Options

Geri Halliwell former manager sells story on working with Geri

Comments

• Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a really sad article. If true it really shows how lonely Geri felt through that whole time period. I hope her demons are behind her now for her daughters sake.

As for her manager. How very unprofessional. I actually love the comments at the bottom of the article for once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This manager is an awful woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the article: very strange.
  • Options
    Selina KyleSelina Kyle Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Its well known Geri has her issues so this personal attack from a manager who should be able to keep confidence is damn right nasty.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Geri being bonkers and needy is any great suprise to anyone really.

It's a horrible article and really badly written. I hope this woman is happy with her pieces of silver she's probably got in return for betraying Geri. She reckons Geri no longer truts her and, after reading that, she was right not to.

Is their no one left with any professional standards in showbiz anymore? It seems no one is safe from ex friends and confidents wanting their pay day on the back of a celebrities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think people will be beating down this woman's door to work with her now that she's shown she really can't be trusted.
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    Quite liked the bits about Vicky and Dave Beckaham though :D

She was obsessed with J-Lo, didn't like the responsibility of being a mum, had an 'Audrey Hepburn' room in her house and still shagged her hubby in the bathroom. :D Pure gold.
  • Options
    Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any stories relating to that bag of white powder that was shown in the Spice Girls dressing room during Comic Relief (1997?) would have been more interesting...
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the article surprises me. Bad form for the ex manager to sell her story though. And she wonders why Geri didn't seem to trust her!
  • Options
    _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the main issue to this whole story is who would want to work with this woman after this? (I mean the manager not Geri btw)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    So Geri's a bit strange and self-obsessed. Tell us something we don't know. Don't know why she felt the need to bring the Beckhams into it though. Maybe the DM weren't interested enough in the story without them.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always though Geri Halliwell clawed her way to the top through audacity rather then talent. The fact that she is a mentally unbalalnced "wannabe" comes as no surprise.

I lapped this article up. Mad as a cut snake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite liked the bits about Vicky and Dave Beckaham though :D

She was obsessed with J-Lo, didn't like the responsibility of being a mum, had an 'Audrey Hepburn' room in her house and still shagged her hubby in the bathroom. :D Pure gold.

Me too:D

It's not surprising to hear that Geri could whine away for hours about whether to grow her nails and what the pain in her leg could be, she always was vapid and self-obsessed. I feel sorry for anyone who has to make a living by pandering to her daft ideas. That game show sounds like pure gold though:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but wasn't Chris Evans also behind the idea when he owned Ginger Media ?

The game show that is.

Yes, GH is completely potty, another Sarah Ferguson.
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems all those self-help books she's read over the years haven't helped her much. Poor Geri, but like some posters have said, not really a surprise.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this woman has decided to commit career suicide by telling us in the most horrible way what we already knew - Geri is insecure and needy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri's legendary cameo in Sex and the City?: You mean that fleeting stilted appearance where she could hardly string a few sentences together convincigly??! Actually, my friend is a neighbour of Geri's and I have only heard other residents along the road praise her qualities as a good neighbour, looking out for the elderly for example. Geri did once lean across me when I was trying to chose a cream cake at a local cafe but my friend said mothers tend to forget basic good manners when they are also trying to keep an eye on their young children in public.
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Geri's legendary cameo in Sex and the City?: You mean that fleeting stilted appearance where she could hardly string a few sentences together convincigly??! .

'Samantha JONES!'

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems all those self-help books she's read over the years haven't helped her much. Poor Geri, but like some posters have said, not really a surprise.
    In don't think self-help book can be of much use if people resort to buying them in bulk.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else remember when Geri was having that passionare affair with George Michael? ;)I think it was when one of her singles was due to be realised.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought she was just as potty as Sarah Ferguson.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri is one of these celebs (Gwyneth Paltrow is another) who I can see is utterly up herself and delusional, but can't help finding likeable. There's just something so sweet and vulnerable about her.
  • Options
    EEFAN21EEFAN21 Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I like Geri. She has all her issues but is likeable and you never hear her selling personal stories about people the way Andre and Price do. I think Geri is a decent human.

This manager will never have another client again after this.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Geri's legendary cameo in Sex and the City?: You mean that fleeting stilted appearance where she could hardly string a few sentences together convincigly??!

Legendary for all the wrong reasons. Hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocnDq0Kurg
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I'm certainly no fan of Geri, but this Jenny Frankfurt seems like a nasty piece of work. Halliwell paid her wages for eight years, she was happy enough to take the money then. If it really was that awful an experience then why not quit? God knows how much of it is true. Sounds like a pile of overwrought guff to me.