GTA Vice City 10th anniversary

13»

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Does it have the Kill the Haitians line?

Has the game always had that line cut (text but no audio), right from its release? I remember reading about the controversy in 2004 but I purchased the game in Summer 2003 and it had the edit. Until I knew about this, I just thought that it was a glitch!
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    To give an extra hint, Debut means first shown. ;)
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Anyone play the dawn of the dead style zombie mod for Vice City it was amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Has the game always had that line cut (text but no audio), right from its release? I remember reading about the controversy in 2004 but I purchased the game in Summer 2003 and it had the edit. Until I knew about this, I just thought that it was a glitch!

It was a text directive so wasn't voiced as such.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh wow so the post got removed, I'm not allowed to give free stuff out on DigitalSpy?

...how odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK, just heard back from Forum Mods, sadly this forum operates under strict rules, which is a good thing, but it means there can be no quick competitions or give aways held in threads as everything has to clear over PII, and to be honest, I've done these kind of competitions on other forums and had no problems, but here, I'm not going down the long winded process just to do a good will gesture.

I wish the people who did send answer in got the question right, but alas, no one did. :p So in the end it looks like I have to give these away elsewhere, sorry guys. :(
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    when is the android version going to be out arrgghh its so frustrating its even worse I see it right there on my iPhone in the app store but I want it for my tablet!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

LOL

its also worse when I still have my 2002 PS2 copy but no ps2 to play it on:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    It was a text directive so wasn't voiced as such.

I just checked with this clip and the text is white, indicating speech, whereas mission instructions are pink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I just checked with this clip and the text is white, indicating speech, whereas mission instructions are pink.

It has always been like that the "Stinking nest of haitians" line was also cut as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, they must've just accidentally left the text in after cutting the audio then. It's funny that they made the attempted edit to avoid controversy but the mistake, making it look like a mission instruction (to those unfamiliar with the game), caused it! Anyway, on to more important VC matters...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be launching on PSN this week. :)

Sadly, Vice City has been put back due to certain "stuff" again. :(
  • Options
    flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Android version is on the Play store again now. Downloading.... :)
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    The Original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be launching on PSN this week. :)

My eyes lit up when I say GTA SA

Especially considering at £11.99 its the same price as the Mass Effect Omega add on which seems pricey!
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Iv just tried to DL the android version but it says im not compatable

I thought samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 was compatable? Anyone else have a tab 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The list on the Play store says:
    Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, Asus Transformer Pad Infinity 700, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 / 7.7 / 8.9 & 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P, Sony Xperia Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive, Toshiba Regza, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10, Fujitsu Stylistic 10.1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It say samssung galaxy tab but if the 1st one is compat shouldt tab2 to be aswell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it were me I'd drop them an email - may just be an oversight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    It say samssung galaxy tab but if the 1st one is compat shouldt tab2 to be aswell

Check here and if your problem isn't listed, then submit a new request and they'll try and help you out. :)