she's gone and enslaved another one ..

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before I clicked on this thread, I knew what it was about by the title of the thread haha.

I'll give it a year, and that's being generous.

Extremely generous

I'd say it will all be over by July and then she'll be onto the next eejit
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Self respect ?

Her kids getting confused at the conveyor belt of men coming and going ?

Her own issues about insecurity and being terrified of being alone ?

And probably a litany of other reasons ..

The kids know their mum and dad aren't together anymore so there are bound to be other people in their parent's lives, they don't appear to be affected by this at all.

How do you know she's terrified of being alone? If she was that terrified she'd have clung onto one of the other men
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    The kids know their mum and dad aren't together anymore so there are bound to be other people in their parent's lives, they don't appear to be affected by this at all.

How do you know she's terrified of being alone? If she was that terrified she'd have clung onto one of the other men

On what basis are you claiming they don't appear to be affected?

Unless you know them personally, you'd have no idea, and if you did, it may not be obvious until later on in life.

I think it is very naive to think that young children would not be affected by their parents divorcing, and then their mum introducing and moving in at least three different men in only a few years.
    They have already gained and lost one step dad, who they no longer have contact with, and then had a man who speaks no english move in with them, and now they are getting a new step-dad. It must be so confusing for them.

I usually hate it when people express concern for celebrity's children, but in this case I think it is very reasonable that people are thinking it will have a negative effect on them now and/or in the future.

As for your other point, it seems a lot of the men run away when the reality of what they have got into hits them and the novelty of the flash lifestyle wears thin. So I don't think she necessarily had a choice to hang on to the others.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    You know, I used to think she was just an attention seeker, but now I'm beginning to think that she is actually unwell.

Actually.....nah. Attention seeker it is.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it removes the title of 'strong woman' she clung to.

All I can see is a woman who made part of her name putting down the men she was with and then unable to be on her own and jumping into marriages with little planning or foresight.

Katie Price is a weak and sad and I pity her.

Hopefully 2013 is the year women like Jessica Ennis are heralded by the masses and women like Katie Price are looked down upon. It would be a great step for the world.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah, this is rubbish. They have seen their mother with three long term men aside from their father in their young lives. I don't care what anyone says, growing up with 4 different men in your lives who all leave 'mummy' and the home will do far more damage than good. It is not normal to have a routinely heartbroken mum going through break ups or getting used to or attached to a man and then he's gone.

They don't appear to be affected because they don't appear to you at all as you don't know them. Few pics in the trashy mags don't count. She is terrified of being alone because she has as much as admitted this and being engaged that many times would suggest she is desperate to be tied down to whoever will have her. 4 engagements in a decade? :confused: Lost count, someone please let me know, ta. :)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    At least it removes the title of 'strong woman' she clung to.

All I can see is a woman who made part of her name putting down the men she was with and then unable to be on her own and jumping into marriages with little planning or foresight.

Katie Price is a weak and sad and I pity her.

Hopefully 2013 is the year women like Jessica Ennis are heralded by the masses and women like Katie Price are looked down upon. It would be a great step for the world.

Great post. I agree with every word :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On what basis are you claiming they don't appear to be affected?

Unless you know them personally, you'd have no idea, and if you did, it may not be obvious until later on in life.

I think it is very naive to think .

I am not naive, they seem balanced enough when they are on TV programmes and THIS is what basis I am claiming this, it is not up to you how this lady brings up her children, is she supposed to remain a nun?

Maybe they will become rebellious in their teenage years but maybe they won't
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her mum now needs to step up to the plate here and talk sense. She needs to put kids and family first and just get rid of the crap in her face, get rid of extensions a fresh new look for her age. Throw herself into that fabulous free school and do good for others and get more involved withe the horse side for Riding for Disabled after Paralympics instead of this merry go round of sleazy men

Peter is gone, made a new life new girlfriend, friends and extended family slowly he done it right really. Can't stand the bloke but he does ok
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not naive, they seem balanced enough when they are on TV programmes and THIS is what basis I am claiming this, it is not up to you how this lady brings up her children, is she supposed to remain a nun?

Your basing whether or not young children have been affected by a stream of men moving in and out thier lives, on how they appear in short clips from an EDITED TV show?

That is more than naive.

I never said it is up to me how she raises her children, I just agreed with Jason and other posters that it cannot be good for them. Nobody is suggesting she should behave like a nun, there is no need to be so extreme!
    Most people do however acknowledge that when you have kids, you have to put their welfare above your own.

I don't actually have a problem with KP. I much prefer her to Pete and the strongest emotion I feel for Katie is pity. I don't agree with other posters that she is doing this for attention and money, I think she is very lonely and desperate to be loved.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »

We can only wish. Thing is, trashy stories sell papers so they'll continue on. I think the only way things will ever change is if people stopped buying papers and magazines with the likes of KP on the cover in any capacity.

Editors and publishers pay very close attention to sales figures when certain people are featured on their covers so any noticeable decline in sales would very likely mean the person in question wouldn't be featured again.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Why does she feel the need to get engaged to every guy she meets?? This woman has seriously lost the plot. Surely she can't be that desperate to stay in the papers?

Poor kids potential daddy number (your guess is as good as mine). :confused::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your basing whether or not young children have been affected by a stream of men moving in and out thier lives, on how they appear in short clips from an EDITED TV show?

That is more than naive.

