Seventh white male winner

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The answer is to have a MOBO version of X Factor which would be brill.

Would that be the same MOBO's that are so watered down these days that they throw awards at that well known no white non male act Sam Smith?
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_amber wrote: »
    So you're saying people vote for white contestants because they themselves are white? No matter how shit they are? Sounds like racism to me...

They mean that there are going to likely be more white people in the final as more white people are in the country (so more get through), statistically meaning less odds of winning if not white. Not due to people voting but out of statistics of race of those who enter the competition. If the public was racist Fleur would not have made the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joaniponi wrote: »
    I so agree with the implication of this post: relatable, normal, ordinary are words used to describe those who reflect back an image a 'we' has of itself. And if black women do well they are described as 'pimped'. We don't see the ways those we expect to be there are supported.

They are? :confused: By whom? Can't say I've ever heard of that.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Alicey wrote: »
    It's a gender thing. The track record of white women on the show is atrocious.

Bailey almost lost to Nicholas, Alexandra was beaten by Eoghan almost every single week. Little Mix not far ahead of Marcus either.

before last year only two white females had made the final 3 and in both those cases they scrapped through to get there, Amelia was even brought into the show at a late stage.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're saying people vote for white contestants because they themselves are white? No matter how shit they are? Sounds like racism to me...

Around 5% of the UK population are black or mixed race. That's 1 in 20 people. Have 1 in 20 contestants been black/mixed? Have 5% of winners been black/mixed?

I'm not one of these people who claims racism does not exist any more. Far from it. But in this case, you're really looking for racism where there is none.
  • king_kong1king_kong1 Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    Right? I'm white and voted for Fleur

So what's your point? Every white person that voted Ben is racist?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that hard to figure out. S/He's saying that most of the population's white, therefore most entrants are white. Your jumping to the conclusion of 'OMGZ! You mean racism!' explains enough.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    why would white middle aged women vote for James Arthur???????.......give me a break.....yuk........he was awful..so that theory hits the wall.......My 18 & 19 year olds thought he was great........

Now Ben.......I did vote for HIM!!!!!.xx......which proves your theory!......

Personally I found more middle aged viewers preferred jahmene (who was actually above James in the voting most weeks) I assumed it was more young people who liked James Arthur.
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main point isn't about race, it's that we get the same types of winners year after year! Men! I'm sick of it!
  • red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right? I'm white and voted for Fleur

I don't understand what you're trying to say...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main point isn't about race, it's that we get the same types of winners year after year! Men! I'm sick of it!

2011 - Little Mix
    2012 - James Arthur
    2103 - Sam Bailey

Yep, separated at birth that lot
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are overlooking the fact their singing style and act are polar opposites.

It's like asking me to choose between Beyonce and Springsteen. I would never pick Beyonce and her colour is nothing to do with it. I really have no time for that kind of music.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of 11 series, just saying

What's your point ?

The voting public obviously like the voices ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how Fleur was the only contestant along with Ben to avoid the bottom two for the entire series. Bloody racist, misogynistic Britain! >:(
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its interesting. Brits vote for males while in Oz they for for females.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are you gonna face facts and see that female winners are an anomaly!? 4 out of 11 is not good! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Its interesting. Brits vote for males while in Oz they for for females.

I should probably move to Oz then!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    lombard wrote: »
    It's not that hard to figure out. S/He's saying that most of the population's white, therefore most entrants are white. Your jumping to the conclusion of 'OMGZ! You mean racism!' explains enough.

If it's just purely down to mathematics then how come any black contestant has ever won and how on earth did Fleur get to 2nd place :confused:

I do agree that it's a bit uncomfortable that 7 out of 11 X Factor winners are (white) males but then this denotes sexism as much as racism. What about there only being 1 (white) woman that has ever won the X Factor :kitty:
  • red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Around 5% of the UK population are black or mixed race. That's 1 in 20 people. Have 1 in 20 contestants been black/mixed? Have 5% of winners been black/mixed?

I'm not one of these people who claims racism does not exist any more. Far from it. But in this case, you're really looking for racism where there is none.

Not looking racism at all far from it. The final wasn't made up of 20 white people and 1 black person - only 2 people and they were on an equal footing.

What does the racial make up of this country have to do with anything in that situation? unless it's implied that the majority are more likely to vote for people who look like themselves.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't pull the racism card out. Black, white, Pink, Blue it doesn't matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lombard wrote: »

I'm talking mostly about the fact that the winners have been 7/11 male, what you're saying doesn't explain why women rarely do well :(
  • LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order for any statistic to be truly valid, there needs to be at least 52 results in order to extrapolate meaningful data.

11 results is nowhere near. Therefore, statistically invalid and meaningless.

I don't know what the OP intention was in starting this thread, but in my opinion, it's a deliberate attempt at inciting a reaction. Which many of you have done. And not for the good of the forum.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this just shows that White Men are the best singers.

Look at Mick Hucknall and Barry Manilow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't pull the racism card out. Black, white, Pink, Blue it doesn't matter.

I'm pulling the sexism card out actually
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this just shows that White Men are the best singers.

You must be kidding surely?
This discussion has been closed.