter going 'wild', I actually found Spiderman 3 to be my favourite of the last trilogy.

However, this trailer looks really promising and will definitely be going to see it at the cinema. Think I could do without an origin story though, but hopefully it will be good and bring something different to the Spiderman franchise.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I seeing things, or is that Sally Field playing Peter's aunt?:confused:
  • BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't as emo as it looks in the trailer.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It's a reboot not a remake as there are difference.In the comic book world it is common for a different writer to give their own version of the origin story.I think the idea of reboot Spiderman is more interesting than another Ramini sequel!

The trailer looks ok.Garfield and Emma Stone look good.You don't see enough of Rhys Ifabs to judge him.I'm liking the darker tone that this trailer has taken!

I just hope that the POV bit at the end is not part of the final film as that looked terrible!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I seeing things, or is that Sally Field playing Peter's aunt?:confused:

Yes, it's Sally Field.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I hope regarding TDKR is that we finally get a Batman film that actually delivers the goods.

btw - Spider-man. Underwhelming. Must 'darker' always have to mean dimly lit?

Seriously?