For goodness sake, some of us have had a free spirited mother and there was nothing wrong with my upbringing, so there is another basis :rolleyes:

So NO I am not naive, I have lived it, obviously not in the public glare, which you will now be moving onto and saying, my life is nothing like Katie Price's kids lives.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is more than naive.

I never said it is up to me how she raises her children, I just agreed with Jason and other posters that it cannot be good for them. Nobody is suggesting she should behave like a nun, there is no need to be so extreme!
    Most people do however acknowledge that when you have kids, you have to put their welfare above your own.

I don't actually have a problem with KP. I much prefer her to Pete and the strongest emotion I feel for Katie is pity. I don't agree with other posters that she is doing this for attention and money, I think she is very lonely and desperate to be loved.

Me neither. Which makes it even sadder.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes - on heavily edited TV shows that sell every aspect of their parents' existence. If they WERE affected I doubt they'd show such footage anyway.

She has known this bloke 9 weeks - she has let him into her kids' life without knowing much about him - he could have a criminal record for all she knows? She is letting him into her children's lives whilst the bed is still warm from Leandro. If she was childless then absolutely power to her elbow - but she isn't - she has 3 children to consider. 3 children who are presented with father figure after father figure who eventually disappear - that MUST have a psychological effect on them.

Nobody is suggesting she should be a nun - but to get engaged after 9 weeks when your most recent engagement has only just ended is frankly absurd IMHO.

She will get the attention she craves though.. At the start will be gushing soundbites about 'he's the one, I've never felt this way before'. When he inevitably gets sick of her we'll hear how he 'has a tiny c*ck and was just after my money'. It's all so painfully predictable. She really needs to get some dignity.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is more than naive.

Oh, I don't think she's doing it for attention and money but I think she'll make damn sure that she gets plenty of both out of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For goodness sake, some of us have had a free spirited mother and there was nothing wrong with my upbringing, so there is another basis :rolleyes:

So NO I am not naive, I have lived it, obviously not in the public glare, which you will now be moving onto and saying, my life is nothing like Katie Price's kids lives.

Having a similar experience (and as you have pointed out, it's not that similar because of the circumstances) doesn't mean that other children will react the same way as you.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is more than naive.

I think that your last sentence is half-right and half-wrong.
    I DO feel a bit sorry for her-for all her bravado and gobbiness, I get the impression she is a deeply insecure,miserable woman.
    I actually think that she IS doing this for attention,but I agree with you that she is lonely and desperate to be loved. Unfortunately,her taste in men is so bloody awful that I don't think that any of them are equipped to give her the love she appears to crave.

It is interesting that so many people are coming out with the line about "five engagements and two marriages by the age of 34" , when Kate Winslet,who is only a couple of years older than KP is ALREADY on her 3rd marriage,and doesn't seem to be attracting anywhere near the same level of vitriol for exposing HER children to a "procession of men".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he inevitably gets sick of her we'll hear how he 'has a tiny c*ck and was just after my money'. It's all so painfully predictable. She really needs to get some dignity.

I have to agree with that :D

Brings back memories of the acorn, can't recall what she called the others bits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a similar experience (and as you have pointed out, it's not that similar because of the circumstances) doesn't mean that other children will react the same way as you.

Of course it doesn't and no matter what I say you will disagree, so I give up :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with that :D

Brings back memories of the acorn, can't recall what she called the others bits

:D:D

Not the most edifying stuff for her kids to read about when they're older...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that your last sentence is half-right and half-wrong.
    I DO feel a bit sorry for her-for all her bravado and gobbiness, I get the impression she is a deeply insecure,miserable woman.
    I actually think that she IS doing this for attention,but I agree with you that she is lonely and desperate to be loved. Unfortunately,her taste in men is so bloody awful that I don't think that any of them are equipped to give her the love she appears to crave.

It is interesting that so many people are coming out with the line about "five engagements and two marriages by the age of 34" , when Kate Winslet,who is only a couple of years older than KP is ALREADY on her 3rd marriage,and doesn't seem to be attracting anywhere near the same level of vitriol for exposing HER children to a "procession of men".

Kate Winslet (who speaking honestly, I find frightfully smug) is a respected actress who has a private life and doesn't sell every last fart to the trash mags. She does not feature her kids in photo shoots or TV shows (as far as I'm aware) and generally keeps herself to herself. She is not a car crash a la Pwicceeeey.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably cos Kate doesn't do OK! Mag interviews about the size of their respective cocks afterwards for her kids to read.

KP's men choices are pretty grim, overall. That's the only quibble I have with it, that they all seem to have disaster written all over them and the initial 'happiness' will be replaced in no time with the same old same old. Why can't she just get to know someone properly and if it's still working after a year or so, then think about making it a permanent thing, not after 5 bleedin' minutes.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    The man's a stripper, it's a perfect match.
    He looks like one of those blokes that all the women go for on Take Me Out!!
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Winslet (who speaking honestly, I find frightfully smug) is a respected actress who has a private life and doesn't sell every last fart to the trash mags. She does not feature her kids in photo shoots or TV shows (as far as I'm aware) and generally keeps herself to herself. She is not a car crash a la Pwicceeeey.

Oh I find Kate Winslet smug as hell too,to be honest.
    And you are absolutely right that she doesn't sell herself or her children (who I wouldn't recognise if they walked past me in the street) to crappy magazines.
    I was just trying to point out (clearly very badly!) that plenty of other women (for example Kate Winslet) have more than the average number of marriages under their belt by their 30s,and yet don't seem to criticised in quite such a vitriolic fashion as KP.