SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This feels weird, i am used to watching Channel 5's highlights :p
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just the same programme sky sports show?
  • Options
    rocketronnie75rocketronnie75 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    lamby wrote: »
    Is it just the same programme sky sports show?

Yes it is. Minus the verdict.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is. Minus the verdict.

That's good news then! Gonna start watching the recording shortly.

Anyone found that you can't record this as a series (I'm on Foxsat Freesat and my EPG is only allowing this to be single recordings)?? Is that just my system, or is it everyone, or has the EPG been updated to allow series recording?? Ta!
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picture quality not great, but not as bad as I feared. Maybe due to coming from an HD source.

Have to say though, that I really, really do not like having the bottom part of the screen taken up with all that unnecessary large graphics.

Looks bloody awful and distracting and I can't believe people don't complain to Sky if they're paying to watch the cricket. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Picture quality not great, but not as bad as I feared. Maybe due to coming from an HD source.

Have to say though, that I really, really do not like having the bottom part of the screen taken up with all that unnecessary large graphics.

Looks bloody awful and distracting and I can't believe people don't complain to Sky if they're paying to watch the cricket. :eek:

If Sky dropped those graphics I, for one, might be persuaded to sub to the cricket (probably their web coverage) for days when I know I can watch in full.

But with Sky there seems to be an awful lot of (unnecessary?) on-screen furniture which gets in the way of the picture - which is what a lot of people have paid a lot of money to watch.

As for those score boxes, there seems to be a lot of stuff put there which is of minor importance, if any.
    runs, wickets, overs and, when appropriate, target. That's all we need.....what the batsmen have scored can wait until the end of the over?
  • Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its useful during the full days play. Maybe not in highlights but its far better than any others worldwide!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its useful during the full days play. Maybe not in highlights but its far better than any others worldwide!
    Have to completely disagree, it's far too big and distracting. I find it very annoying not being able to see the full picture.

Would have preferred CH5 showing the highlights, not just for the better picture quality, but the less intrusive graphics they use too. I can fully understand why they didn't want them though.
  • Options
    JeffmisterJeffmister Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Actually I think Channel Nine's scoreboard introduced yesterday is far better than Sky's one. As these screencaps show, they only take up one line to cover nearly everything Sky uses two lines for
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »

I could hardly see the flippin' ball! I wondered if it was the Aussie grass or the balls shade of red under the sun:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is really very little action cut off by it. If you are not getting Sky just because of that you need some form of help...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is really very little action cut off by it. If you are not getting Sky just because of that you need some form of help...

My TV allows me to zoom in and then move the picture down so all you get is the first line which isn't so bad.

I'd like to know what % of an ordinary screen the scorebar takes, and at what % it has to be before all those that say it isn't obstrusive finally decide it is?

It could end up like Sky Sports news with bars along the bottom and side - I'm sure it wouldn't but then again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great for when you are dipping in and out. Instantly see who is batting, for how long and how well they are going. How well the bowler is doing, how many they are trailing by rather than waiting to find out of having to go online. Perfect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that uneeded guff should be reserved for the red button, or shown intermittently.

Absolutely no need to have the whole of the bottom part of the screen permanently taken up by such a large graphic. Awful.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Posters living in the past, there.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the highlights on Sky Player (on demand). The picture was awful. wasnt my connection as i had tested out AJS after and the picture was perfect.

I'll be waiting for the Pick TV highlights tonight, i'm sure the PQ is better.
  • Options
    TomM44TomM44 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    It's great for when you are dipping in and out. Instantly see who is batting, for how long and how well they are going. How well the bowler is doing, how many they are trailing by rather than waiting to find out of having to go online. Perfect.
    I agree. If distracted I occasionally look to see what ball it is in the over, who's bowling, who's taking strike and how the lead or run chase is. You soon get used to it.
  • Options
    franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have some kind of disorder where I am not distracted by graphics in the bottom/at the top or in the corner of a screen. Maybe I need to see a doctor.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    franchise wrote: »
    I must have some kind of disorder where I am not distracted by graphics in the bottom/at the top or in the corner of a screen. Maybe I need to see a doctor.

Indeed.

Some posters on here probably want to return to the days of there being no score on screen during a football match, meaning you have to watch the thing for ten minutes just to check the score :rolleyes:

Id rather have the score on screen all the time rather than suffer the ones which popped up during Italia '90 every ten minutes, for example. Used to take up the whole bloody screen with some yellow dotted line if I recall correctly!
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is a choice between the Pick highlights and nothing I would choose the highlights any time.

Actually, the PQ seemed fine for me most of the time and the graphics, though a bit large, were quite useful to keep track of who was doing what. The graphics, for me, are more useful in any highlights programme (Pick, ITV4 or Ch 5) because they keep jumping from one over to another without it otherwise being made clear.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how the Champions and Europa League will be in 10-15 year time, Interest will be died and no FTA broadcaster wanting the highlights rights. BT Sport however will still show it live but no one is bothered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how the Champions and Europa League will be in 10-15 year time, Interest will be died and no FTA broadcaster wanting the highlights rights. BT Sport however will still show it live but no one is bothered.

Unless someone supports a club actually IN the CL, I am finding it difficult to find any football fan remotely interested in the CL and less so the EL.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Pick TV Ashes highlights show available online on an iPlayer-type service? Or is their an equivalent programme available online and not behind a paywall? I suspect this is a bit of a faint hope, but thought I might as well ask.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Pick TV Ashes highlights show available online on an iPlayer-type service? Or is their an equivalent programme available online and not behind a paywall? I suspect this is a bit of a faint hope, but thought I might as well ask.

Some newspaper websites have the highlights (from not soon after the close of play) but no idea how long they last. If it's 3 mins 40 seconds, that will cover the whole of the England batting innings then, with time for interviews.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,023
    Forum Member
    howard h wrote: »
    Unless someone supports a club actually IN the CL, I am finding it difficult to find any football fan remotely interested in the CL and less so the EL.

Certainly say that with the Group stages.

Probably more interest nearer the end of the tournament when the real action starts....