How are you funding your PS4/Xbox One?

Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
To minimize the initial outlay I'm thinking about selling a lot of my current gaming gear, the Xbox 360, the Wii will have to go, I have a Nintendo 3DS, DS, all related games and accessories, will be keeping the PS3.

Haven't decided which way I'm going PS4 or Xbox1 but when the time comes, I don't want to be paying the full amount and adding to the mountain of gaming junk in the house.

New Gen = Clean start :D

So who is trading up, saving up, or so rich you're buying from the petty cash?

or are you getting yours bought for you?

Comments

• jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall be funding the PS4 without telling the Mrs first, I'll then hide in the cupboard when the bank statement arrives.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Probably hold off on buying a new phone until next year. Was thinking about buying an s4 but my s3 will be fine for a good while yet.

I got a really good bonus at work a few months ago that i haven't touched with the intention of treating myself aswell.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Money ready and waiting, now for a new tv :)
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Selling crack & pimpin' hoes
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be selling all my PS3 games and bits and pieces (my launch PS3 died at the right time!) and.. erm... dipping into my wedding fund ;)

:) Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asked for money from family at christmas and birthday, it's all sat ready and waiting now but I am still going to wait until next year before purchasing to see which is best.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Money ready and waiting, now for a new tv :)

There are some amazing deals on TVs at the moment, was saying to GF that most people (us included) buy a new TV when the old one breaks, but if I had a month or two to pick one out I'd get an amazing deal
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Prostitution
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm going to sell a kidney on the black market to fund me getting a ps4 :p
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I'll find the money from somewhere as I'm keeping my PS3, some games on that I will want to go back to in years to come and graphics are now at a stage where they don't date badly
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saving up by not going out drinking and not eating takeaways as i'l have 5 months. Whichever console gets released first I will buy and then get the other console for Christmas. :)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pimping the wife out lol.

selling the 360,psp vita and ps3
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was saving my nectar points up for the new xbox, but the more i hear about it the less i want it, so i may end up spending them on a PS4 but probably not at launch day; probably wait until PS3 game release start to drop off and PS4 only titles are on the increase.
  • simasima Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saved up and have £££ now, got money for ps4 & xbox & games. (but will wait on x1)

like I've said into fitness (walked 99.5 mile last week :eek: nee footy on tv :D) so treat meself to gadget's when they come out for all the walks/dumbells/kettlebells. the 360&ps3 & games will go in loft with ps2&Xbox's&games, dreamcast,amiga etc
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May sell my Fat PS3 and some Games (Is PS4 backward compatible?) not expecting to get much from them though but even £50 would be something towards the PS4 i guess.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lottery ticket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saving up for a PS4 over the next few month. Don't wanna sell my PS3 any time soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My birthday and christmas are 8 days apart so as i sometimes to with new consoles (PS3 even though it was delayed, Wii, WiiU, Kinect) i'll make it clear to the family that PS4 would be a birthday and christmas present

With a £100 from each of them plus the £150ish i plan to pay myself i should have a launch budget of about £550 and when the console is only £350 that means lots of games :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fortunately my birthday is in March so whilst there is a three month wait, it's three months longer to save up and hope that there is a bit of a price drop.

Also gives me enough time to get through Beyond and GTA5.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pimping the wife out lol.

selling the 360,psp vita and ps3

If you're getting a PS4 surely you should be keeping the Vita.

Next-gen games on the toilet....... What's not to like?
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prostitution

Oh, beaten to it. I don't know about you but i'm going for high class call girl.

Seriously though, it's direct debt into a savings account and money for my birthday next year. I can't see myself picking up a PS4 until next summer. I nearly pre ordered one today, before I remembered it's coming out before Xmas, i'm not ready for next gen just yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Create a herd of flying monkeys which I can then sell on ebay
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be picking up the PS4 until this time next year at the earliest, loads of time to get enough put away, should be able to pick up a fair few games too.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its going to be a year at the earliest that I pick up a next generation system, more likely 18months so I have plenty of time to save. Even at a pound a day I could have a decent amount saved up by the time I am ready to jump in.
  • andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm depositing money into my e-isa every month, so far I have £170 saved which started during March, I'm going to be putting about £40 away this month and I'll do the same every month until the end of the year, I won't be getting a PS4 on launch though as I want to make sure there are no problems with the launch consoles like there was with the PS3