Top Gear

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats all very good, just hope you didn't want to record 2 programmes at nine.

I think I was recording three, I can record five simultaneously (six if I include recording the one being watched on the TV set) though one would be in SD.
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    It could be part of the BBC's contract with Wimbledon that the double's finals are covered properly i.e. on a HD channel and not a low resolution Red Button channel.

People have been moaning all week about tennis fans being incapable of switching from BBC1 to BBC2 but it seems Top Gear fans are also incapable of waiting a short time for the programme or recording it to watch later.

The problem is that on most nights of the week tv schedulers still to the every hour on the hour format. Plenty of people who wanted to watch The White Queen or (in my case) The Revenants had to make a decision which was unnecessary for a pointless, sideshow which no-one could be bothered watching live.

There were 30,000 people in Wimbledon on Sunday and only a few hundred stayed for the mixed final? Pathetic.

Red button.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,145
    Forum Member
    I hope we get a better episode tonight :)
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People really complained about the Hertfordshire segment last week ?...Really ?!!!
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    "Budget" super cars? My budget doesn't stretch that far!
    Forum Member
    Is all of Spain deserted?
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Granted i'm not paying a huge amount of attention.. but is this episode purely them messing around in three cars and taking the p**s out of Spain and it's economic problems? We're 32 minutes in. Surely they have more than this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granted i'm not paying a huge amount of attention.. but is this episode purely them messing around in three cars and taking the p**s out of Spain and it's economic problems? We're 32 minutes in. Surely they have more than this?

It's a very slow episode that's for sure, I too am not paying that much attention and didn't really notice that they were still tossing around Spain until i saw you're comment. :D
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I find the English and Aussie actors they have on the show are far more down to earth and seem less arrogant than the American ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ! We're back in Spain...
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who those 3 people were walking in the distance behind the barrier on that road to nowhere were?

Apart from Puerto Buenos, they're the only people I've seen in Spain on this episode!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Just seems like yet another holiday filmed entirely in a different country (can't they film here anymore?) with the 3 of them driving expensive cars while reflecting on Spain's austerity.:confused:

I wouldn't mind and I know that's the Top Gear way...but they haven't even done anything unique or funny so far!
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    This is where all the huge debt mountain/EU money was spent
    Forum Member
    Man on park bench spotted! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man of park bench spotted! :D

You know it's a bad episode when a lone Spanish guy on a bench makes me laugh more than the rest of the episode.
    Forum Member
    Lord Effingham :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The race was good and actually seemed quite real and unstaged. But the rest of the episode was rather pants I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three episodes down, not impressed, i was hoping each ep would improve but they seem to have got worse imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The race was good and actually seemed quite real and unstaged. But the rest of the episode was rather pants I thought.

Agreed, no daft thing to spoil it, just a good old fastest car wins race.
    Forum Member
    I did laugh more than the last two episodes, I'll give them that.
  • SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was basically a special without any special bits in it.
    Forum Member
    I think the heat is taking it's toll. The more we delve into the quality of the episode, the less fun it becomes. It's an entertainment show, surely there must have been some moments which were remotely funny for you.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred it to the other two episodes of this series; I always prefer it when they have films of the three of them - or at least two - interacting, so long as this does not reach farcical 'staged comedy' levels. But I think it was perhaps a mistake devoting pretty much an entire episode (certainly in terms of non-studio stuff to that.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »

Presumably quite a few of those Euros came from the EU (i.e. us)?
This discussion has been closed.