Options

Are you a loyal soap fan?

RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
Forum Member
✭✭
I was wondering if I was the only person who can be quite flaky with soaps?

If a soap is going through a rough patch for a while I give up and wont watch until I hear it's on the rise again, which I have just done with EastEnders this week.

Comments

• Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Yes I still watch all 3 of them
  • Options
    RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I still watch all 3 of them

Even if one or more of them was terrible for a long period of time you wouldn't stop watching?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bounce between soaps but I guess the soap I'm loyal to at the moment is Hollyoaks but when I first joined DS it was Eastenders and last year it was Emmerdale
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am - good or bad, I still rip the piss out of them - they don't come any more loyal than me.
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am - good or bad, I still rip the piss out of them - they don't come any more loyal than me.

^^ This. I might be 5000 miles away but I still watch them while slagging them off in equal measure.
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I watch the 3 (what I call) "top" soaps all the time even if it takes a nose dive off the cliff for a while - sometimes I find my self wondering why I am still watching but I stick with it
  • Options
    SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I am loyal or so I thought,ive watched all 3 soaps religiously since I was about 14/15,im now 36.But in the past couple of months Ive not watched EE at all and don't miss it,i used to love it but not anymore,shame.I also slag them all off but that's allowed for a seasoned soap pro:D
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch all 3. When they're going through a rough patch I might not be as keen to watch but I usually still have them playing in the background. Really struggling with Eastenders at the moment because I can't stand Ronnie, but I just stick it on mute or do something on the computer while it's playing.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Yes,Any of the soaps I watch I still with no matter what.
    The last time I missed an episode of EastEnders was mid 90's
    I see no need to miss an episode with catch up,recordings ect anyway.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I go phases on which soap is my favourite, surprisingly, it's never Corrie. :P

At the moment its EastEnders, around a month ago it was Hollyoaks and its been Emmerdale all year until it was Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how shit it is I will forever watch EastEnders. Try giving up after snake gate but it didn't work.....:D
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This! I always enjoy Corrie for good moan. :D:D

No matter how bad the storylines will be, if they where excellent I am sure there would be nothing to complain about - how boring! :p:p:D
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as long as Coronation Street keeps its older cast I will remain loyal to it. I keep coming back and to Eastenders and Hollyoaks - Eastenders I was loyal with, but stopped watching from about 2012-2013, just getting back into it now, though.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    All 3 for me even though I hate them all. Have got into Pobol Y Cwm in a big way this year. Definitely my current favourite.
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch EastEnders and yes I'm loyal to it. I haven't missed an episode since I started watching it regularly 8 years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    All 3 for me even though I hate them all. Have got into Pobol Y Cwm in a big way this year. Definitely my current favourite.

LOL!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch Hollyoaks, Corrie and Emmerdale all the time. Watch EE most of the time but find it a bit boring and im not that bothered if I miss it.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say I'm addicted rather than loyal.

I gave up Eastenders about 10 years ago and have no plans to ever rejoin it, but I watch Corrie and Emmerdale avidly.

Emmerdale has been grinding my gears recently. There's only one storyline I find bearable right now - the goings on at Homefarm. Everything else is making me shout at my telly or squirm in my seat, especially 'Vicar Wars' ( that seems to be over, finally ) and Moira putting her loathesome nephew who she hasn't seen for years over her son.
    Yet I still keep tuning in.
    :confused::confused:
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    ED and Corrie are both peeing me off no end at
    the moment - the former mainly for David/Alicia/David. 'Ooh let's get married', 'lol dunno if we should', 'tell Priya!', 'aww poor Priya'.. rinse and repeat. Corrie for the David fiasco. I still watch and slag them off no end though. It's a twisted loyalty. EE is actually maintaining
    my patience the most at the moment! :o
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes I pretty much watch them no matter what. I'll miss episodes but have never made a decision to just stop watching because it is bad. It's like Doctor Who - been part of my life since I was a small child and stuck with it through the dark days of the late 80s - I can't imagine ever not watching it.

However, I do complain about shows when they are having bad spells and some people seem to think that isn't very loyal. If you are a fan you have to praise and support no matter what and I don't agree with that at all.
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started watching Hollyoaks for the first time in years. When I say years...Gary Lucy was still in it and they had their first serial killer when I last watched it. The pub exterior shots were from Goodfellas down near Handbridge in Chester. Now it's all filmed in Childwall.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Eastenders since late 2010, but I started watching US soaps in 2003.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loyal to the soap I love, it use to be EE but now it's ED.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch them until I get fed up of them and once I'm fed up of them I never go back to them. That happened with both Eastenders and Corrie. I still love Emmerdale and Home & Away but if I get fed up of them then I'll stop watching them too.
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Even if one or more of them was terrible for a long period of time you wouldn't stop watching?

No I don't think so, I can't see myself stopping watching them. I think it's a habit