Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Just watched Dr. Death's attempt at lip syncing put a ring on it, just to get me in the mood :-\
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Good grief, no wonder Dr Death burps his way through his show, he ate fried minced beef covered in beans and cheese before he went to bed! What a hideous concoction.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Steve Allen - 'If somedody's fat, I'm sorry, you've got to tell them'.

Steve Allen, YOU'RE FAT!

And Gemma Collins is a strain on the NHS, says the man whose diabetes and angina, more than likely brought on by his unhealthy lifestyle, must have cost the NHS a fortune over the years.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Good grief, no wonder Dr Death burps his way through his show, he ate fried minced beef covered in beans and cheese before he went to bed! What a hideous concoction.

Hideous indeed RM, and the inevitable repercussions. I pity those who inhabit the studio afterwards. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr. Death's gastric system is in fine tune this morning. No mention of Cheryl spag bol.........yet!
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sounds nice but not right before bed!. Now he is dismayed that food factories make stuff for all supermarkets.

Making sandwiches exciting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr. Death still reliving the story of the dying woman who wanted to see her horse before she passed away. She did - a very moving account.
    Stewie has done this story to death though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    Hideous indeed RM, and the inevitable repercussions. I pity those who inhabit the studio afterwards. :o

Febreeze and gas mask at the ready :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So now stewie's an expert on dementia. Back on the mushrooms now :D
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Death's gastric system is in fine tune this morning. No mention of Cheryl spag bol.........yet!

You must have either very acute hearing, a super-sensitive radio or a vivid imagination because I've never heard any offensive noises - apart from his irritating cough - oh, and the perpetual wittering about whatever his current obsession happens to be.

Did he say why he's off to the hopsital today?

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did he say why he's off to the hopsital today?

Morning all. :)

Steve's going to the glaucoma unit. He said of becoming wary after that dreadful eye infection, although I wouldn't have a clue how the two could be linked. He indicated his diabetes could be an underlying factor.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve's going to the glaucoma unit. He said of becoming wary after that dreadful eye infection, although I wouldn't have a clue how the two could be linked. He indicated his diabetes could be an underlying factor.

Don't know if there is a direct link between glaucoma and diabetes but a thorough examination of the back of the eyes will give a very good indication of your general health. I had this done and one of the tests was to dilate the pupils, very strange, there is no pain but when you leave the unit everything outside looks woozy and wonky to say the least (you are advised to be accompanied if you are to take this test). No doubt Steve will tell us all about it tomorrow, I might, just might, give the show a miss:D
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    Steve should be having an annual check for diabetic retinopathy - damage in the retina caused by high sugar levels. They just put in drops to dilate the pupils then take a couple of photographs. the drops sting a bit but that's it. You're advised not to drive simply because it takes a little while for the pupils to return to normal and you are at risk of being dazzled while they are dilated. Let's see how much of a drama he makes of it.

As a diabetic myself I shudder at his diet and misguided ideas about the disease. I cannot believe he has it well controlled.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    The_Moth wrote: »
    Steve should be having an annual check for diabetic retinopathy - damage in the retina caused by high sugar levels. They just put in drops to dilate the pupils then take a couple of photographs. the drops sting a bit but that's it. You're advised not to drive simply because it takes a little while for the pupils to return to normal and you are at risk of being dazzled while they are dilated. Let's see how much of a drama he makes of it.

As a diabetic myself I shudder at his diet and misguided ideas about the disease. I cannot believe he has it well controlled.

BiB.
    I don't think Vallen has ANY idea of what control is to be honest. All his life he seems to have been victim to excess in both smoking to excess and liking rather too much alcohol and junk food. As he has been forced to stop the first two, the latter is still in evidence if we are to believe what we hear from him nowadays.
    I don't want to sound too unfair but he does seem a trifle weak-willed.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    waiting for the weather i heard the morning muppet ask "what makes someone stupid - is it not knowing stuff?" which he was then linking to rylan who it seems didnt remember what the "marie" famously linked to cancer surname was on some game show.. only, steve then waffled into a mess and had to admit he couldnt remember what it was marie curie had done as he dead-ended his train of thought into a cul-de-sac of faulty memory... yes, mr allen YOU are the example of stupid you seemed to be looking for.

HAHAHAHA i just noticed the DS advert space on this thread has been filled with a huge portion of KFC chicken in their streetwise snacks range... dr death's diet is being picked up by the advert algorithms
  • Options
    edwardlondonedwardlondon Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    did anyone hear steve in convo with michel roux?
    poor mr roux must have thought steve v odd. steve`s knowledge of food is v basic to say the least and I think he was a little out of his depth when interviewing the master.
    It was car crash radio but v amusing. steve is certainly no interviewer....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waiting for the weather i heard the morning muppet ask "what makes someone stupid - is it not knowing stuff?" which he was then linking to rylan who it seems didnt remember what the "marie" famously linked to cancer surname was on some game show.. only, steve then waffled into a mess and had to admit he couldnt remember what it was marie curie had done as he dead-ended his train of thought into a cul-de-sac of faulty memory... yes, mr allen YOU are the example of stupid you seemed to be looking for.

HAHAHAHA i just noticed the DS advert space on this thread has been filled with a huge portion of KFC chicken in their streetwise snacks range... dr death's diet is being picked up by the advert algorithms

You should try Adblock - it makes browing DS far less irritating. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletin from Steve:

Steve Allen ‏@steveallenshow 3m3 minutes ago
    The best news, No Glaucoma, bad news the rest of me is falling apart. What a service, quick and pain free

At least he has no illusions about his state of health. Pity he doesn't adjust his lifestyle to effect some improvement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good first hour from J O'B. He's always better with non-political topics.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the trailer for J H-B's show she questions e-cigs being shown in a tv advert tonight. She sounded Holier-than-thou on this one. Beware those, who are sensitive to the subject.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    In the trailer for J H-B's show she questions e-cigs being shown in a tv advert tonight. She sounded Holier-than-thou on this one. Beware those, who are sensitive to the subject.

This is the ad

http://youtu.be/8N5aiVog-jQ

I'm beginning to understand why thewilson is such a fan! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    This is the ad

http://youtu.be/8N5aiVog-jQ

Good lord, I've heard of overkill but that's ridicular$e. :D
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Good lord, I've heard of overkill but that's ridicular$e. :D

One here for the ladies (and some of us boys ;-))

http://youtu.be/-9ch7KKn7yE
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »

I don't smoke or vape, but she has sold it to me :cool: !!!!!

This is exactly the point that J H-B was making that the way it is being promoted may encourage people to not only use that product, but also may suggest to people to smoke ordinary cigs.

Now can somebody give me her contact details ... ;-) :kitty:
This discussion has been closed.