Madeleine:The Last Hope ? BBC1 25/4/12

1464748495052»

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Now that is a very good point. Especially as we know from Kate's evidence, that they didn't actually look into the rooms to check the children. They could have been listening at the door of a room which hadn't contained Maddie for hours..... perhaps from just after the very first check.

Excellent point.:)
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The slave wrote: »
    Losing a child is the very worst thing that can happen to a person. It physically HURTS, you can't breathe for the agony of it. I was on MY knees begging the doctor and God to please make him breathe again. I prayed with every fibre of my being from my very soul. Nothing changed the fact that he had gone. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy if I had one.
    It altered me forever.
    To label my thoughts as 'vile' without knowing the slightest thing about me or my life experience is sheer nastiness.
    You accuse us of being nasty people.
    Where on Earth is your justification for this?
    I'm not in the least ashamed of doubting the McCann story.
    I don't need your permission, Penelope.
    I'm not an idiot.
    I have a degree
    I love my children and grand children more than myself.
    I pity you , Penelope. You don't seem such a nice person yourself.
    Apologies if this offends.

No, it doesn't offend. I am sorry if you have suffered a loss, but I cannot see how bringing that in to this thread helps you other than to try to bring some sort of moral advantage which I don't like.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The slave wrote: »
    Losing a child is the very worst thing that can happen to a person. It physically HURTS, you can't breathe for the agony of it. I was on MY knees begging the doctor and God to please make him breathe again. I prayed with every fibre of my being from my very soul. Nothing changed the fact that he had gone. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy if I had one.

I am so very sorry you suffered a loss of a child .Having worked with bereaved and grieving parents all my life it does change you and those around you and makes you see with different eyes .
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    :eek: Are you for real, PS? I'm sure TS was doing no such thing. It's just your rather warped mind that saw that. What a thoroughly nasty person you are.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenie wrote: »
    Some memories from the night of May 3 2007:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id28.html

What a nightmare. A father and mother both absolutely certain that their three-year-old daughter has just been abducted – and literally only just, because when Gerry checked on his children a short while before he says he saw Madeleine sleeping in her bed. It’s cold and dark and she’s only wearing pyjamas. What would you do?

First things first – you set about deleting your text messages and call logs.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/more-on-deleted-call-records.html

But every minute seems like an hour, remember, so THEN you go out to look for your freezing, freshly abducted daughter. Right? Wrong.

(Barely slept? Oh dear. Still, good she at least managed to get a bit of refreshing shut-eye, anyway.)

So neither of them went out looking. At all. Completely certain as Gerry was that his three-year-old daughter had just been snatched from her bed, so certain that he fell to his knees and broke down into prolonged roaring sobs when the police entered the family's apartment, he didn't actually then go outside and spend any time whatsoever trying to find her that entire night. And nor did his wife.

Every minute seemed like an hour, yet they waited EIGHT HOURS before going out to look for their abducted daughter.

Absolutely brilliant post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Wow, it really does beggar belief...

TheSlave, I am so very sorry for the loss of your child. Your raw pain just leaps off the page, in a way that not one of the McCann interviews every manages to convey. x
This discussion has been closed.