Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
Forum Member
If that's true, it will be much earlier than the usual release date for the winner's debut single which is definitely good news!

They have also revealed that the song will be pop/hip-hop/R&B all merged into one and they will also bring the old-school harmonies back.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/891136-little-mix-reveal-details-for-upcoming-old-school-single

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard about it, that is great news, I'll surely be interested in the style of their debut single and with any luck, it should give them time to have a debut album ready during the Summer holidays.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're trying to emulate the JLS Beat Again thing, that and being overshadowed by Girls Aloud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a good move, if true. Especially with the girl band market suddenly looking a lot busier than it used to with Stooshe, new Saturdays stuff, original Sugababes reforming, new Sugababes maybe releasing and a possible Girls Aloud reunion.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really doubt the old Sugababes will be massive.
    The Saturdays are moderately massive but cannot sell albums
    Nothings beating Girls Aloud - there seems to be a real hunger for them in the media and by the public.
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    I really doubt the old Sugababes will be massive.
    The Saturdays are moderately massive but cannot sell albums
    Nothings beating Girls Aloud - there seems to be a real hunger for them in the media and by the public.

Don't know about a hunger, but whilst GA are pretty stale now, have to agree the press seems to think they can sell space by putting column inches and pics in on the various members.

As to Little Mix will be interesting to see what comes out. They are better and more talented as singers, but its all about the marketing and hype.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I heard about it, that is great news, I'll surely be interested in the style of their debut single and with any luck, it should give them time to have a debut album ready during the Summer holidays.

It's a gr8 move cause you associate girl groups with the summer, they'll have a summer smash-hit :cool:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this the earliest release of an xfactor winner?
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    They're trying to emulate the JLS Beat Again thing, that and being overshadowed by Girls Aloud.

Girls Aloud is the reunion actually happening?
    I mean Cheryl will be releasing new music in Spring/early Summer...and I thought Nadine wasn't interested in the group anymore.

Can't wait for LM's single. Maybe the label want to release earlier due to Marcus' release.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting how the top two of the latest series are both releasing singles much earlier compared to what we're accustomed to..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

Shayne released his first single/album in April 2005 after he won.
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

Shane Ward's Debut was released in April and Steve Brookstein was at the beginning of May.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,529
    Forum Member
    A good move IMO...

The waiting till Oct/ Nov to release has worked 2 times out of 5.

A summer time/ mid year release has worked far more well for JLS, Olly, Cher, Diana and 1D etc
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I hope they'll promote in Europe too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    A good move IMO...

The waiting till Oct/ Nov to release has worked 2 times out of 5.

A summer time/ mid year release has worked far more well for JLS, Olly, Cher, Diana and 1D etc

Just out of curiosity, are the 2/5 Leona and Alexandra? and the rest are Leon, Joe and Matt?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    I think that's a good move, if true. Especially with the girl band market suddenly looking a lot busier than it used to with Stooshe, new Saturdays stuff, original Sugababes reforming, new Sugababes maybe releasing and a possible Girls Aloud reunion.

Sugababes are just being ignored these days, The Saturdays will be on their temporary vacation at some point and Girls Aloud reuniting isn't happening anytime soon.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,529
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, are the 2/5 Leona and Alexandra? and the rest are Leon, Joe and Matt?

Yeah

It worked as a launch for Leona and Alexandra and not so much for Leon, Joe or Matt.

I know there are other factors involved such as radios picking up the songs and the amount of promotion that the acts received etc - however it really has only worked 2 times out of the 5 times they've tried it.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

Woooo!

Cant wait wait for it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post, whoops.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Cowell will make them "retro" and will market them towards children.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    I can't wait :D me thinks the Album will be out in September then.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

I'm hoping not. There's a lot of support from ladies over 30, which may seem a little odd, but could be because we all recall the girl band Queens; The Spicegirls ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not if Little Mix have a say, they are not pushovers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The winners of the previous years show always appear on the first Sunday results show of the new series to promote their new song dont they?

With the girls releasing a song in May, Is it doubtful that they would sing it in October when it would be 5 months old?

So hopefully this means they would have a 3rd single to promote by the time the live shows come back around! :D
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Not if Little Mix have a say, they are not pushovers.

They don't get a say, not with Cowell on a first album
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't get a say, not with Cowell on a first album

I think that Rebecca would beg to differ.
This discussion has been closed.